Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I fit the description….
(09-25-2016, 12:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: White collar professionals never commit crimes?

Generally not B&E.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-25-2016, 03:15 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I Fit The Description...

I was driving my pickup truck in the OTR back in 2001 making a late night delivery to a print shop. I pulled off of Central Parkway onto another street then turned down a back street and parked the truck. Instantly, I was blocked by three police cars, one in front, one behind and one along side with those bright lights shinning in my face. 

A police officer walked up to the side of my truck and about 5 feet away he had his hand on his gun saying, "Put your hands on the steering wheel and don't move". Of course, I didn't move and I told him my liscense and insurance were in my arm rest. He told me to "Get out of the truck and keep your hands where I can see them". I opened the car door, got out and had my hands up...I knew I was going to die, I just knew it.

The officer said "You fit the description of those who like to come down here and buy drugs. There was an accident earlier tonight where a white guy was driving a pickup truck and hit a lady crossing the street then took off. We're you in an accident earlier tonight?"

I said, "No, I'm down here making a delivery to that business right there. Here's the package, my clip board with the address and you can call my dispatcher on the CB to confirm everywhere I've been today".

Then the officer asked to search my truck and I said "Go ahead". That's when one of the guys working for the business came out and asked what was going on. As I was handcuffed, sitting on the curb I said, "your package is right there on the hood, ask this police officer if you can take it, sign the clip board, print your name and put the time down for me please. Also, could you call my dispatcher and let him know I'm being detained by the police?"

After about 20 minutes, the police officer finally said I could go and I radioed in to my dispatcher to tell him the package was delivered and that I was done for the day. After a 15 hour day of messing with Cincinnati traffic, I was ready to go home.

Another night I was busting ass up Johnson Fork Road in Indiana on my way home. I was pulled over by a police officer and thought I was going to get a ticket. I was told to get out of the truck and that "I fit the description of someone who eluded another police officer not that long ago.

After about 30 minutes, another police car pulled up and automatically the other police officer said, "That's not him" and I was sent on my way with a warning of "Slow down".

I wonder, is this racial profiling?

If they were looking for a white guy who matched your description driving a truck...maybe.  If all they had was "white guy in a truck"...yes.

In the first example that's outrageous that you were handcuffed after you presented all your info and after the owners of the business you were delivering to came out.

Wonder how they would have treated you if you said they could NOT search your vehicle?   Smirk
(09-25-2016, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: He showed his ID, they could have easily checked it and his story and sent him on his way but even knowing who he was and what he did for a living they waited until the witness came along to verify it was not the suspect they were looking for.

It doesn't matter what he does for a living.  By his own admission he was on the way to work, he could have done anything on the way.  He did not have an alibi as you wrongfully claim.

Quote:Yeah, I'd be pissed too.

Being pissed is fine, being stupid and writing an assheaded article is not.

Quote:But then I'm white so that won't happen to me.

STFU professional victim, it happens to white people all the time.  It's happened to me before I had my current job.

Quote:How you took an article about how a man was treated just because he was black and made into all officers are racist is beyond me.

Oh, so you didn't read the article then?  By the author's own admission all the officers involved were professional and polite.  No one did or said anything offensive, he's just mad because they didn't immediately take his word that he wasn't the criminal they were looking for.

Quote:But then you have to attack me because I won't follow your orders I guess.  Maybe you're just having a bad day?

Boring.  Nothing in my post "attacked" you.  The author of this piece is a straight up asshole and you're simply fishing for a response.  Like I said, your shtick is boring.  Find a new topic to beat to death so at least we can have a fresh set of arguments.
(09-25-2016, 11:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Boring.  Nothing in my post "attacked" you.

Mellow

(09-25-2016, 11:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It doesn't matter what he does for a living.  By his own admission he was on the way to work, he could have done anything on the way.  He did not have an alibi as you wrongfully claim.

Being pissed is fine, being stupid and writing an assheaded article is not.

STFU professional victim, it happens to white people all the time.  It's happened to me before I had my current job.

Oh, so you didn't read the article then?  By the author's own admission all the officers involved were professional and polite.  No one did or said anything offensive, he's just mad because they didn't immediately take his word that he wasn't the criminal they were looking for.

Boring.  Nothing in my post "attacked" you.  The author of this piece is a straight up asshole and you're simply fishing for a response.  Like I said, your shtick is boring.  Find a new topic to beat to death so at least we can have a fresh set of arguments.

Like I said, one man's experience is being completely blown off because...black guy was angry?

He reported fairly and, as you say, didn't even say the police did anything to him other than hold him for 45 minutes because he was black with a knit cap on.

But you cannot ignore his experience or those of many, many others just because this time he walked away unscathed physically.

Well, you CAN...but it does nothing to forward the conversation about race and america.  Hope you have a good day.
(09-26-2016, 08:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow 

The actual post you quoted.  I absolutely attacked your baseless assertion in my second post.  Do you get some kind of thrill blatantly lying on the internet?

Quote:Like I said, one man's experience is being completely blown off because...black guy was angry?

Blown off?  No, rejected as over the top, yes.  Again, by the man's own admission the police were professional and polite.  

Quote:He reported fairly and, as you say, didn't even say the police did anything to him other than hold him for 45 minutes because he was black with a knit cap on.

Yet, he wants to spit in the officer's faces.  That sounds like a fair reaction to you?

Quote:But you cannot ignore his experience or those of many, many others just because this time he walked away unscathed physically.

Well, you CAN...but it does nothing to forward the conversation about race and america.  Hope you have a good day.

Inane point.  What if someone posted a story about how the were mugged by and they now hate and fear said ethnicity?  Would your response be that we must respect that person's experience?  Of course not, which invalidates the entire "point" you're trying to make.  Your perception may be your reality but it doesn't make it reasonable or worth listening to.  Thank you.
I can't believe after telling them twice that he was innocent, they continued to detain him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-26-2016, 12:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can't believe after telling them twice that he was innocent, they continued to detain him.

He also provided two ID's...one of which was his job.

But hey, black guy with knit cap.  Just because he's a professor doesn't mean he can't be a hardened criminal on his lunch break.  Mellow
(09-26-2016, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: He also provided two ID's...one of which was his job.

But hey, black guy with knit cap.  Just because he's a professor doesn't mean he can't be a hardened criminal on his lunch break.  Mellow

I mean to be fair Ted Kaczynski was a genius who graduated from Harvard and was a professor.....profession doesn't mean you aren't a nut job.
(09-26-2016, 12:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: I mean to be fair Ted Kaczynski was a genius who graduated from Harvard and was a professor.....profession doesn't mean you aren't a nut job.

That's fair.  Still I respect him for writing about his experience and how his life and the lives of the people like him formed his reactions.
(09-26-2016, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: He also provided two ID's...one of which was his job.

I don't get what showing your ID has to do with anything.  I'm not saying it doesn't blow to be detained by the cops, but I'm guessing it happens fairly regularly to people of all races.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
This guy is a total dumb ass.

If we let every person accused of a crime decide if he is going to be arrested then jails will be empty. Just because he had a college ID does not mean he could never commit a crime. And how the hell would they know who made his knot hat for him. He had no alibi. The Police did nothing wrong in this case.
(09-26-2016, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: But hey, black guy with knit cap. 

What if a black guy in a knit cap stole your stuff and when the police stopped him they let him go just because he said he didn't do it?

College ID means nothing.
(09-26-2016, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This guy is a total dumb ass.

If we let every person accused of a crime decide if he is going to be arrested then jails will be empty.  Just because he had a college ID does not mean he could never commit a crime.  And how the hell would they know who made his knot hat for him.  He had no alibi.  The Police did nothing wrong in this case.

(09-26-2016, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What if a black guy in a knit cap stole your stuff and when the police stopped him they let him go just because he said he didn't do it?

College ID means nothing.

Nothing means anything when you fit the description.
(09-26-2016, 12:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nothing means anything when you fit the description.

What does this even mean?

When you fit the description your are subject to being investigated by police.  If the description had been "white guy in knit hat" then the police would have stopped and investigated any white guy in a knit hat.

The idea that crime victims should not be able to identify and prosecute perpetrators is completely insane.
(09-26-2016, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does this even mean?

When you fit the description your are subject to being investigated by police.  If the description had been "white guy in knit hat" then the police would have stopped and investigated any white guy in a knit hat.

The idea that crime victims should not be able to identify and prosecute perpetrators is completely insane.

Yep.  That's exactly what I meant.  Witnesses shouldn't be able to identify the accused.  Yes indeed. Mellow

Just tired of people ignoring other people's life experiences. The responses here just show it more and more.

Doesn't have to be the police did anything wrong. Doesn't have to be they could have done anything different. One guy wrote about his very personal experience and how he affected his thought process.

I guess it doesn't matter since he did everything right and lived.
(09-26-2016, 01:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess it doesn't matter since he did everything right and lived.

He admitted that he was going to resist arrest instead of go with the police.  That was a very bad decision and a huge mistake

So basically he made the wrong decision.  It was just lucky for him that the police let him go before he did something extremely stupid.

Hard for me to praise someone so ignorant.
(09-26-2016, 01:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just tired of people ignoring other people's life experiences.  The responses here just show it more and more.

I'm just tired of people who ignore points that refute their arguments and twist others.  I'll reiterate a point that you, predictably, ignored. What if someone wrote about how they were mugged by and now they harbor racist feelings against said ethnic group.  By your inane mode of though we'd have to respect their "story" and not criticize it at all.
(09-26-2016, 01:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm just tired of people who ignore points that refute their arguments and twist others.  I'll reiterate a point that you, predictably, ignored. What if someone wrote about how they were mugged by and now they harbor racist feelings against said ethnic group.  By your inane mode of though we'd have to respect their "story" and not criticize it at all.

I'd be interested to see how your life experiences led you to such a conclusion and wonder what we could do to talk about and change it.

All without name calling.  Smirk
(09-25-2016, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: How you took an article about how a man was treated just because he was black 

Who should the police stop and investigate when the description of the perp is "black male"?
What was the deal with the whole "this is a one of kind hat" thing? As if officers should see it and realize, "This isn't are guy, that's a one of kind knit hat, clearly made by someone for him". Are we saying that officers need to be so aware that they need to able to correctly identify a subject based upon the uniqueness of his hat?

The description was a back guy in a jacket and a knit hat. Unfortunately for him, he was a black guy in a knit hat. Perhaps he should be more upset with the other guy, who wore similar clothing, that actually committed said crime?

I mean, really what would you have them do? "Oh, you didn't do it? Your friend made you that hat and there's no other like it? Ok, see you later!" I sincerely doubt they had specific details about the intricacies of the suspect's hat, beyond type and/or color?

And by the way, the disdain pouring through the quote (paraphrased) "I'm not going to have a white woman come down and identify me. I'm sorry, but it seems rather hypocritical to complain about being stopped because you were black, even though you fit the description, and then in your public rant, resort to profiling the witness. Oh, she was white? Yeah, you can't trust her. Now let me get back to my point about how bad it is to profile people based on skin color... I mean, what the actual ****?

Banannaland.