Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate Facebook
So, I usually just log in to FB just to see if the kids sent me something and do about a 3 minute browse of Army friends and what they are up to. I get pretty annoyed at all the political crap and the “99% of people can’t find this” crap because well, it’s grade school. Another thing I dislike is what I’m about to post below. When you’re reading the list and you realize you have achieved 17 of the20 things listed and the bottom says “share if you got more than $30 bucks?” Damn, make me feel like a super villain why don’t you? On the bright side, it took me 51 yrs to achieve such villianess, that resume didn’t happen over night. LMAO

[Image: 44396211_1901255023289242_40592853937432...e=5C4A6F65]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can’t believe the number of people who will do things because Facebook told them to. I remember people were stunned when I said I was in no way going to dump ice water over my head. Adults were saying well you have to or give money.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 09:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can’t believe the number of people who will do things because Facebook told them to. I remember people were stunned when I said I was in no way going to dump ice water over my head.  Adults were saying well you have to or give money.

No doubt, check this out. When the ice bucket challenge came out, I worked at a dry ice factory. We had people try and buy it for that. Of course we wouldn't sell it. I was like, WTF? So, one day I came in and the plant manager told me he had to write someone up and suspend them for doing the ice bucket challenge and posting it on FB. What a goof.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 09:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No doubt, check this out. When the ice bucket challenge came out, I worked at a dry ice factory. We had people try and buy it for that. Of course we wouldn't sell it. I was like, WTF? So, one day I came in and the plant manager told me he had to write someone up and suspend them for doing the ice bucket challenge and posting it on FB. What a goof.

Oh wow. Shoulda sold em some.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 09:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: No doubt, check this out. When the ice bucket challenge came out, I worked at a dry ice factory. We had people try and buy it for that. Of course we wouldn't sell it. I was like, WTF? So, one day I came in and the plant manager told me he had to write someone up and suspend them for doing the ice bucket challenge and posting it on FB. What a goof.

Oh wow. Shoulda sold em some.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 11:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, I usually just log in to FB just to see if the kids sent me something and do about a 3 minute browse of Army friends and what they are up to. I get pretty annoyed at all the political crap and the “99% of people can’t find this” crap because well, it’s grade school. Another thing I dislike is what I’m about to post below. When you’re reading the list and you realize you have achieved 17 of the20 things listed and the bottom says “share if you got more than $30 bucks?” Damn, make me feel like a super villain why don’t you? On the bright side, it took me 51 yrs to achieve such villianess, that resume didn’t happen over night. LMAO

I scored really high on this test

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 09:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh wow.  Shoulda sold em some.

(10-21-2018, 09:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh wow.  Shoulda sold em some.

Stop stuttering, your drunk!  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
I think there should be some difference between "popped pills" and "played ding dong ditch" (which I had never heard called by that name)
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 04:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think there should be some difference between "popped pills" and "played ding dong ditch" (which I had never heard called by that name)

LOL, We didn't either. But, it's PC.

Reply/Quote
Is that $10 for everytime you smoked weed?? LoL
Reply/Quote
I ditched FB a long time ago when I realized it was nothing but a nonstop attention seeking drama fest. I never looked back and don't miss it one bit. The people I really care about in life, friends and family, do just fine keeping in touch without FB. That said, if someone is going to make some click bait FB survey crap and try to make it viral they should at least proofread.

#16 Gotten a ticked.

WTF is that? Does it mean I was hiking in the woods and got a tick? Does it mean I've been ticked off? Yes I know it means ticket.

By the way, I scored 11 out of 20. But looking back that is nothing to be proud of.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
$150 for me
Reply/Quote
$30 per, right? If I had Facebook I’d have to share every day for eternity.
Reply/Quote
I have never been into social media,regular phones garner enough info if wondering about someone.
Not interested in divulging lunch info,vacation plans,etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 11:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, I usually just log in to FB just to see if the kids sent me something and do about a 3 minute browse of Army friends and what they are up to. I get pretty annoyed at all the political crap and the “99% of people can’t find this” crap because well, it’s grade school. Another thing I dislike is what I’m about to post below. When you’re reading the list and you realize you have achieved 17 of the20 things listed and the bottom says “share if you got more than $30 bucks?” Damn, make me feel like a super villain why don’t you? On the bright side, it took me 51 yrs to achieve such villianess, that resume didn’t happen over night. LMAO

what is gotten a ticked?
Reply/Quote
I pulled a fire alarm once, but since there was a fire I don't think that counts as $20.

But I wonder how much "Started a fire" would be worth if it was on that list.
Reply/Quote

I want my $160 right now or this just doesn't count..
You're right though Dog.. These youngsters just don't realize how much villainous work is required to reach the level of getting shunned by "polite society".. Going by this list I'm probably worth a lot more than my life insurance policy could ever pay. $1000 if you ever hitch hiked cross country  into the teeth of a blizzard on purpose.  I made it from Dayton to Montana and back in the dead of winter during blizzard conditions.  I'm not claiming that was the smartest thing I ever did, but it ain't the dumbest either.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I pulled a fire alarm once, but since there was a fire I don't think that counts as $20.

But I wonder how much "Started a fire" would be worth if it was on that list.

If anyone else ever attended the old West Carrolton high school , the one built in 1913 the fire alarm system looked like the plumbing of the building. I pulled it more than once before someone finally told me just what it was.. I thought the building was on fire each time it went off.. I was a local hero getting everyone out of class in 8th grade.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Umm I think the first 8 happened in one night...one plus I've never had a felony.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 11:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: $150 for me

Man you all are criminals!

I only scored 50$
Reply/Quote