Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a drinking question
(04-06-2016, 05:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You can have your shitty microbrews. Ill stick to my bud light.

I dont get the fascination with IPAs, etc. They taste like dick and give me a sluggish buzz.

IPAs have more flavor. Once you really get into the different kinds and try to go back to something like Bud Light its like drinking water.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 04:55 PM)treee Wrote: IPAs have more flavor. Once you really get into the different kinds and try to go back to something like Bud Light its like drinking water.

The "sluggish buzz" is also more than likely due to the higher alcohol content in most IPA's and many craft beer.  Most lite beers are about 3.2%-3.5% alcohol.  Most IPA's range I think from 4.5%-7.5% and I've seen craft beers as high as 15%.   For me it depends on what kind of drinking I'm doing.  Just got off work and stopping off on the way home after a long day and I usually go with whiskey on the rocks.  All day drinking at the ball game with the boys and I'll stick with lite beer, pace yourself kinda drinking.  Nice evening out for dinner and I'll have a glass of wine with dinner.  I like craft beers, but it's usually if I got nothing to do the next day and I'm having a good time Drunk
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 09:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Having been out of the game for a long time, I sometimes wonder things.  I never had a microbrew, and I'm curious if I'd like it.  What's up with all these "tini" drinks?  It's nothing like a martini.  Get a different name.    Flavored vodka?  But the real question I have.  The one that keeps me up at night:  WHEN DID IT BECOME OK TO SIP YOUR DRINK THROUGH THE STIRRER STRAW?

As to the original question...

it's never been ok to sip your drink through the stirrer straw.  Period.

Unless your a chick and you're hot.  That's about the only exception I can think of.  All right that may have been a bit sexist.  But seriously Their is a cool factor to take into consideration.  

However the guy drinking his milkshake in the movie "Resevoir Dogs" is pretty ***** cool.  So I guess the answer is...milkshake fine...cocktail at the bar, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 04:55 PM)treee Wrote: IPAs have more flavor. Once you really get into the different kinds and try to go back to something like Bud Light its like drinking water.

Not just the IPAs, though. Of course, compared to the Bud/Coors Lights of the world the mineral water in my fridge has more flavor.
Reply/Quote
Sipping from a straw seems a little limp wristed to me unless its a large fountain pop.

As for the IPA’s, Mrs Dog bought a variety 6 pack which I tried. Although I got a buzz much faster, I really didn’t like any of them. In fact, every time before and since I have tried them I didn’t like any of those either. WTS, I’m not afraid of a bitey Beer. I used to love drinking a few dark beers while in Germany (had to be ice cold and not chilled as customary).

Reply/Quote

There are lots of other types of craft beers that have more flavor but are not as bitter as IPAs, but for some reason most people into craft beers concentrate on IPAs.

I like a brown ale e.g. Newcastle, but the last time I went to one of the fancy craft beer spots here they had several IPAs, some heavy Porters/Stouts, but no decent brown ale.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 01:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are lots of other types of craft beers that have more flavor but are not as bitter as IPAs, but for some reason most people into craft beers concentrate on IPAs.

I like a brown ale e.g. Newcastle, but the last time I went to one of the fancy craft beer spots here they had several IPAs, some heavy Porters/Stouts, but no decent brown ale.

Ever try and oatmeal stout?

Everyone gives me hell when I order one, but it's a really nice, smooth beer that usually has a great aftertaste. 
Reply/Quote
I would like to try a brown ale or hell even an ale. I don't think I ever had a true ale.I'm guessing Little Kings don't count.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 05:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You can have your shitty microbrews. Ill stick to my bud light.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 03:35 PM)Benton Wrote: Ever try and oatmeal stout?

Everyone gives me hell when I order one, but it's a really nice, smooth beer that usually has a great aftertaste. 

Whenever I order a dark beer, I always lean towards the oatmeal stouts. I'm not a fan of the bitter IPAs, or harvest wheats or any of that.  but I do like a good smooth stout.  Otherwise, I'm a Busch Light or Bud Light kind of guy. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote