Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had a dream.
No dreams ever of Bengals, did day dream we'll win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 09:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: wait you dreamed the cowboys were in the superbowl?

I know, weird.  I also had a dream that the Vikings were playing the Bengals in the Super Bowl before the season in 2005.  So, clearly, I don't have some strange gift.  

My truck was struck by lightening WHILE I WAS DRIVING IT about a month ago, so who knows now.   Cool  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know, weird.  I also had a dream that the Vikings were playing the Bengals in the Super Bowl before the season in 2005.  So, clearly, I don't have some strange gift.  

My truck was struck by lightening WHILE I WAS DRIVING IT about a month ago, so who knows now.   Cool  

Gifted.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 09:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So your saying there is no chance Jennifer Anniston and I are going to hook up?   Damn.....

But one can always dream lol
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 09:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So your saying there is no chance Jennifer Anniston and I are going to hook up?   Damn.....

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14006408]

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 12:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gifted.

Sure hasn't felt like it lately, but I try to live my life with an attitude of gratitude.  Sounds cheesy, but it is true.  I know many people of the world would die to have my problems.  Still, the lightening bolt hit directly over my head.  I'm more than a little puzzled by the whole thing.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 09:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sure hasn't felt like it lately, but I try to live my life with an attitude of gratitude.  Sounds cheesy, but it is true.  I know many people of the world would die to have my problems.  Still, the lightening bolt hit directly over my head.  I'm more than a little puzzled by the whole thing.  

Way to be. Hey I have had lightning bolts land right next to me, blinded me and a couple other dudes I was hanging with including my Dad. The haze cleared and I looked over and my Dad was running around a hill, like he could outrun the lightning LMAO!!!

One of the funniest things I have ever saw in my lifetime! Hilarious

Running from lightning, not smart ole Pappy...

You know, lightning never strikes the same place twice as they say. Just might run into another bolt. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Way to be. Hey I have had lightning bolts land right next to me, blinded me and a couple other dudes I was hanging with including my Dad. The haze cleared and I looked over and my Dad was running around a hill, like he could outrun the lightning LMAO!!!

You know, lightning never strikes the same place twice as they say. Just might run into another bolt. Smirk

I wouldn’t say lightning never strikes the same place twice for 2 reasons. First, it can’t be proven. Second, I’ve heard of things being struck more than once by lightning like say a transformer, a building or a person.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Way to be. Hey I have had lightning bolts land right next to me, blinded me and a couple other dudes I was hanging with including my Dad. The haze cleared and I looked over and my Dad was running around a hill, like he could outrun the lightning LMAO!!!

Hilarious.  Your dad may not have been able to outrun it, but it was probably the fastest he has ever run!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 04:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wouldn’t say lightning never strikes the same place twice for 2 reasons. First, it can’t be proven. Second, I’ve heard of things being struck more than once by lightning like say a transformer, a building or a person.

Yeah, and regardless, I don't think I could ever duplicate the EXACT spot on the highway, driving 60 MPH.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 04:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wouldn’t say lightning never strikes the same place twice for 2 reasons. First, it can’t be proven. Second, I’ve heard of things being struck more than once by lightning like say a transformer, a building or a person.

True, plus it usually finds the highest point to hit. So that may be a myth that needs busting.

Still I think if it hits right next to me I think it is safer to stay right where you are at or get close to some rubber. Mellow

(08-08-2022, 08:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hilarious.  Your dad may not have been able to outrun it, but it was probably the fastest he has ever run!

It was the fastest I have ever seen him run in his older age lol

(08-08-2022, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, and regardless, I don't think I could ever duplicate the EXACT spot on the highway, driving 60 MPH.  

Yep, doubt you are lightning boy like the dude in The Passion who kept getting hit while filming the movie like Mel was talkin'.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: get close to some rubber. Mellow

Run into a ***** house. Problem solved.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know, weird.  I also had a dream that the Vikings were playing the Bengals in the Super Bowl before the season in 2005.  So, clearly, I don't have some strange gift.  

God's way of saying, "you shouldn't drive a Dodge"........ Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 11:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: God's way of saying, "you shouldn't drive a Dodge"........ Cool

It's interesting.  I have had a few friends tease me about driving a Dodge, but Ram is actually the brand now.  They have their own division.

Logistics aside, I grew up a GM brat, because Dad was an executive there.  We always had GM cars, and I was very loyal because they put bread on the table.  As I got older, I had company cars that were largely just blah cars.  Base Taurus.  Base Ford Freestar Minivan. Etc.  Then, I was able to start buying my own vehicles on a car allowance.

One company paid for our gas, but still gave us .55 cents a mile.  I bought the most efficient car I could find, A Chevy Cruise Eco.  Small turbo with a 6 speed manual.  Pretty fun, and got 50 MPG at 75 MPH all day.  Banked a lot of coin those couple years.  

Then, I later bought a truck.  They hold their value so well, and I could turn them every couple years and not lost much money and never be out of at least powertrain warranty.

A few years back, the Silverado's I had been buying didn't have the crazy 20% discount I had been getting so I looked at other makes.  I ended up with the Ram.  I  have had it three years, never had a single mechanical problem (I still bought an extended warranty because I don't like surprises), and it is an AMAZING vehicle.  I know now why it almost always wins those awards from Motor Trend and Car & Driver.

Fast, with 400 HP from a 350CI Hemi V8.  Sucks gas, but my gas is covered (MASSIVE benefit these days).  The quietest, smoothest trip car ever.  The second row of seats is bigger than the second row of a Suburban.  There are water tight coolers in the floor of the second row.  I am reminded what an amazing vehicle it is every time I get in the lame-ass rental car.  Ugh.  

I love it so much, I decided to just keep this one.  When it reaches 100k, I will retire it as my work vehicle and just keep it for running landscaping stuff to the pool I take care of and road trips.  I liked my Silverado, but this Ram is flat out amazing.  To be fair, I didn't buy the most recent Silverado.  But wow.  I can't get over how that truck runs, drives, etc.  Also has the best sound system I have ever heard in a vehicle.  Something like 12 speakers.  Incredible.

I also love that all four windows in the doors (which are massive) go all the way down, the sunroof is HUGE and even covers the back seat, and there is a power back window.  When I open all those up, it feels like my old jeep.  

I know you didn't insult my Ram, and I didn't mean for this to be a commercial, but it is a flat out incredible vehicle.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2022, 08:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Run into a ***** house. Problem solved.

When there is a house around lol
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 07:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No doubt, night before last I had a dream the Bengals were in the SB playing 49ers. As I watched, I was thinking to myself, “this isn’t as exciting as I hoped. How did I miss every game this season leading up to this?” Felt like my excitement was lacking because I found out by turning on the TV. Almost like I had been in a coma for several months or something.

When I turned on the TV, there was about 3 minutes left in the first half and we were trailing 35-0. Then the 49ers scored again on the next play and I thought, “man, we have to get 7 before the half. Then, the alarm went off. That dream felt real and kind of woke up sad. I don’t want to lose a 4th SB and definitely not 2 in a row.

If we go to the SB this year and our opponent is SF? Not only will I be anxiety sick, but I’ll have 2 weeks to try and figure out how to change the outcome. But wait.. I really don’t know the outcome do I? Coming back from 42 would be near impossible with 32 minutes left. I would still have faith we could pull it out tho. Geez, our D would have to become insane monsters.

I dreamed you and Fred were there standing on the 50 yardline making out until Burrow came up and kicked you both in the ass and told you to get off the field..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: I dreamed you and Fred were there standing on the 50 yardline making out until Burrow came up and kicked you both in the ass and told you to get off the field..  Cool

Damn. Good insult. LOL

Reply/Quote