Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate the thought of planning around drafting a OL in the 1st.
In my opinion, this is a very crucial draft for us. There are a lot of reasons this could be a lost draft for us. We are picking very late. We are late to the game starting evaluations. We have one main position group that is weak, which could lead to us reaching for players. Etc.

If we reach for players based on need, I could see us really blowing this draft. One bad draft can set you back a ways, as we've seen in the past.

IMO, we absolutely have to draft BPA. In round 1 we should be looking at corner, TE, oline, dline primarily. BPA is the way. I really don't want to see us reaching for an offensive lineman that isn't going to be a quality starter at some point. We need to draft someone that can be a difference maker right away or in the near future. IMO, a successful franchise must hit on at least a couple picks every draft or they will start to fall apart.

In order to set ourselves up for BPA, we absolutely need to make some moves in FA. Address the offensive line. Bring back as many players as we can.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 03:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: For what it's worth, I don't think the plan is to have a rookie O-lineman starting for the team this year.

I hope the plan is to have better oline starting, FA or expected rookie.. look what KC did after turning their line over.. they went with FA and rookies and kicked some butt on the line, "Why Not Us"
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 11:18 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: In my opinion, this is a very crucial draft for us. There are a lot of reasons this could be a lost draft for us. We are picking very late. We are late to the game starting evaluations. We have one main position group that is weak, which could lead to us reaching for players. Etc.

If we reach for players based on need, I could see us really blowing this draft. One bad draft can set you back a ways, as we've seen in the past.

IMO, we absolutely have to draft BPA. In round 1 we should be looking at corner, TE, oline, dline primarily. BPA is the way. I really don't want to see us reaching for an offensive lineman that isn't going to be a quality starter at some point. We need to draft someone that can be a difference maker right away or in the near future. IMO, a successful franchise must hit on at least a couple picks every draft or they will start to fall apart.

In order to set ourselves up for BPA, we absolutely need to make some moves in FA. Address the offensive line. Bring back as many players as we can.

One draft does not set you back years, but a 2 or 3 could
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 12:55 PM)phil413 Wrote: Mike Brown is hopefully getting Burrow help in FA.  A plan for Linderbaum or your guy to be there at 31 and start is a failed plan.  I don't trust the team to draft a day one starter.  These are the thoughts of planning on drafting a OL in the 1st.

If they pour the money into the OL with two quality starters and maybe a quality backup to compete with the youth, you'll have other needs.  The plan is to never draft solely on need, but if the money goes to OL they probably have to use a high pick at CB and DT.  If the right player falls so be it but I can't stand these offseason depth charts with a rookie pick listed as a starter.

True, we need proven veterans in front of our young guys so they can develop. Personally after watching Spain in the Playoffs and
the Superbowl I want somebody else at LG, if it is Carman so be it but I think we can add at least 3 good OL and change the entire
look of the OL while developing our younger players. This opens up the Draft for whatever at 31 if we don't trade the pick away for
a proven OL before the Draft which could happen and I would be fine with it.

Whatever it takes to protect Burrow and open up holes in the running game.

We will see how FA goes but I am with you in not wanting any rookies out there come opening day especially at RT.
Reply/Quote