Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I hated final play call
Who not try Tate 1 on 1 in endzone. with ross and boyd on the field he could have gotten single coverage. Let him try to do what he does best with game on the line.
Reply/Quote
On 4th down with the game on the line, I'd rather they just try to get the first down. Take a shot at the end zone once you've got four more possessions.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:18 PM)Big Boss Wrote: On 4th down with the game on the line, I'd rather they just try to get the first down.  Take a shot at the end zone once you've got four more possessions.

Time was an issue though. On a 1st down, you take your timeout and then you have maybe 2 more plays if that.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:18 PM)Big Boss Wrote: On 4th down with the game on the line, I'd rather they just try to get the first down.  Take a shot at the end zone once you've got four more possessions.
we only had 13  seconds at the snap we had 3 plays max. I wished bernard would have gave up a few yards and stop the clock rather than turn it up field prior but I digress. we didnt take 1 shot at the endzone on that final drive.  I thought the pick came on 3rd down.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:17 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote:  Let him try to do what he does best with game on the line.

Getting separation 30 yards downfield is not what Tate does best.  In fact I'd say that is what he does worst.

If we are inside the ten then definitely look for Tate, but not from 30 yards out.
Reply/Quote
I wasn't crazy about the route. I listened to game on the radio.
But if Andy throws a catchable ball could would have
The Bills tackled him right there or did he have enough separation
To catch and run out of bounds ?
Boyd or Ross must have been doubled on that play.
Was Eifert on the field ?
Reply/Quote
If the pass was 6 inches lower he makes that catch.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I wasn't crazy about the route. I listened to game on the radio.
But if Andy throws a catchable ball could would have
The Bills tackled him right there or did he have enough separation
To catch and run out of bounds ?
Boyd or Ross must have been doubled on that play.
Was Eifert on the field ?

had Dalton thrown a catchable ball, the Bills defender was right there. He clearly outjumped the defender so that wouldn't be an issue, but the defender would've tackled him immediately.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the pass was 6 inches lower he makes that catch.

You mean he has a better chance to make the catch.  Bengals receivers drop a lot of balls.  Last year we were 31st in highest percentage of drops.  Despite only playing 11 games last year Dalton was 17th in most yards lost to dropped passes.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean he has a better chance to make the catch.  Bengals receivers drop a lot of balls.  Last year we were 31st in highest percentage of drops.  Despite only playing 11 games last year Dalton was 17th in most yards lost to dropped passes.

It would be interested in seeing wide receiver drops per wide receiver
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote