Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I gotta say
I'm enjoying watching Tennessee. Old school football, defense and running the ball.
Reply/Quote
Me too

Plus I enjoyed watching the Ravens lose
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Probably jumping the gun a bit here, but... Was Lamar Jackson just exposed?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:21 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm enjoying watching Tennessee. Old school football, defense and running the ball.

A big reason I’m a Wisconsin Badgers fan. My brand of football. They just beat the Patriots and now the Ravens. It may not be super exciting for most to watch but I dig it. I also prefer pitching duels to 12-10 games.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 02:10 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Probably jumping the gun a bit here, but... Was Lamar Jackson just exposed?

People said the exact same thing last year in the playoff game against SD. The answer is no. He turned the ball over too much but the Ravens had no answer for Henry. Tennessee ran the ball, controlled the clock, and played good defense, but Lamar will still be a top QB next year. Guaranteed.

Reply/Quote
Derrick Henry is a monster and the Titans used him brilliantly. They scored one TD by making it look like he was going to run it in and then he jump-dinked a pass to somebody just over the line. Then, they faked like they were going to sweep him and instead the QB sneaked it through. Of course, there was his 61 yard run which really punctured the Raven's balloon. There is a chance they could lose today, but if the Titans go to Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs next week it would be one of the great football victories of all time. A sixth-seed beating 1, 2, and 3? Wow.
Reply/Quote
That was a great game to watch. The real difference in the game to me was how the Titans dominated the trenches on both sides of the ball. They had Jackson frustrated big time, and their OL opened holes for Henry to run through. When that dude gets going hes like a runaway truck. They played a clean game and won the trenches.
Reply/Quote
Titans have morphed into a hard-nosed physical team that is well coached on both sides of the ball. Vrabel has clearly taken notes from his former boss up in New England, and is looking like he is the real deal for a head coach.

Also as good as Tannehill has been in not making mistakes, imagine if they can get a better QB there with Henry.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I liked watching Vrabel out Bielichick Bielichick last week when he took all the time off the clock with the delay of games and the false start. It was funny watching Bielichick complain to the official for the same trick he used earlier in the season.

I was thinking the Bengals could use an OC like the Titans, also.
Reply/Quote
Glad they put it on the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Actually the Titans game plan had some similarities with how the Chargers handled Jackson last year. In both cases they played to defang his running threat and make him stand back there and beat them through the air. The difference was in the HOW of their approach. Both generally stayed disciplined in their pass rush (a big problem getting today's NFL players to do and the main reason Jackson can succeed) and stayed in their lanes generally. The Titans new piece was scheming to force his scrambling to the lateral, which meant the only times his scrambling made big plays were a couple of times their tackling discipline broke down.
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to Titans Chiefs. This might abad matchup for the chiefs. Titans definitely equipped to keep the ball. They'll need to score TDs though. Long FG drives aren't going to cut it.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote