Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have doubts…
(04-05-2024, 06:32 PM)depthchart Wrote: Was Zierlein able to provide a Grade for JC Latham ?  or an Estimated Grade ?

Latham hurt his ankle in the National Championship game on 1/08/24 & was helped off the field.

I think that he would have tested had he not hurt his ankle. 

Assured as a 1st round pick & having a short window to get back up to 100% at his size likely led to him just letting Teams rely on his Game Tape. 

He has always seemed to take his Job seriously, so I still Love him as pick, although many want to avoid him for not Testing.

Latham has the size & girth that is hard for defenders to move and looks long & athletic enough to me.

FWIW - Mel  Kiper has him going to the Chargers at Pick #5.  

Yeah, JC Latham scares me because of our history on taking OL in the first that avoided testing.

It really isn't about the player to me, he looks good from all the tape I have seen and actually fits well as the guy to take over for Trent Brown
as he has about 3 times the snaps as the other guy that fits extremely well in Amarius Mims.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 06:32 PM)depthchart Wrote: Was Zierlein able to provide a Grade for JC Latham ?  or an Estimated Grade ?

Latham hurt his ankle in the National Championship game on 1/08/24 & was helped off the field.

I think that he would have tested had he not hurt his ankle. 

Assured as a 1st round pick & having a short window to get back up to 100% at his size likely led to him just letting Teams rely on his Game Tape. 

He has always seemed to take his Job seriously, so I still Love him as pick, although many want to avoid him for not Testing.

Latham has the size & girth that is hard for defenders to move and looks long & athletic enough to me.

FWIW - Mel  Kiper has him going to the Chargers at Pick #5.  

Latham is his biggest graded T in this class, actually.  That's not my opinion, but that's who he's got.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 07:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, JC Latham scares me because of our history on taking OL in the first that avoided testing.

It really isn't about the player to me, he looks good from all the tape I have seen and actually fits well as the guy to take over for Trent Brown
as he has about 3 times the snaps as the other guy that fits extremely well in Amarius Mims.

You really need a full blown psych eval to try and figure out who is going to be a good pro or a bust. But hell, teams get more access to them than us arm chair GMs and still can't figure it out.

He passed my psych eval though.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/s3PeV58lECM
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2024, 02:24 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You really need a full blown psych eval to try and figure out who is going to be a good pro or a bust. But hell, teams get more access to them than us arm chair GMs and still can't figure it out.

He passed my psych eval though.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/s3PeV58lECM

So true, hard to judge player's psyche. Trench King Latham, I like it lol
Reply/Quote
This typical Bengal stuff they over think it when it’s real easy. Take Fuaga put em at right tackle…on to the next.
Reply/Quote
I'm completely off this train. Not interested in taking a guard at 18.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think Fuaga can play RT so I would be happy with him at 18. All players are a risk so go with a guy who’s a good athlete. Shorter arms can be a bit of a concern but I remember when people had questions about the hand size of a QB the Bengals were looking to draft…
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 11:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'm completely off this train. Not interested in taking a guard at 18.

Fuaga won't be there anyways, the Raiders will most likely take him way ahead of us.

But he can play RT and LG so he would start most likely, so would be a good pick if he did somehow fell to us. As solid as any pick for us besides
Fautanu who will most likely be picked by the Seahawks right in front of us. We will be looking at Mims and Latham most likely IMO.

I want Amarius Mims if we go OL at 18. I bet Mims starts at LG and comes in at RT once Trent Brown inevitably gets hurt again.

(04-15-2024, 12:46 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I think Fuaga can play RT so I would be happy with him at 18. All players are a risk so go with a guy who’s a good athlete. Shorter arms can be a bit of a concern but I remember when people had questions about the hand size of a QB the Bengals were looking to draft…

Same, completely agree Clark.
Reply/Quote