Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I have never seen so many
(04-30-2016, 12:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Really? Where are you seeing that?
When I searched his name last night on Twitter a saints beat guy said saints had been targeting him for the fourth did a bunch of work on him and had him to their facility.
Reply/Quote
When Nick Vigil turns out to be a beast, we will be watching future NFL drafts where every year we have to hear the announcers talk about how the Bengals stole Nick Vigil in the 3rd round....replacing all the patriots stealing tom brady in the 6th round talk.
Reply/Quote
I read somewhere that the packers would have taken him the pick after ours. Instead they took the other Utah state LB.

Reply/Quote
Every year people play GM and get pissed their player doesn't get picked. It's comical how upset people get. I'm happy with the way things are unfolding.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:45 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: Every year people play GM and get pissed their player doesn't get picked. It's comical how upset people get. I'm happy with the way things are unfolding.

I can't believe nobody is joining my Nick Vigil fan club in the other thread.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: I can't believe nobody is joining my Nick Vigil fan club in the other thread.

I'm Gettin' Viggy Wit It!
Reply/Quote
Gasp! Some Bengals fan disagree with a draft pick?! How absurd. We should all agree that every draft pick they make will always make a solid contribution to the team. How dare a fan have a differing opinion than that of the Bengals.

Good thing none of us argue about what players should start and no Bengals fan ever had an argument about Andy Dalton, our starting QB that the Bengals have said is our QB. Glad no one has ever discussed drafting Bridgewater or starting McCarron Mellow
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:54 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Gasp! Some Bengals fan disagree with a draft pick?! How absurd. We should all agree that every draft pick they make will always make a solid contribution to the team. How dare a fan have a differing opinion than that of the Bengals.

Good thing none of us argue about what players should start and no Bengals fan ever had an argument about Andy Dalton, our starting QB that the Bengals have said is our QB. Glad no one has ever discussed drafting Bridgewater or starting McCarron  Mellow

These issues pale in comparison to the issue of Nick Vigil's awesomeness.
Reply/Quote
We just never know if every draft will be the greatest or the worse ever until a few years later. Until the Cincinnati Bengals call me up and ask me to evaluate college football players for them I'm going to assume that they already have someone else doing that job for me which frees up my time to do other things like making sawdust in my shop..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: When I searched his name last night on Twitter a saints beat guy said saints had been targeting him for the fourth did a bunch of work on him and had him to their facility.
You just can't go wrong getting your undisputed facts from Twitter..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
How dare anyone have an opinion about the team's draft strategy. What is this world coming to? Ninja

Nothing against the kid, but I can't imagine he was at the top of our BPA board.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nothing against the kid, but I can't imagine he was at the top of our BPA board.

You saw our board....cool.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: You saw our board....cool.

No.  He was talking about an imaginary board in his own head.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  He was talking about an imaginary board in his own head.

*Whisper's to fred: "I know, it was sarcasm without the ninja" tee hee
Reply/Quote
LOL, I don't care what you'al say, I'm very, very certain he wasn't at the top of our board.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:33 PM)BengalChris Wrote: LOL, I don't care what you'al say, I'm very, very certain he wasn't at the top of our board.

From the guy who had Billings as a first round pick.

You don't have a clue where anyone was on our board.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From the guy who had Billings as a first round pick.

You don't have a clue where anyone was on our board.

Well, at least I wasn't the only one who didn't know anything about Billings injury.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, at least I wasn't the only one who didn't know anything about Billings injury.

NFL network just said they talked to multiple teams and asked if his slide was for medical reasons, and the answer was no. Apparently it's because he is a good run stopper but adds little to nothing when it comes to pass rush. 

That being said if he's there at our next pick I'd love them to take him. Providing there really isn't medical concerns with him.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:50 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: NFL network just said they talked to multiple teams and asked if his slide was for medical reasons, and the answer was no. Apparently it's because he is a good run stopper but adds little to nothing when it comes to pass rush.

Peko 2.0

The only time he gets a sack is when he cleans up after Geno or Dunlap. The world need run stoppers too.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 02:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: Peko 2.0

The only time he gets a sack is when he cleans up after Geno or Dunlap. The world need run stoppers too.

Peko selected with the 123rd pick

We get Billings at 122.

Nothing wrong with a one-dimensional player if he is really good at that one dimension.  Peko never got a lot of sacks but he was consistently among the league leaders in tackles by an interior D-lineman.

BTW Geno was the 120th pick.
Reply/Quote