Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a drinking question
Having been out of the game for a long time, I sometimes wonder things. I never had a microbrew, and I'm curious if I'd like it. What's up with all these "tini" drinks? It's nothing like a martini. Get a different name. Flavored vodka? But the real question I have. The one that keeps me up at night: WHEN DID IT BECOME OK TO SIP YOUR DRINK THROUGH THE STIRRER STRAW?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I used to drink through the stirrer straw. Then I turned 10, realized they were were coffee and stopped.

My drinking now is mostly beer. And it's getting kind of fun trying new ones. I usually drink 3-4 beers a night and I try 2-3 different ones a week. Or I cheat and go to stores like Kroger where you can get six different kinds in one pack.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 09:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: WHEN DID IT BECOME OK TO SIP YOUR DRINK THROUGH THE STIRRER STRAW?

when you buy your coffee at the gas station.... its easier than trying to sip an open cup and drive.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 09:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Having been out of the game for a long time, I sometimes wonder things. I never had a microbrew, and I'm curious if I'd like it. What's up with all these "tini" drinks? It's nothing like a martini. Get a different name. Flavored vodka? But the real question I have. The one that keeps me up at night: WHEN DID IT BECOME OK TO SIP YOUR DRINK THROUGH THE STIRRER STRAW?

The one in bold is the only one I can really comment on. If you like beer and you like a wide variety of different beers, then yes. I like being a bit of a locavore, meaning I like local products to eat and drink. So my local craft/micro breweries treat me right. They can have the same style of beer you are used to drinking just with their own twist.

As for the rest: I am right there with you, martinis are gin and vermouth, stop that shit; I'm not a fan of vodka to begin with, but maybe that it why they add flavor (at least for the cheap ones) so it can taste a little bit less like ass; who the **** does that?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 12:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The one in bold is the only one I can really comment on. If you like beer and you like a wide variety of different beers, then yes. I like being a bit of a locavore, meaning I like local products to eat and drink. So my local craft/micro breweries treat me right. They can have the same style of beer you are used to drinking just with their own twist.

As for the rest: I am right there with you, martinis are gin and vermouth, stop that shit; I'm not a fan of vodka to begin with, but maybe that it why they add flavor (at least for the cheap ones) so it can taste a little bit less like ass; who the **** does that?

flavored vodkas are good for making mixed drinks and mixed shots but generally not for drinking straight... Even something like vinella vodka in OJ is better than reg vodka.

for micro brews. they literally come in all types.. best way to find ones you like are to go to a brewery and get a Flight of beers which is 4 4oz beers that let you sample 4 different beers of your choice.

My favorite are the Hoppy ones like Rhineguest Truth or MadTree PsycHOPothy anti hero IPA... etc. Also tons of good porters out there and other such beers. Its just finding what you like and what you dont like.

I can hardly drink a budweiser anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 12:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: flavored vodkas are good for making mixed drinks and mixed shots but generally not for drinking straight... Even something like vinella vodka in OJ is better than reg vodka.

better =/= good Ninja

(04-06-2016, 12:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: for micro brews. they literally come in all types.. best way to find ones you like are to go to a brewery and get a Flight of beers which is 4 4oz beers that let you sample 4 different beers of your choice.

My favorite are the Hoppy ones like Rhineguest Truth or MadTree PsycHOPothy anti hero IPA... etc. Also tons of good porters out there and other such beers. Its just finding what you like and what you dont like.

I can hardly drink a budweiser anymore.

I can't do the hoppy stuff. My food and drink preferences are where my German-ness really comes out.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 12:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: better =/= good Ninja

I can't do the hoppy stuff. My food and drink preferences are where my German-ness really comes out.
So you take other people's food, crush polish sausage and then sit back while other people make walls through your plate?
Reply/Quote
What are you talking about?  I always sip my drink thru the stirrer straw.  sometimes by the end of the night, I'll bend it over the side of the glass, but usually not before. 

Ya, that's right.  I'm one of THOSE guys.  Wasted
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 12:43 PM)Benton Wrote: So you take other people's food, crush polish sausage and then sit back while other people make walls through your plate?

Hitler was Austrian and the Russians are responsible for the wall. Ninja
Reply/Quote
No knocking flavored vodkas, until you've tried bacon infused vodka.

That is all.
Wink
Reply/Quote
You can have your shitty microbrews. Ill stick to my bud light.

I dont get the fascination with IPAs, etc. They taste like dick and give me a sluggish buzz.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 09:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Having been out of the game for a long time, I sometimes wonder things.  I never had a microbrew, and I'm curious if I'd like it.  What's up with all these "tini" drinks?  It's nothing like a martini.  Get a different name.    Flavored vodka?  But the real question I have.  The one that keeps me up at night:  WHEN DID IT BECOME OK TO SIP YOUR DRINK THROUGH THE STIRRER STRAW?

Since HSV1 affects 80% of the population by age 50 and have you watched them wash the glasses?  You might as well be tongue kissing the stranger who used the glass before you.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 05:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You can have your shitty microbrews. Ill stick to my bud light.

I dont get the fascination with IPAs, etc. They taste like dick and give me a sluggish buzz.

My name is Tiger Teeth and I endorse this post 100%.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 05:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You can have your shitty microbrews. Ill stick to my bud light.

(04-06-2016, 10:26 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: My name is Tiger Teeth and I endorse this post 100%.   ThumbsUp

While I also dislike IPAs, I can't get behind the "beer" that is Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors, etc. It's not that I dislike mass produced beer, there are some big brands I do like. But the big American labels just taste so watery and, well, bad. IPAs may taste like dick, but Bud Light tastes like what comes out of one.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 05:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote:  They taste like dick 

Shhhhh.

You aren't supposed to know this.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 11:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Shhhhh.

You aren't supposed to know this.

And you thought he was asleep.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
Drink as much as possible
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: While I also dislike IPAs, I can't get behind the "beer" that is Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors, etc. It's not that I dislike mass produced beer, there are some big brands I do like. But the big American labels just taste so watery and, well, bad. IPAs may taste like dick, but Bud Light tastes like what comes out of one.

I think thats kind of why I like them though. 

I dont love the taste of beer and im not ashamed to admit that. When I drink, I drink because I want to feel good. 

Let me slam bud lights all day and let me live. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 09:18 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think thats kind of why I like them though. 

I dont love the taste of beer and im not ashamed to admit that. When I drink, I drink because I want to feel good. 

Let me slam bud lights all day and let me live. 

Hey, at least you know what you like. I enjoy the taste of beer. But I also drink my coffee black and when I smoked I smoked strong tobacco. I even smoked cigarettes rolled with black tobacco, the type used for cigars rather than the gold leaf used typically for cigarettes. So those strong flavors are what I like. I don't drink for the buzz, I drink because it's refreshing and I like the flavors.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:15 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Drink as much as possible

Said no liver ever.

Mellow

Seriously, because it's an organ and organs can't talk. This isn't a cartoon.
Reply/Quote