Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have an awesome daughter
The subject line probably has you wondering WTH I am talking about.

Brief story: My daughter is 25 and married. Her High School home room teacher was a huge steeler fan. When we went to the first parent-teacher conference her Freshman year, I was completely offended by the Pig posters and disgusting steeler items covering the walls. I told her I thought it was a hostile learning environment and inappropriate to support rapist pigs at such an elite institution of higher learning. I was only partly kidding.

Fast forward 7 years. That same teacher is a Facebook friend of my daughter. The teacher posted a meme that had a mother and her child looking at each other and the child said "Mommy, why do all the other teams have cheerleaders?" and the mother replies "to distract them from the fact that they don't have six rings". Stupid as hell, right?

Well, my beloved daughter replied: It's more like this: "Mommy, why do all the other teams have cheerleaders?" And the mother replies; "Because cheerleaders wouldn't be safe around our team".

Love her to pieces.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 11:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The subject line probably has you wondering WTH I am talking about.  

Brief story:  My daughter is 25 and married.  Her High School home room teacher was a huge steeler fan.  When we went to the first parent-teacher conference her Freshman year, I was completely offended by the Pig posters and disgusting steeler items covering the walls.  I told her I thought it was a hostile learning environment and inappropriate to support rapist pigs at such an elite institution of higher learning.  I was only partly kidding.

Fast forward 7 years.  That same teacher is a Facebook friend of my daughter.  The teacher posted a meme that had a mother and her child looking at each other and the child said "Mommy, why do all the other teams have cheerleaders?" and the mother replies "to distract them from the fact that they don't have six rings".  Stupid as hell, right?

Well, my beloved daughter replied:  It's more like this:  "Mommy, why do all the other teams have cheerleaders?"  And the mother replies;  "Because cheerleaders wouldn't be safe around our team".

Love her to pieces.

This post and thread is a few years late. Smack
Reply/Quote
Well said, you did a good job.

“Mommy, why do all of the other teams have cheerleaders?”....”The Steelers probably do, but Ben’s body guards won’t let them out of the bathroom”
Reply/Quote
Ehh, it's all in good fun (as fun as rape jokes can be, I guess) but stuff like this is why I understand why we are going to hear about Mixon punching a woman in the face until he retires.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, it's all in good fun (as fun as rape jokes can be, I guess) but stuff like this is why I understand why we are going to hear about  Mixon punching a woman in the face until he retires.

I expected that when we drafted him. It honestly hasn’t been as bad as I expected....and it’s not like it’s undeserved 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, it's all in good fun (as fun as rape jokes can be, I guess) but stuff like this is why I understand why we are going to hear about  Mixon punching a woman in the face until he retires.

It isn't fun, speaking of physically assaulting a woman, but I guess what still bothers me is how Piggy is worshipped by the media and people STILL say "well, he was never convicted" completely ignoring the SEVEN figure settlements.  And that was just AFTER he left Miami, where he was notorious for that type of behaviour.  All swept under the rug.

I can't believe any parent lets their kid where a jersey of that pig.  And I am not kidding when I say that if my daughter married a steeler fan, I would not have paid for the wedding.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It isn't fun, speaking of physically assaulting a woman, but I guess what still bothers me is how Piggy is worshipped by the media and people STILL say "well, he was never convicted" completely ignoring the SEVEN figure settlements.  And that was just AFTER he left Miami, where he was notorious for that type of behaviour.  All swept under the rug.

I can't believe any parent lets their kid where a jersey of that pig.  And I am not kidding when I say that if my daughter married a steeler fan, I would not have paid for the wedding.  

I hear ya, and I find all those things a little suspect as well.  What actually intrigues/bothers me is how little this stuff is swept under the rug, actually.  It would be bordering on P&R territory to point out how often sexual assault is just "boys will be boys" or "Oh, she should be flattered he was interested in her" and so on when someone on your side does this sort of thing.

I guess Ben was a bit ahead of the curve with the "who cares, other than my detractors?" sexual assault allegations, though.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, and I find all those things a little suspect as well.  What actually intrigues/bothers me is how little this stuff is swept under the rug, actually.  It would be bordering on P&R territory to point out how often sexual assault is just "boys will be boys" or "Oh, she should be flattered he was interested in her" and so on when someone on your side does this sort of thing.

I guess Ben was a bit ahead of the curve with the "who cares, other than my detractors?" sexual assault allegations, though.  

Do you ever watch the show: "River Monsters"?  There was some species of fish that would actually bite off the testicles of naked swimmers.  I was thinking that would be a perfect justice for Piggy.  Here's to hoping he goes skinnydipping in Pacu-infested waters.  
Reply/Quote
Just for the record I am not a fan of your daughters teacher.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 12:57 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can't believe any parent lets their kid where a jersey of that pig.  And I am not kidding when I say that if my daughter married a steeler fan, I would not have paid for the wedding.  

You raised a fine daughter and I think I did too. According to the lovely Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering, she and our youngest — who will be nine next month — were in the grocery and my wife said we needed ketchup. My wife grabbed for the Heinz and my daughter said, “No, Mom! Not that Steelers crap ketchup again!”

They came home with Hunt’s.

For the record, we don’t buy Kraft cheese or Gillette razors either.
Reply/Quote
[Image: roethlisberger-300x3002.jpg?quality=90&strip=all]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 01:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Do you ever watch the show: "River Monsters"?  There was some species of fish that would actually bite off the testicles of naked swimmers.  I was thinking that would be a perfect justice for Piggy.  Here's to hoping he goes skinnydipping in Pacu-infested waters.  

Nasty fish, related to piranha with creepy human like teeth. Kinda look like Terrell Suggs.
Reply/Quote
[Image: ben_medium.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
My wife found out yesterday her supervisor is a Steelers fan. So this morning, I told her to make sure to kick him in the nuts. She’s been wanting to leave that job for a few years mostly due to his leadership. I think I might have made that possible today.

Reply/Quote
I think your daughter is awesome to....but for a totally different reason than her hating the steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 05:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You raised a fine daughter and I think I did too.  According to the lovely Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering, she and our youngest — who will be nine next month — were in the grocery and my wife said we needed ketchup.  My wife grabbed for the Heinz and my daughter said, “No, Mom!  Not that Steelers crap ketchup again!”  

They came home with Hunt’s.  

For the record, we don’t buy Kraft cheese or Gillette razors either.

Amen.  I don't even buy Yuengling because it comes from Pennsylvania.  
Reply/Quote

Problems from college days are often forgotten about by pure NFL fans.  Ben's problems occurred when he was in the NFL and he was suspended for several games by the league. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Problems from college days are often forgotten about by pure NFL fans.  Ben's problems occurred when he was in the NFL and he was suspended for several games by the league. 

That's possible.  Lord knows NFL announcers and analysts mentioned Mixon's college indiscretions this sesaon.  Maybe it only happens when they are rookies and then it trails off.  No one has mentioned Jameis Winston being a crab leg-stealing sexual assaulting fellow in a while, now that I think of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 12:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's possible.  Lord knows NFL announcers and analysts mentioned Mixon's college indiscretions this sesaon.  Maybe it only happens when they are rookies and then it trails off.  No one has mentioned Jameis Winston being a crab leg-stealing sexual assaulting fellow in a while, now that I think of it.

I believe that one of the biggest reasons Mixon's transgression is so famous is because it was captured on video.  That image sticks in peoples minds much more than just a report of an assault.

BTW anyone remember how many games AJ Green was suspended his last year at Georgia?  It was a totally different type of problem than assaulting a woman or driving drunk, but it still got him suspended.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I believe that one of the biggest reasons Mixon's transgression is so famous is because it was captured on video.  That image sticks in peoples minds much more than just a report of an assault.

BTW anyone remember how many games AJ Green was suspended his last year at Georgia?  It was a totally different type of problem than assaulting a woman or driving drunk, but it still got him suspended.

Oh, I agree video makes a huge difference.  It's why Ray Rice was being thrown out of the NFL for life at the same time James Harrison was getting a parade in Pittsburgh.  With that being said, all I'm saying is that it amuses me when we immediately get sick of hearing about Mixon hitting a woman while we bring up Ben being a rapist on a weekly basis for the past 9 years or so.  That's the nature of fandom, is all.
Reply/Quote