Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a feeling Marvin will be back...
Back in the summer after hearing about the fun he was having with his grandchild and especially after the health scare during training camp, I thought Lewis wouldn't be back as coach for the 2018 season. I still do. I don't think there's any rancor between Marvin and the Bengals, just a mutual agreement it's time to move on. Wouldn't be especially surprising to see him surface as a GM somewhere or maybe even coming back to the Bengals as a front office guy in a few years. No real reason for it, it just seems like his coaching days are over by his own choice.

"he did some good things out there..." sorry, can't help it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 05:40 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: He will not be back. That is his choice though, which is crazy considering he should have been fired 3 or 4 times by now.

Yeah, whether or not Merv wants to come back should be irrelevant. Brown should be like, "Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya, Mervy baby. Thanks for all you've done, you son of a gun, but we're movin' on. YEE HAW!" and then he spits in a spitoon, gets on his rocking horse and rides into the sunset.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 03:45 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Better to have no product than a bad product. It would save the fans and community from grief.

I think you would change your mind on that real quick if they left. And if they do, we won't be getting a replacement team for a long long time....
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 04:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think you would change your mind on that real quick if they left. And if they do, we won't be getting a replacement team for a long long time....

I can live with that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:06 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I can live with that.

I don't understand you Interceptor. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't understand you Interceptor. Mellow

It's not the players or colors I hate, but those in charge. I refuse to support an organization who does not care about winning or the fans. Until Mikey steps down AND they get a lionhearted proven winner of a coach who is given autonomy over his staff and players chosen, the furthest I will go is to cheer for them each game, but refuse to be emotionally attached or spend a penny on this organization. The stench of losing year in and year out is creating a toxic environment.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Looks like I was right
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 04:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember similar talk back in 2010 about Marv looking fed up. We all know how that turned out. 

I think the only thing Marv is fed up with is not having the contract extension he asked for back in January. I don't believe he's suddenly burned out 11 months later. He's just pissed that his future is unsettled. I do think Marv will be done with coaching if it's not in Cincy, but he wants to keep his current job. I'd bet on that. If the Brown family wants him back, he'll be back. If they don't, Marv will roll into the sunset or take a job overseeing operations ala Mike Holmgren with the Browns or The Big Tuna with the Dolphins. 

(12-28-2017, 04:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Those two at least had Super Bowl success on their side when given a FO job.

I meant he was fed up and burned out with being in Cincy, not coaching in general. I don’t recall Marv ever in his 14 prior years throwing so many players under the bus. He’s usually been very protective of his players. That’s what leads me to believe he knows he’s not coming back here.

(12-28-2017, 04:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think he's burned out with either one. I think he's just pissed that he didn't get his extension and his future is unsettled. He's lashed out at players before, specifically 2010 when he turned hard on Chad and had rookie Dunlap in his dog house. The lashing out is just Marv looking out for #1. It's like a dog when it gets backed into a corner. He senses his livelihood is at stake, and he's lashing out because of it.

I think Marv is quite comfortable in his current situation and wouldn't want to start over elsewhere...but he's not necessarily burned out on Cincy or coaching in general. Just my opinion.

As for the FO stuff, I'm not saying anyone would hire him. That said, 7 playoff appearances and division experience has to look enticing to a team like the Browns.

(12-28-2017, 04:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I disagree - I know, it feels weird to me, too - but this just feels different than 2010. Maybe time has dulled my memory, but I don't really remember having that feeling of Merv being gone or that Merv was done with the team. This year, since like the 3rd or 4th game, I've had this feeling that Merv is just going through the motions, that he doesn't really have his heart in it. I truly feel like he's done with coaching the Bengals and probably coaching in general (at least, he'll take some time off - like a year - to recharge before taking on another coaching opportunity).

I do agree that if he wants to be a head coach elsewhere, he'll be a head coach elsewhere.

(12-28-2017, 05:40 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: He will not be back. That is his choice though, which is crazy considering he should have been fired 3 or 4 times by now.

Ahem.  Wink ....  Cry ....  Bang Head .... Sick .... Wasted ....  :giggle:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:53 PM)Trademark Wrote: Looks like I was right

I think we all knew.  We were just hoping to be wrong.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote