Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate how safe this guy feels
I just saw this article about Marvin (skimmed through it), and thought his statement was interesting:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lewis-winless-bengals-job-lost-49981720

I mean, I'm pretty sure almost all of us agree that this guy should be on the receiving end of this threat, and not the players lol. Just wanted to see what you think
Reply/Quote
Agree, a bit late for accountability..

Especially when it comes in the form of an empty threat. (everyone knows that Bengals ownership doesn't allow players under contract to be cut)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I find all of this surprising after Guenther wanted to bench guys last season for poor performance and Marvin cut off his balls and said no. On top of that, we kept trotting out a shitty kicker and an even shittier tackle.

Honestly, I just feel this could be the set up for making Dalton the scapegoat and going with McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 06:16 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I find all of this surprising after Guenther wanted to bench guys last season for poor performance and Marvin cut off his balls and said no. On top of that, we kept trotting out a shitty kicker and an even shittier tackle.

Honestly, I just feel this could be the set up for making Dalton the scapegoat and going with McCarron.

Please do not allow Lewis to be the Bengal's HC after this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 06:21 PM)Derrick Wrote: Please do not allow Lewis to be the Bengal's HC after this season.

I hope that will be true, but I feel Marvin might be on the Alexander the Great leash in Cincinnati. Alexander the Great plays the piano for the Brown family and Marvin giggles at all of their shitty jokes. They're as safe as safe can get.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 06:16 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I find all of this surprising after Guenther wanted to bench guys last season for poor performance and Marvin cut off his balls and said no. On top of that, we kept trotting out a shitty kicker and an even shittier tackle.

Right? Maybe Marvin is finally starting to feel the pressure of possibly losing his job. Finally
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 06:24 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I hope that will be true, but I feel Marvin might be on the Alexander the Great leash in Cincinnati. Alexander the Great plays the piano for the Brown family and Marvin giggles at all of their shitty jokes. They're as safe as safe can get.

Cant be. Marvin blowing the big 50th anniversary season has to be chapping mike browns ass. 

The patience is wearing thin. Its just mike browns patience is super human strong. But firing zamp after two weeks shows it is really close to running out.

If we make the playoffs mike will think about keeping marvin. But without a playoff win i think this is it.
Reply/Quote
Lewis is wrong. The next job lost should be his own.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 06:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Cant be. Marvin blowing the big 50th anniversary season has to be chapping mike browns ass. 

The patience is wearing thin. Its just mike browns patience is super human strong. But firing zamp after two weeks shows it is really close to running out.

If we make the playoffs mike will think about keeping marvin. But without a playoff win i think this is it.

I would love for that to be true, but Marvelous Marvin has already been given a much longer leash than deserved. Coupled with the fact that if you get in good with the Brown family you have a job for life and I only see Marvelous Marvin leaving if he wants to. If he tells Mike he wants to stay, I'm sure he'll get an extension.
Reply/Quote
Before this season there was no way in hell I would think Marvin is gone with how loyal Brown is. But with the start of this season and the un-Brown like firing of a coordinator, this has got to be the beginning of the end for Marvin. It has to be right. If this team continues to look as bad as they have more heads are gonna role. Sure it may take a few scape goats along the way (Dalton) maybe Alexander i hope but it's just a matter of time before it's Marvin's. I would say Marvin is just done, feeling the pressure of not winning and looking to retire but would any of you walk away from 4.5 million. I don't know if he will walk away or be fired, I just don't see it going any other way than one of the two.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 06:21 PM)Derrick Wrote: Please do not allow Lewis to be the Bengal's HC after this season.

Yeah...after this core went 0-5 in the playoffs and have one of the most talented Bengals rosters ever 2-3 years ago...they'll get rid of Lewis so the next guy can rebuild.

That's extremely sad.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 05:58 PM)thillan Wrote: I just saw this article about Marvin (skimmed through it), and thought his statement was interesting:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lewis-winless-bengals-job-lost-49981720

I mean, I'm pretty sure almost all of us agree that this guy should be on the receiving end of this threat, and not the players lol. Just wanted to see what you think

I didn't like how he included defense and special teams in his critique. I feel they aren't responsible for the losses. Throwing all in the same pot doesn't really make any sense. I also dislike the whole universal fear is the best motivator concept. If that is so, one has to ask why players weren't that motivated before. Same goes for the concept of shame "you all killed Kenny!". That approach doesn't make much sense to me.

Then he seems to argue how the ball needs to be forced into AJs hands, even when the defense only is waiting for that. 
Somehow, so much Marvin says seems to be such an oversimplification of things, all the time. Maybe that's just what comes across through the media. But I still don't like it.

The unification of Austrian Bengals fans that is me also supports the calls for Marvin Lewis' removal. To state it here is as good a place as any.
Reply/Quote