Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(I have to ask) Does anyone really believe ....
that things will change for the better IF Lewis retires, which is the ONLY way he leaves??

Seriously???

After 26 years, do you suddenly think MB, will suddenly hire a great GM, let him pick a fireball HC and staff, keep Tobin and stay in the owner's box and let them run the show?????
Reply/Quote
Sadly no I don't
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't know... But I do know Marvin is not the answer. If sounds like Katie and Co are mostly in charge now. I don't know who they would want as head coach, but as long as it's not Marvin I'll at least be relived. Marvin definitely won't work, but maybe his replacement will.... Maybe. Sounds like Vance Joseph is still on the radar, and if Cleveland keeps being Cleveland and fires hue Jackson after next year... Who knows??
Reply/Quote
Not until Mike Brown dies. Sad but true.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I honestly don't know... But I do know Marvin is not the answer. If sounds like Katie and Co are mostly in charge now. I don't know who they would want as head coach, but as long as it's not Marvin I'll at least be relived. Marvin definitely won't work, but maybe his replacement will.... Maybe. Sounds like Vance Joseph is still on the radar, and if Cleveland keeps being Cleveland and fires hue Jackson after next year... Who knows??

On whose radar Pat?  Are you hearing Brown, Katie and Co, or ANYONE in a position of power talking about Joseph or Jackson as a possible replacement?????
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: On whose radar Pat?  Are you hearing Brown, Katie and Co, or ANYONE in a position of power talking about Joseph or Jackson as a possible replacement?????

It was a news article from this past summer, saying the team wanted to retain Hue and groom him as Marvin's replacement. Also talked about Vance Joseph still being a front office favorite after he left for the DC position in Miami. I'll try and find it. 
Reply/Quote
Yes...this is a dumb post....Tobin is the GM of this team...has nothing to do with Mike Brown...Marvin needs to stay on in some capacity and work with Tobin...Mike Brown has very little do do with team on a day to day basis.....This is now Katie's team....

Marvin needs to go for the simple fact is that he can not make a change in the game plan, even up at half, to win a game.

Seen it over and over in the playoffs and saw it again today. There is no way that we should have lost this game... Whether it made a difference or not for the season....

Today was just an extension of what we have all seen for 13 years...

Time for Marvin to go

WHODEY!!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:25 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Yes...this is a dumb post....Tobin is the GM of this team...has nothing to do with Mike Brown...Marvin needs to stay on in some capacity and work with Tobin...Mike Brown has very little do do with team on a day to day basis.....This is now Katie's team....

Marvin needs to go for the simple fact is that he can not make a change in the game plan, even up at half, to win a game.

Seen it over and over in the playoffs and saw it again today.  There is no way that we should have lost this game...  Whether it made a difference or not for the season....

Today was just an extension of what we have all seen for 13 years...

Time for Marvin to go

WHODEY!!

Still searching for my source... Where did you see that Tobin was the de facto GM? 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Still searching for my source... Where did you see that Tobin was the de facto GM? 

Or any of the other rhetoric you spouted off spazz70?

Or could it possibly be you are a spazzed out?    Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:16 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: that things will change for the better IF Lewis retires, which is the ONLY way he leaves??

Seriously???

After 26 years, do you suddenly think MB, will suddenly hire a great GM, let him pick a fireball HC and staff, keep Tobin and stay in the owner's box and let them run the show?????

Nope.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Still searching for my source... Where did you see that Tobin was the de facto GM? 

Marv has said that when asked if he envisioned moving to the front office of the Bengals.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/2/24/11099216/duke-tobin-doesnt-need-gm-title-to-know-his-worth-with-bengals

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/20949/bengals-personnel-chief-duke-tobin-to-stay-in-cincinnati

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637749/article/duke-tobins-star-rising-in-bengals-front-off

Do these articles say enough?  Or are you looking for an actual quote from a Bengals front office personnel?

De Facto.... in fact, or in effect, whether by right or not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:39 PM)spazz70 Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/2/24/11099216/duke-tobin-doesnt-need-gm-title-to-know-his-worth-with-bengals

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/20949/bengals-personnel-chief-duke-tobin-to-stay-in-cincinnati

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637749/article/duke-tobins-star-rising-in-bengals-front-off

Do these articles say enough?  Or are you looking for an actual quote from a Bengals front office personnel?

De Facto.... in fact, or in effect, whether by right or not.

Yes, I want quotes that say MB has little to do with the team and Katie is running the show! 

Yes that's what I want!!!
Reply/Quote
I have to ask ? Do you really believe that things will change for the better if Lewis stays ?

Seriously ?
Reply/Quote
We hire the right guy and things can change

It'd be a start that would keep me for at least another 1 or 2 years

We're not gonna go from Bungles to superstars in one coaching regime but one coaching regime can change long term mindset
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 08:59 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Yes, I want quotes that say MB has little to do with the team and Katie is running the show! 

Yes that's what I want!!!

Direct quote from Katie in this article from March, 2016...

And on the other side of it with my dad, he is involved in everything still, but he steps back and counts on us to really carry the ball on most things these days.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/25/nfl-katie-blackburn-cincinnati-bengals

Is this clear enough or would you like a Mike Brown quote also?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:15 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Direct quote from Katie in this article from March, 2016...

And on the other side of it with my dad, he is involved in everything still, but he steps back and counts on us to really carry the ball on most things these days.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/25/nfl-katie-blackburn-cincinnati-bengals

Is this clear enough or would you like a Mike Brown quote also?

Come on spazz!!

He is INVOLVED in EVERYTHING  He steps back and counts on us to carry the ball on MOST things.

Translation; he has trained us to do things like he wants them done, but just lets us do them FOR him, making we stay in line!!!

Did you not read this word for word, or just having trouble on the comprehension???
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:05 PM)Housh Wrote: We hire the right guy and things can change

It'd be a start that would keep me for at least another 1 or 2 years

We're not gonna go from Bungles to superstars in one coaching regime but one coaching regime can change long term mindset

Just curious Housh.  If things don't work out the way you want, are you 

a. going to just stop rooting for a particular team?

b. bandwagon to a winning team?

c. stop following NFL all together and just follow college?
Reply/Quote