Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I finally bought a life insurance policy
It'll never do me any good ,but I do know I'm going to die someday and don't want my kids to have to sell off their stuff just to dispose of my body. It's not a lot, but enough to pay for cremation or perhaps transportation of my remains to the naval yards for burial at sea. (my preferred method) The rest they can spend on hookers and blow.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Go ahead and make all the arrangements for your burial. It is the best thing you can do for your loved ones.
Reply/Quote
You should have went to "Big Lou", he's just like you, he's on meds too! LOL

His radio ads claim a man aged 50-65, in relatively good health can get 1M in life insurance coverage for $100-$200/month.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If you make me the beneficiary of it I will become your personal cook free of charge.

Sometimes my cooking takes getting used to and may taste a little funny at first.

Pay no attention to that.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 11:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: It'll never do me any good ,but I do know I'm going to die someday and don't want my kids to have to sell off their stuff just to dispose of my body. It's not a lot, but enough to pay for cremation or perhaps transportation of my remains to the naval yards for burial at sea. (my preferred method) The rest they can spend on hookers and blow.. lol

my wife has been on me a lot lately to do this too.  ugh.   little does she know, I already have an insurance policy to cover my funeral.  but that's it, not much more.  I guess she's more interested in getting a bigger policy for the both of us, so if something were to happen, our son would be the beneficiary.

sigh. 

what's cheaper, actually being buried or cremation?  I think I'd rather be cremated and have my ashes be buried on the campus of Notre Dame.  I was going to say Cincinnati, but being a life long Bengals fan is bad enough, I hope once I die, I'm free to pick a new team in the after life.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Cremation is far cheaper. My dad's wife cost $700 to burn and grind up vs a few thousand for the cheapest box in the ground in the cheapest graveyard.. Then again she was cremated at a black funeral home just because she was a raging bigot..  She'll never know and frankly deserved it anyway. I went out of my way to make a nice wooden urn just to make my dad happy. Little does my dad know his cremains will be split between her urn and my mother's grave site.. All my siblings are in agreement his worthless cremains should be with mom..
Interesting they call your ashes cremains which sounds eerily a lot like a breakfast cereal.  Try a delicious bowl of cremains for a hearty fat free breakfast!  

As for insurance I went with Assurance through Lumico life insurance company.. Cost $32 a month for $5000 whole life..around $2150 per kid which is better than zero and having to come up with body disposal cash during a family crisis ... I suppose my death would qualify under family crisis rules, at least I would hope so anyway..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 03:48 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: my wife has been on me a lot lately to do this too.  ugh.   little does she know, I already have an insurance policy to cover my funeral.  but that's it, not much more.  I guess she's more interested in getting a bigger policy for the both of us, so if something were to happen, our son would be the beneficiary.

sigh. 

what's cheaper, actually being buried or cremation?  I think I'd rather be cremated and have my ashes be buried on the campus of Notre Dame.  I was going to say Cincinnati, but being a life long Bengals fan is bad enough, I hope once I die, I'm free to pick a new team in the after life.

I don't have a life insurance policy. Who wants to be worth more dead than alive? I have already planned on being cremated, I am claustrophobic as hell, so no dirt for me. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't have a life insurance policy. Who wants to be worth more dead than alive?

Anyone with a family depending on him for support.
Reply/Quote