Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a good feeling!
By the end of this season, the Bengals will be firing on on cylinders and will be just starting to peek when the playoffs start.

They just have to keep winning these weird games where certain players play well but as a team they seem flat.

Dalton, Mixon, Vigil, Fej and Price all had good games.

The thing with Price and what should get you excited is after that first pass play where he got blown up and bull rushed, I believe it was something he has never seen before. And guess what? It NEVER...HAPPENED...AGAIN! That should fire you up! He learned from that play and played a great game...just like his snap issues early on in camp.

Hart on the other hand, the Bengals need to do something about that...he scares me.

By the end of this season, this O Line is going to be good. When the Bengals get the answer on the right side, it's going to be a great O Line.

I just hope I'm not eating my words Thursday night, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I disagree on Price, he got pushed back into Dalton several times today.

I know he's a rookie and this is his first game but he got beat more than Id like to see today esp from a weak defense
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Superbowl or bust baby!!

On a happier note - Dallas gave up 6 sacks today...has to make you feel a little better that our Oline will continue to get better under a new coach.
Reply/Quote
Mixon looked impressive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's gonna get better :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 10:38 PM)corpjet Wrote: I disagree on Price, he got pushed back into Dalton several times today.

I know he's a rookie and this is his first game but he got beat more than Id like to see today esp from a weak defense

Woods is a good player - possibly the best player on their D. Price did pretty well for his first action, aside from the one play. 
Reply/Quote
Here's my thoughts.......

I loved what I saw from Mixon today. Dual threat and a hard runner. O line I thought did well today for him.

I feel like Dalton is used to being pressured, and even when he wasn't pressured today, he looked frazzled. ( happy feet).

I hated the call on Dunlap for the 2nd rushing the passer. The first was questionable too him getting him at the legs.

Green, the last few seasons, I'm not sure what it is, but any time he's running, I'm pleading for him to just hang onto the ball.

Bullock looked great all day. Plenty of leg on kickoffs and hit everything today.

Fed came in and played really well for Williams. 10 tackles plus the forced fumble and scoop and score to seal a huge road W.

I thought the overall tackling was good today, not too many mis-tackles from what I remember.

I didn't care for our 3rd down defense most of the game. They did a lot of dink and dunks and I don't think we adjusted very well

All in all I'll take 1-0 starting off on the road. Baltimore crushed Buffalo today and I hope we come ready to play Thursday night at home
Reply/Quote
We just won on the road against a team with a top level QB. Not easy to do. Most of us picking the Bengals were guessing Luck would be tenative and rusty. Welp he looked really good. And the Bengals still found a way. By 11 pm Thursday night we will know a LOT more about this team
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 11:05 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Here's my thoughts.......

I loved what I saw from Mixon today. Dual threat and a hard runner. O line I thought did well today for him.

I feel like Dalton is used to being pressured, and even when he wasn't pressured today, he looked frazzled. ( happy feet).

I hated the call on Dunlap for the 2nd rushing the passer. The first was questionable too him getting him at the legs.

Green, the last few seasons, I'm not sure what it is, but any time he's running, I'm pleading for him to just hang onto the ball.

Bullock looked great all day. Plenty of leg on kickoffs and hit everything today.

Fed came in and played really well for Williams. 10 tackles plus the forced fumble and scoop and score to seal a huge road W.

I thought the overall tackling was good today, not too many mis-tackles from what I remember.

I didn't care for our 3rd down defense most of the game. They did a lot of dink and dunks and I don't think we adjusted very well

All in all I'll take 1-0 starting off on the road. Baltimore crushed Buffalo today and I hope we come ready to play Thursday night at home

I agree with all of this except the statement about Dalton.  He never let the drops, the pressure, or the bad calls get to him.  On the road, and with a struggling RT, the guy was nearly flawless.  

You nailed the rest, though.  

They survived a motivated Indy squad in their home opener and they came from two scores down to win in the fourth quarter.  Color me happy. 
Reply/Quote
Not only all of that, but Redmond only had 1 penalty that I remember, and he pretty much held his position down perfectly. Good game for him. On Green's first fumble, the DB placed a perfect hit on the ball to knock it out, so sometimes DB's make plays too..... AJ will get it locked down. Ross has the monkey off his back, Mixon looked like he was on fire, Dalton looked good, if Vigil keeps his level of play and we get Brown and Burfict back at, look out......
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I agree with all of this except the statement about Dalton.  He never let the drops, the pressure, or the bad calls get to him.  On the road, and with a struggling RT, the guy was nearly flawless.  

You nailed the rest, though.  

They survived a motivated Indy squad in their home opener and they came from two scores down to win in the fourth quarter.  Color me happy. 

I will give you that point about Dalton. The few times he got obviously hit in the face, although very visibly frustrated, he didn't seem to let that bother him. Good point man. I stand corrected. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not only all of that, but Redmond only had 1 penalty that I remember, and he pretty much held his position down perfectly. Good game for him. On Green's first fumble, the DB placed a perfect hit on the ball to knock it out, so sometimes DB's make plays too..... AJ will get it locked down. Ross has the monkey off his back, Mixon looked like he was on fire, Dalton looked good, if Vigil keeps his level of play and we get Brown and Burfict back at, look out......

Vigil had a passion yesterday we haven’t seen. He was awesome and playing hard. Everything else you mentioned was spot on as well.

Reply/Quote
I'm getting a good feeling thanks to Mr. Beam

Does that count ?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Vigil had a passion yesterday we haven’t seen. He was awesome and playing hard. Everything else you mentioned was spot on as well.

Evans had a nice stuff at the goal line.  Yes, they miscommunicated on the long TD, but that will improve.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Vigil had a passion yesterday we haven’t seen. He was awesome and playing hard. Everything else you mentioned was spot on as well.

I was never a big "Vigil-ante" as they say.... but I have never been a critic of him either. I think he has always had the passion, but last year he played on a bad ankle. That slows a man down. Evans just keeps getting better. I noticed in some of the other threads,( especially Game Day, which I just can't enjoy anymore because of all the quitting on this team), people were bashing Austin and saying he was no better than Bresnahan.  The game I watched, Austin took a Defense missing 2 starting linebackers and a starting safety, and playing a rookie free safety in his first game, into the locker room at the half, then came out an pitched a shut out against Andrew Luck. Not sure what people exactly expected for his first game, but I was pretty derned happy. The only thing that had me wondering was what they heck happened to Billings. He got no push the entire game.
Reply/Quote

Yes.  Vigil looked pretty good, loved seeing that.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote