Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had Bengals 5 and 3 at the BYE & beating either Pitt or KC could mean 6 & 2 at BYE
Before the Steeler game, I was just hopeful of a SPLIT (going 1 and 1) in the next two games by beating either Pittsburgh or the Chiefs.

Then beating the Bucs at home.

Losing two straight to the Steelers & Chiefs plus a win against the Bucs, puts the Bengals at 5 and 3 at the BYE.
(a 10 and 6 pace)

Getting that SPLIT (now a loss to Pitt & needing a win versus Chiefs) & beating the Bucs would have the Bengals 6 and 2 at the BYE.

No chance we beat the Chiefs with the 2017 Bengals offense, however, the 2018 offense has the ability to keep within a score late into the 4th quarter.

That is the Chance I want.

Another late 4th quarter opportunity to win.

It fell our way late versus the Falcons, then tipped in the Steelers direction two weeks later.

The Chiefs just laid it all out on the field and barely lost to the Patriots. A highly emotional game.

Now Chiefs players will be told via Media & fan opinion how easy their next win will be versus the Bengals but it could be a Trap game for them.

If the Bengal Offense can stay a possession BEHIND the Chiefs into mid 4th quarter, then we get our Shot.
Keep it close enough to steal.
6 and 2 at the BYE remains possible. (A 12 and 4 pace)

No need to mourn this Bengal team yet.

Key players like Dalton, Green & Geno are HEALTHY and that has more importance than teetering out a win in October against the Steelers.

This team is still in the THICK of this thing.

The Chiefs will have their hands full while expecting a Cake walk... 
Reply/Quote
But didn't you hear? The world ended yesterday and the Bengals will never win another game against anybody.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:24 PM)McC Wrote: But didn't you hear?  The world ended yesterday and the Bengals will never win another game against anybody.

OK...

4 and 4 at the BYE and 4 and 12 by year end. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: Before the Steeler game, I was just hopeful of a SPLIT (going 1 and 1) in the next two games by beating either Pittsburgh or the Chiefs.

Then beating the Bucs at home.

Losing two straight to the Steelers & Chiefs plus a win against the Bucs, puts the Bengals at 5 and 3 at the BYE.
(a 10 and 6 pace)

Getting that SPLIT (now a loss to Pitt & needing a win versus Chiefs) & beating the Bucs would have the Bengals 6 and 2 at the BYE.

No chance we beat the Chiefs with the 2017 Bengals offense, however, the 2018 offense has the ability to keep within a score late into the 4th quarter.

That is the Chance I want.

Another late 4th quarter opportunity to win.

It fell our way late versus the Falcons, then tipped in the Steelers direction two weeks later.

The Chiefs just laid it all out on the field and barely lost to the Patriots. A highly emotional game.

Now Chiefs players will be told via Media & fan opinion how easy their next win will be versus the Bengals but it could be a Trap game for them.

If the Bengal Offense can stay a possession BEHIND the Chiefs into mid 4th quarter, then we get our Shot.
Keep it close enough to steal.
6 and 2 at the BYE remains possible. (A 12 and 4 pace)

No need to mourn this Bengal team yet.

Key players like Dalton, Green & Geno are HEALTHY and that has more importance than teetering out a win in October against the Steelers.

This team is still in the THICK of this thing.

The Chiefs will have their hands full while expecting a Cake walk... 

I didn't even have them at 4-4 at the bye going into the season.....so I'm pumped. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: I didn't even have them at 4-4 at the bye going into the season.....so I'm pumped. LMAO

O-line isn't a complete disaster, although I hope the Front Office will strive next offseason to get it to a Steeler O-line level.

Key players are Healthy at 4 and 2 & still clinging onto first place in our Brutal division.

This team has Playoff potential and we may get another bite at the Playoff win monster.

Exceeding expectations so far, IMO.

Steelers still own us as of October (head to head) but get another bite at them later.

Beats 2016 & 2017 by a mile but want more of course.
Reply/Quote
I'm not optimistic about the Chiefs game, but this team has the offensive firepower to hang with just about anyone. I think the Chiefs are one of those teams they won't be able to hang with. I do, however, think that they can whip the Bucs to go into the bye looking pretty. They are still right in it.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm not optimistic about the Chiefs game, but this team has the offensive firepower to hang with just about anyone. I think the Chiefs are one of those teams they won't be able to hang with. I do, however, think that they can whip the Bucs to go into the bye looking pretty. They are still right in it.

It will definitely be an Uphill battle to beat the Chiefs.

I'm hoping the Bengals can keep it within one or two possessions, Chiefs get over confident as they lead most of the game, then the Bengals sneak in at the end to make it a nail biter that could flip either way.

I give the Bengals a 30% chance by the Chiefs dismissing Andy as "no Tom Brady" who they just faced, yet Andy has been pretty Clutch this year.

They underestimate the Bengals, lead most of the way and then the Bengals sneak in to make it tight at the end.

That's my formula and hope.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: O-line isn't a complete disaster, although I hope the Front Office will strive next offseason to get it to a Steeler O-line level.

Key players are Healthy at 4 and 2 & still clinging onto first place in our Brutal division.

This team has Playoff potential and we may get another bite at the Playoff win monster.

Exceeding expectations so far, IMO.

Steelers still own us as of October (head to head) but get another bite at them later.

Beats 2016 & 2017 by a mile but want more of course.

Exactly my outlook on this.  I've been enjoying the ride, because when I looked at the schedule going in, I would have never thought we'd be 4-2 right now, let alone in the lead for the division.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
My money is on 5-3 being likely still (if the morale isn't too sunk after the Pitt and KC game).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The Steelers loss hurts because we opened the door for the division.

Had the D made that final stand we would be standing at 5-1 and the Steelers 2-4-1. You look at that gap vs what we have now and its a vast difference. The team is really gonna feel the pressure now and I’m afraid it will show in a blowout loss to KC. Hopefully they can sneak a W against a hit/miss TB team and regroup over the bye.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:14 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: The Steelers loss hurts because we opened the door for the division.

Had the D made that final stand we would be standing at 5-1 and the Steelers 2-4-1. You look at that gap vs what we have now and its a vast difference. The team is really gonna feel the pressure now and I’m afraid it will show in a blowout loss to KC. Hopefully they can sneak a W against a hit/miss TB team and regroup over the bye.

It is a Huge difference.

The Steelers would have went into their BYE week with negative Drama, under .500 and 2 losses & a tie within the Division.

Instead, they got to Strut off the Bengal's field yet again.

Now it is a 3 team race, the Ravens Defense is breaking records held by the old Ray Lewis defenses, we play the Chiefs next and the Steelers are regaining form with Le'veon Bell coming back at some point.

The Top two teams in our Division likely make the Playoffs and the 3rd place team is likely out.

Golden opportunity lost.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 10:27 AM)depthchart Wrote: It is a Huge difference.

The Steelers would have went into their BYE week with negative Drama, under .500 and 2 losses & a tie within the Division.

Instead, they got to Strut off the Bengal's field yet again.

Now it is a 3 team race, the Ravens Defense is breaking records held by the old Ray Lewis defenses, we play the Chiefs next and the Steelers are regaining form with Le'veon Bell coming back at some point.

The Top two teams in our Division likely make the Playoffs and the 3rd place team is likely out.

Golden opportunity lost.

Yea Steelers and Ravens will be there at the end of the season for sure.
Our hope is possibly 3 AFCN teams making the playoffs, with us sneaking in that final wildcard spot. I just don’t see us finishing at the top week 17 when we finish at the Steelers.
Reply/Quote