Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
I expect the coaching changes to give Dalton a new lease on his Bengals life
(02-05-2019, 09:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: no surprise.. Andy is thought of highly around the league.. and he has watched him since TCU days.. should be a good mesh

Yes. Really highly in his own division. Big Ben , Mayfield and Jackson want Dalton to stick around some more.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 03:33 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: To those of you who know me,I have been associated with our Bengals for 48 years.I am a retired vet and I love my team.I have been saying all 48 years It all starts with your lines.Without a top O-line,the best,and a top D-line,you go NOWHERE BUT OUT OF CONTENTION real fast.Look how bad this line was !!!!! I so hope this new staff looks and knows to address these key positions first.Look how Tom Brady was able to stand back there and throw the rock ?? The hoodie knows the lines are the most important part of any team. And I have been sayin this for 48 years.I know football,believe this. Now lets get behind this guy and fill up our stadium every game.I am pumped and stoked for us. I believe barring key injuries,we will contend for deep in playoffs by 2020.

I do think the open offense has taken weakened that a bit that you must have a outstanding line.  Wilson gets sacked alot and they win, Big Ben i believe was sacked almost 50 times in 2008 and won the Super Bowl.  I think with the wide open offense, a good defensive line is even more important than a good offensive line.  That does not mean the Bengals don;t need to improve their line they do, but they did improve in the run game for sure this year so a good sign.. but they need to get better but don;t need to be great to win in today's game.

I am not going to try to compare anything to B and B at New England, there is and has been nothing like them maybe on a shorter run the Browns in the 1950s and probably in our life time probably never again
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:55 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yes.  Really highly in his own division.  Big Ben , Mayfield and Jackson want Dalton to stick around some more.

Good try but NOT, I think they were rooting for ML to stay?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:55 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yes.  Really highly in his own division.  Big Ben , Mayfield and Jackson want Dalton to stick around some more.

Big Ben, maybe, but why would Mayfield and Jackson want Dalton to stick around considering Dalton has a winning record against both the Ravens and Browns?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote