Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I guess the front office is blind to the reat of the North
you know whats most discouraging about the Bengals state of affairs?
this franchise has a golden oppurtunity to close the gap on the rest of the North and I see no mindset to take advantage.

The Ravens are going to lose Mosely and Suggs soon.
argubally their 2 best players on defense.
defense has been a identity in Bmore for so long so.
they are gambling on a QB gettting better with his downfield reads.
is this a playoff team in 2019....probally not

the Steelers losses are well documented.
AB gone..Jesse James gone. Tomlin on the hot seat to win.

the Browns are in attack mode..they want to win the North now.

and how to the.Bengals respond.?
not even attempting to look at Mosely.
serious upgrade at LB while you weaken a rival.
the Bengals are in their own world of being scared to seize the moment.
for once act like you want to claim the North today and not
3 years from now.
Reply/Quote
The window on Dalton/Green era is basically closed. We are about 3-4 years away from being a playoff contender again ....... And that's being extremely optimistic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didnt the Browns just give Greg Robinson a 1 year 7mil contract to be their left tackle?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:56 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The window on Dalton/Green era is basically closed. We are about 3-4 years away from being a playoff contender again ....... And that's being extremely optimistic.

Nailed it. And only if we have a good string of drafts and some good fortune.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:58 AM)Synric Wrote: Didnt the Browns just give Greg Robinson a 1 year 7mil contract to be their left tackle?

Yep. But he plays a much more valuable position 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
The Browns had a Top 5 OL last year. The Bengals had a bottom 5 line.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:56 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The window on Dalton/Green era is basically closed. We are about 3-4 years away from being a playoff contender again ....... And that's being extremely optimistic.

I wouldn't say closed. If they would have been committed to giving it a final chance. Rounding 3rd and heading for home for sure.

If you mean it now appears to be closing quick I'd agree. The plan now must be building for the future ?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:56 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The window on Dalton/Green era is basically closed. We are about 3-4 years away from being a playoff contender again ....... And that's being extremely optimistic.

exactly right

re-signing Hart not a promising start to the re-build
Reply/Quote
The Bengals aren't competing in the AFCN anytime soon.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This franchise is not committed to winning or even being respectable.

It won't be until Mike Brown dies, at the earliest, and even then it still may not be if Katie is cut from her old man's cloth.

I was energized by the dismissal of Lewis and I liked the Zac Taylor hire on its face, but his staff hires and these FA moves just remind me that nothing really changes here.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:51 AM)impactplaya Wrote: you know whats most discouraging about the Bengals state of affairs?
this franchise has a golden oppurtunity to close the gap on the rest of the North and I see no mindset to take advantage.

The Ravens are going to lose Mosely and Suggs soon.
argubally their 2 best players on defense.
defense has been a identity in Bmore for so long so.
they are gambling on a QB gettting better with his downfield reads.
is this a playoff team in 2019....probally not

the Steelers losses are well documented.
AB gone..Jesse James gone. Tomlin on the hot seat to win.

the Browns are in attack mode..they want to win the North now.

and how to the.Bengals respond.?
not even attempting to look at Mosely.
serious upgrade at LB while you weaken a rival.
the Bengals are in their own world of being scared to seize the moment.
for once act like you want to claim the North today and not
3 years from now.

we weren't gonna give mosley 51 mil gaurenteed.

we could have been bidding for his services and the jets have deeper pockets.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we weren't gonna give mosley 51 mil gaurenteed.

we could have been bidding for his services and the jets have deeper pockets.

of course not. my point being this front office isnt even trying to upgrade positions of weakness. 
you get outbid you get outbid it happens.
but sitting on your hands while John Dorsey is signing Sheldon Richardson is disturbing
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:11 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This franchise is not committed to winning or even being respectable.

It won't be until Mike Brown dies, at the earliest, and even then it still may not be if Katie is cut from her old man's cloth.

I was energized by the dismissal of Lewis and I liked the Zac Taylor hire on its face, but his staff hires and these FA moves just remind me that nothing really changes here.

this team aint shit until the browns sell completely and that probably means a relocation.  
Reply/Quote
Browns will own the division they actually care about spending money and winning.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:04 PM)Trademark Wrote: Browns will own the division they actually care about spending money and winning.

The team that hasn't had a winning season in 12 years cares about winning? Yeah ok...

The inevitable failure of the Browns to meet preseason expectations is one of the non-Bengals storylines I'm most looking forward to for next season.

The Bengals of the 90s didn't even string together 12 straight losing seasons!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: The team that hasn't had a winning season in 12 years cares about winning? Yeah ok...

The inevitable failure of the Browns to meet preseason expectations is one of the non-Bengals storylines I'm most looking forward to for next season.

They are making much more of an effort to win than we are lately.....Can you deny that?
Reply/Quote
Prepare your buttholes because this team is going into a full rebuild with at least 5 years of top 10 picks. We have aging stars and too many missed draft picks.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:48 PM)HuDey Wrote: They are making much more of an effort to win than we are lately.....Can you deny that?

That's what people do...they compare us to the worst of the worst to prove we're trying to win.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:48 PM)HuDey Wrote: They are making much more of an effort to win than we are lately.....Can you deny that?

I'll deny that.

Both teams are making the same effort.  They just have different strategies.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: The team that hasn't had a winning season in 12 years cares about winning? Yeah ok...

While Ravens and Steelers fans are annoying, there isn't anything worse than a Browns fan when the Browns are winning. Insufferable!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote