Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I gotta say it - I wanted to see Mike Brown get a SB win
I know he's taken a lot of flack over the years, but he really opened the checkbook up over the past 2 offseasons and spent to try to bring a winner home. That's basically all I wanted.

The team seems for whatever reason to be operating like other franchises now in most practices.

And it was more than spending. They took chances on some of these signings like Hendrickson. Analytics were kind of mixed on if he'd be a great pass rusher in the future, or if he just had a 1 year wonder season. I could name player after player like this.

They took Chase over Sewell which made our offense explosive. Without Chase, I think we may have won 5-7 games. It felt like they made A LOT of the right moves...and I would have loved to see them rewarded for this with a Lombardi.

The coaches have been much-maligned too. And it would have been great to see them win. Something seems to have clicked with Lou around the 1st Baltimore game. They played a defense against Lamar that I saw analysts saying they've never saw before. And it worked.

Against KC, he rushed 3 and dropped max coverage and it worked! Very encouraging.

On offense, I felt less large revelation situations. Our offense would struggle for a half, then come out and play well in the 2nd half...so they made adjustments. Then towards the end of the year, they'd hit way more explosive plays.

Let's hope that the font office and coaches can continue to grow and bring home multiple Lombardi's!

While the loss stings, the beauty of the season is we aren't a complete football team. So there's room to improve. That should scare the rest of the NFL!
Reply/Quote