Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have our left tackle in Free Agency
Will he be allowed to hold when he’s a Bengal because somehow he gets away with it as a Steeler.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 02:10 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: IMO, there is a Steelers lineman they should definitely be looking at...but it's Matt Feiler. He'll be 29 and offers tremendous versatility, being able to start at both G spots and RT. His contract should be pretty reasonable as well.

I've been know to start both G spots
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 02:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I have our left tackle on the team already. Sure we could use some insurance. But I want the first OL taken in the draft two years ago to stay where he is and continue his development.

The injuries our disheartening, but I still think we have a stud on our hands.

Im not down on Williams.. I just don;t know if we will grad a RT in FA... and it sounds like Williams since he could be moved if we acquire Sewell in the draft so I figure I  would put out a tackle I think we might be able to get... 
Reply/Quote
We already have our LT on the team. I'm guessing we get our RT at #5.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 08:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The one tackle I would really look at signing is Alejandro Villanueva for a few reasons

1. You can count on him to be healthy and play
2. His strength overall is protecting the QB.. what better to have him protecting Burrow blindside
3. He is a young 32, only played 6 seasons
4. Played his career in our own division knows the other teams well and what it takes to win in the AFC North....
5. Character- EX Vet.. enough said
6. Makes Steelers even weaker.. :)

Thoughts?

Hard pass I don’t want to just get better on the oline cuz being the worst in the league that isn’t hard to do. I want a really good offensive line... Villanueva does make us better but it’s nothing I’d clap my hands for so pass
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 01:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No thanks.

If we go after a Steelers o-lineman I’d prefer Feiler. He’s only 28, and can play G or T.

I was thinking the same thing. Villanueva is a great man though, will say this. Cannot say this about many Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was thinking the same thing. Villanueva is a great man though, will say this. Cannot say this about many Steelers.

Agree. im not opposed to looking at others but right now after Trent Williams who looks to probably end up staying at SF.. Villanueva is the next best pure tackle out there.. i think we go looking for guard in FA first.. and look for tackle in 1st round of draft.. maybe grab a center in FA also. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 08:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The one tackle I would really look at signing is Alejandro Villanueva for a few reasons

1.  You can count on him to be healthy and play
2.  His strength overall is protecting the QB.. what better to have him protecting Burrow blindside
3.  He is a young 32, only played 6 seasons
4.  Played his career in our own division knows the other teams well and what it takes to win in the AFC North....
5. Character-  EX Vet.. enough said
6.  Makes Steelers even weaker.. :)

Thoughts?

we did give this guy a shot at camp(TE) before he went to do his military duty i believe.. .Could be a nice reunion.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 11:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I've been know to start both G spots

Suuuuuuure, Bfine. More like...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12514763]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
You have to figure any Stealers lineman that goes to another team will have their play fall off drastically because they will no longer be able to hold on every play without getting flagged.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 03:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agree. im not opposed to looking at others but right now after Trent Williams who looks to probably end up staying at SF.. Villanueva is the next best pure tackle out there.. i think we go looking for guard in FA first.. and look for tackle in 1st round of draft.. maybe grab a center in FA also. 

I am thinking Zeit is the most likely Guard we go after now that he has been cut. Linsley would be great if we grab a Center.

Could be the way we go as Guard was even worse than Tackle last year and with Sewell and the rest of the OT's in this Draft it
is extremely deep at OT. I still would like to grab a versatile OT like Feiler who can also play Guard. Reiff would be a great fit if
we do go after an OT in FA. I think we will, there are lots of them out there and we have the money.
Reply/Quote