Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I feel like Bates and Bell are going to come up huge this game...
In my opinion, one of the biggest advantages the Bengals have that's not really being talked about is the back end of their secondary. Josh Allen loves to hang onto the ball and take shots deep down field.

Having experienced guys like Bates and Bell back there is going to be a huge advantage for the Bengals. They will defend and take away a lot of those deep shots Allen and the Bills rely so heavily on.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
POTG B J Hill and Tee Higgins. Mixon too
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Schematically those 2 have to lock up the backend. Allen does a lot of holding the ball for the big play like Burrow used to. Ken Dorsey is a big part of this as he coaches Allen to do this because he trusts Allen to run when he should run.

I hope we are thinking of ways to use this tendency against Josh.

But this requires you having a good pass rush which i believe we do
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 07:59 PM)Housh Wrote: Schematically those 2 have to lock up the backend. Allen does a lot of holding the ball for the big play like Burrow used to. Ken Dorsey is a big part of this as he coaches Allen to do this because he trusts Allen to run when he should run.

Bengals finished 29th in the league in sacks. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bates in particular showed up because regardless of opinion he comes up big when he has to. The play that will never be mentioned when "The Fumble I The Jungle" happened was the play before that HE MADE
Reply/Quote
Allen has made some amazing deep throws the last couple of weeks so I expect him to hit at least one of those this week. I think our defense could very well be the difference this week but the offense has to show up. No excuses with the line. They know the situation and need to play accordingly.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 07:59 PM)Housh Wrote: Schematically those 2 have to lock up the backend. Allen does a lot of holding the ball for the big play like Burrow used to. Ken Dorsey is a big part of this as he coaches Allen to do this because he trusts Allen to run when he should run.

We aren’t getting sacks but we are doing quite well in more important areas.
Opponent TD per game #2
Opponent scoring #6
Opponent Redzone scoring #6
Turnover margin #5
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I hope the coaches saw what was happening when Cam Sample was subbing-in and use it to shut down the outside O-line blocking.

Love Hendrickson and Hubbard but Sample's got some strength and power.

Move those guys around for mismatches.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 08:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals finished 29th in the league in sacks. 

Need to finish for sure, but the pressures are better from this DL front from what I have seen than what we had last postseason.

Both Sample and Ossai are really contributing right now and are young, talented D-lineman.

Agree with Weezy that Bates and Bell once again could really make a player like Allen pay, and maybe even more than Mahomes.

Allen turns the ball over a helluva lot and this D is great at creating them right now.

I think we match up so well with this team on both Offense and Defense. ST's worries me though with that Hinez guy on Returns.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We aren’t getting sacks but we are doing quite well in more important areas.
Opponent TD per game #2
Opponent scoring #6
Opponent Redzone scoring #6
Turnover margin #5

I believe this was the case in their one drive this year. Bend but didn't break.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I hope the coaches saw what was happening when Cam Sample was subbing-in and use it to shut down the outside O-line blocking.

Love Hendrickson and Hubbard but Sample's got some strength and power.

Move those guys around for mismatches.

Nice call on Cam Sample. Played like a beast against a very physical front in the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to finish for sure, but the pressures are better from this DL front from what I have seen than what we had last postseason.

Both Sample and Ossai are really contributing right now and are young, talented D-lineman.

Agree with Weezy that Bates and Bell once again could really make a player like Allen pay, and maybe even more than Mahomes.

Allen turns the ball over a helluva lot and this D is great at creating them right now.

I think we match up so well with this team on both Offense and Defense. ST's worries me though with that Hinez guy on Returns.

Real question. Do pressures really matter much to a QB like Allen if you aren't finishing them? Making him run out of the pocket and create something or tuck it and running is not a detriment to his game, it is a feature of it. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to finish for sure, but the pressures are better from this DL front from what I have seen than what we had last postseason.

Everyone all week keeps talking about Allen turning the ball over as if it's something that will be a given.  We better not count on turnovers as part of our success or we're doomed if they don't happen.  Bottom line key is the ability to pressure Allen with only 4 rushers.  If we can do this we can limit his windows making it difficult.

Miami really gambled last week, blitzed quite a bit.  They have way better corners than we do which made that possible.  Lou is smart enough to know if we try that we're going to get burnt badly.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 07:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In my opinion, one of the biggest advantages the Bengals have that's not really being talked about is the back end of their secondary. Josh Allen loves to hang onto the ball and take shots deep down field.

Having experienced guys like Bates and Bell back there is going to be a huge advantage for the Bengals. They will defend and take away a lot of those deep shots Allen and the Bills rely so heavily on.

Great point, I failed to call this, but Bell and Bates certainly play big in big games! Let's GO! Can't wait til Sunday!!!!!

I wish I had a Big enough house, I'd have a BengalsBoard Party at the crib!! LOL WhoDey!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen’s interceptions are overrated. But he’s probably more apt to have an off game than some others. His issues are more receiver oriented. Our dynamic 3 receivers are unbelievable. They get open, they win the contested catch almost always, and have the advantage. Chase’s speed and YAC is off the charts. Tee Higgins length and hands are solid. He really wins the contested balls. Tyler runs great routes and is solid. Everybody puts too much credit on Joe. Oh man he’s accurate but his receivers make contested catches not their defender.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 10:56 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Josh Allen’s interceptions are overrated. But he’s probably more apt to have an off game than some others. His issues are more receiver oriented. Our dynamic 3 receivers are unbelievable. They get open, they win the contested catch almost always, and have the advantage. Chase’s  speed and YAC is off the charts. Tee Higgins length and hands are solid. He really wins the contested balls. Tyler runs great routes and is solid. Everybody puts too much credit on Joe. Oh man he’s accurate but his receivers make contested catches not their defender.

He's one of the least accurate QBs in the NFL. The interceptions are just as much on him as they are on his receivers. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Definitely time to shine the Bat signal in the air in distress and hope the playoff Bates puts on his Super cape for the game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bates EARN your money tomorrow!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I think Hubbard plays a big game tomorrow… ala the spy.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 09:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's one of the least accurate QBs in the NFL. The interceptions are just as much on him as they are on his receivers. 

True Dat.

Reply/Quote