Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel bad for Higgins and Boyd
(10-18-2021, 02:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Imagine how Tate feels.

I don't know the depth chart like i used to...so I about had a panic attack when i saw #19 Tate enter the game.  Couldn't believe he was still on the team.....thank god he's not.  :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:01 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: I literally couldn't care less

Same, they are team players and they will get theirs, they need to step it up like Chase has...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:59 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I get it but it’s a team sport. Now if Burrow isn’t even looking for the other guys that’s another issue, same with play calling. It’s really not a bad problem to have. Injuries happen, I’m sure everyone will get their chance. Would be interesting to see film on who Burrow is targeting on his Int’s and where the other guys are at that time.

The breakdown so far is Boyd was the intended receiver on 4 picks, 1 each for Chase, Higgins, and Tate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The majority of the INT’s have been intended for Boyd.

Really, that is interesting. Wouldn’t have thought that. Thanks
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: The breakdown so far is Boyd was the intended receiver on 4 picks, 1 each for Chase, Higgins, and Tate.

Hmm I ask this is another thread, and I know this isn’t the topic but would it happen to show where the picks were on the field. Guess I can stop being lazy and look it up myself but if you have it handy I would appreciate it.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, the targets are pretty even;

Chase - 41

Boyd - 38

Tee - 28 (missed 2 games)

Chase is racking up the yards and TD’s because he’s just far more explosive than the other two.

Thanks, thought so and yeah, there lies the reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 44-year-old Tom Brady being on pace to throw for 5,848 yards and 48 TDs is not what I would have guessed.

Tom is the perfect guage for how much rule changes have made passing easier over the last 20 years. He's better at 44 than he was at 24...or 34. Heck, I remember when Tom was considered a game manager. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tom is the perfect guage for how much rule changes have made passing easier over the last 20 years. He's better at 44 than he was at 24...or 34. Heck, I remember when Tom was considered a game manager. LOL

Sure hope Joe can have some of that success and play somewhere near that long...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 06:50 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I think we could do a better job attacking the middle now either with Boyd Tee or UZO. Seems like seam routes would be open all day

That’s what I was thinking about when I asked where Burrows targets/picks were mostly focused. I’m sure more are from the middle from tipped passes etc. but didn’t we just recently have a game with 0 targets up the middle?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Hmm I ask this is another thread, and I know this isn’t the topic but would it happen to show where the picks were on the field. Guess I can stop being lazy and look it up myself but if you have it handy I would appreciate it.

One pick was in the 20+ yard range to the outside right, which was the Tate pick.

One is in the 10-20 yard range to the outside left, which was the Higgins pick, iirc.

Two are in the 10-20 yard range between the numbers, which is the one to Chase and one of the ones to Boyd.

The other three to Boyd included one in the 0-10 yard range to the outside left and two between the numbers at 0-10 yard range.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tom is the perfect guage for how much rule changes have made passing easier over the last 20 years. He's better at 44 than he was at 24...or 34. Heck, I remember when Tom was considered a game manager. LOL

Being fair, he has 3 All Pro WR's and an All Pro TE now.  He never had an arsenal like that in NE.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: One pick was in the 20+ yard range to the outside right, which was the Tate pick.

One is in the 10-20 yard range to the outside left, which was the Higgins pick, iirc.

Two are in the 10-20 yard range between the numbers, which is the one to Chase and one of the ones to Boyd.

The other three to Boyd included one in the 0-10 yard range to the outside left and two between the numbers at 0-10 yard range.

Damn your on it. Thanks
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Being fair, he has 3 All Pro WR's and an All Pro TE now.  He never had an arsenal like that in NE.

True.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:19 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That’s what I was thinking about when I asked where Burrows targets/picks were mostly focused. I’m sure more are from the middle from tipped passes etc. but didn’t we just recently have a game with 0 targets up the middle?

The Chase pick is the only one I remember coming off a tip(Chase's hands, to be specific).  

The Tate pick was a forced throw into good underneath coverage.  

The pick to Tee was a come back route where the CB broke underneath and made the pick.

The one's to Boyd have been LB's dropping into coverage underneath and not being on the same page on option routes.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Chase pick is the only one I remember coming off a tip(Chase's hands, to be specific).  

The Tate pick was a forced throw into good underneath coverage.  

The pick to Tee was a come back route where the CB broke underneath and made the pick.

The one's to Boyd have been LB's dropping into coverage underneath and not being on the same page on option routes.

The late pick in the Packers game in OT looked like it was intended for the LB lol

The Chase pick was all on Chase though in the Lions game, he needed to bring that one in.

Also the Lions should of had another pick on Burrow over the middle, terrible throw. Burrow is learning.

Same with his so called sliding. Dude needs to learn these things.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Being fair, he has 3 All Pro WR's and an All Pro TE now.  He never had an arsenal like that in NE.

Well no. I think that's why he went there, tbh.

It's a rare collection of talent.

Still think rule changes play into it. Passing numbers are through the roof league-wide.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well no. I think that's why he went there, tbh.

Still think rule changes play into it. Passing numbers are through the roof league-wide.

I think it's part of it.  I think he also wanted to silence the critics that thought he was just a product of Bellicek and all his rings were tainted due to Spygate, etc.  He also now has the distinction of being one of only two QB's in NFL history to win a SB with two different teams(Peyton Manning being the first).

Rules changes help him, but I think they help the young QB's transition a lot easier, which is why they were made.  QB's were busting way too much and the NFL was looking at losing all it's star power if it didn't do something to help them.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 12:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well no. I think that's why he went there, tbh.

2021 Average QB Numbers (16 games): 65.9% Completion, 3,961 yards (7.5 YPA), 27 TDs/13 INTs, 95.2 QB Rating
2011 Average QB Numbers (16 games): 60.1% Completion, 3,675 yards (7.2 YPA), 24 TDs/16 INTs, 84.3 QB Rating
2001 Average QB Numbers (16 games): 59.0% Completion, 3,293 yards (6.8 YPA), 21 TDs/18 INTs, 78.5 QB Rating
1991 Average QB Numbers (16 games): 57.4% Completion, 3,186 yards (6.9 YPA), 18 TDs/18 INTs, 76.2 QB Rating

The last decade has absolutely ballooned QB numbers. They had been going up regardless, but the rule changes because of the Seahawks PI Defense and the defenseless receivers have taken it to a whole new level. Pretty much since Goodell became the commissioner in 2006.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Like others have said I could care less about individual stats if are offense is clicking which it hasn't in many games this year. I think it has less to do with Chase and more to do with scheme and guys under performing. We played some teams with bad corners like the Bears, Lions and the Packers without Alexander and these guys were nowhere to be found. I thought Higgins would be a stud this year I'm cutting him some slack because maybe he's still injured ? but he seems slow and unable to separate this year. We've been so bad on 3rd and short this year I figured Boyd would thrive underneath moving the chains.
Reply/Quote
Spreading the ball was how Brady was able to get many of his rings.
Reply/Quote