Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have to toot my horn... Sheepish plea for rep+
11-24-2022, 09:07 AM

Weather looks to be near-perfect game conditions. If Chase plays, I think it is a huge advantage to how the Titans will have to defend Cincy. Even if he is only out there a few plays.

Dalton is cruising, and getting the ball out quicker to short and intermediate routes to prevent getting behind the chains, or worse, sacks.

The defense will have to stop King Henry, and the Titans do have a few weapons outside him. I think the Bengals offense and the LB play of Cincy is just too much for the Titans, who haven't allowed a lot of points to anyone this year as they just grind you down, but Joe's efficiency will still put Cincy on top in the end.

Bengals 20
Titans 16

Uh, BOOM!!! Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry the Dalton thing kinda ruins it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Sorry the Dalton thing kinda ruins it.

Hilarious Hilarious  Hilarious

Pally pointed that out when I first did it, but I thought I would own my mistake rather than edit it.  Pretty funny.  No idea how I did that.  Dalton did have a GREAT game last week...not so much against SF.

But hey, in that weak ass division, 5-6 puts you in first place.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious  Hilarious

Pally pointed that out when I first did it, but I thought I would own my mistake rather than edit it.  Pretty funny.  No idea how I did that.  Dalton did have a GREAT game last week...not so much against SF.

But hey, in that weak ass division, 5-6 puts you in first place.  

Yeah, I think the league needs to re-align the divisions and maybe the Conferences. I'm not sure how they do that though. If they put one really good team in a weak division, then you wind up with the Patriots who own the division for a decade or more. If you don't re-align, then we will have teams with winning records from tough divisions sitting on the couch while some team with a losing record makes the playoffs because they are in a crappy division. And then there was the mass exodus of QB's into the AFC which left the NFC very weak. I think it is time for some tweaking if they want to keep their product competitive. 
Reply/Quote
NICE!

I’m on my way to present to classes all day at Western Hills in Cincinnati and just passed the practice bubble (and stadium but bubble is closer to the bridge). I have on my new Bengals shirt and new Bengals hat and I just have a confidence about this team for this year and the future!

Joe will bring us MULTIPLE Super Bowls!
Reply/Quote
This is like the homeless man that holds the sign up that says “I won’t lie I want beer money” and that is exactly why I’m giving rep to you. Good work!

Reply/Quote
Ka-Boom

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: 11-24-2022, 09:07 AM

Weather looks to be near-perfect game conditions. If Chase plays, I think it is a huge advantage to how the Titans will have to defend Cincy. Even if he is only out there a few plays.

Dalton is cruising, and getting the ball out quicker to short and intermediate routes to prevent getting behind the chains, or worse, sacks.

The defense will have to stop King Henry, and the Titans do have a few weapons outside him. I think the Bengals offense and the LB play of Cincy is just too much for the Titans, who haven't allowed a lot of points to anyone this year as they just grind you down, but Joe's efficiency will still put Cincy on top in the end.

Bengals 20
Titans 16

Uh, BOOM!!! Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey

Bullseye congrats
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I think the league needs to re-align the divisions and maybe the Conferences. I'm not sure how they do that though. If they put one really good team in a weak division, then you wind up with the Patriots who own the division for a decade or more. If you don't re-align, then we will have teams with winning records from tough divisions sitting on the couch while some team with a losing record makes the playoffs because they are in a crappy division. And then there was the mass exodus of QB's into the AFC which left the NFC very weak. I think it is time for some tweaking if they want to keep their product competitive. 

I know it'll never happen, but if the league truly wants parity at all costs, then they should re-align the divisions EVERY season by record. Top 4 teams in the conference get reassigned to the same division and so on. I know it'll never happen and not just because of the scheduling nightmare this would create. But man, how weird would it be to be in the same division as the Chiefs, Titans and Bills this year?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 11:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I know it'll never happen, but if the league truly wants parity at all costs, then they should re-align the divisions EVERY season by record. Top 4 teams in the conference get reassigned to the same division and so on. I know it'll never happen and not just because of the scheduling nightmare this would create. But man, how weird would it be to be in the same division as the Chiefs, Titans and Bills this year?

That still leaves the problem of the better teams in the top divisions not making the playoffs when weaker teams from weaker conferences get in. If they truly want the best playoffs, they should go away from Division winners automatically getting in and go by records. Best teams from each conference get the playoff spots.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I think the league needs to re-align the divisions and maybe the Conferences. I'm not sure how they do that though. If they put one really good team in a weak division, then you wind up with the Patriots who own the division for a decade or more. If you don't re-align, then we will have teams with winning records from tough divisions sitting on the couch while some team with a losing record makes the playoffs because they are in a crappy division. And then there was the mass exodus of QB's into the AFC which left the NFC very weak. I think it is time for some tweaking if they want to keep their product competitive. 

So tough to do....Rivalries, travel, and things always changing.  Look how the AFC East was the Pats and no one else for a decade.  Now it is incredibly competitive.  Ditto the NFC East.  Then you have the AFC West and all of a sudden, it looks like the Chiefs and a sea of turd soup.  Everyone was calling that conference schedule the crucible.  No longer.  Things are always changing.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 11:29 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Bullseye congrats

You are supposed to say "but you did say Dalton".   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 10:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: This is like the homeless man that holds the sign up that says “I won’t lie I want beer money” and that is exactly why I’m giving rep to you. Good work!

It wasn't so much the rep, as it was hitting the score in a game that had a very strange ending and a penalty that took points off the board.  
Reply/Quote
What does rep actually do? Why you want it when you already got so much?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 01:03 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What does rep actually do?  Why you want it when you already got so much?

I don't know about anyone else, but all my rep has made my weiner grow really big. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 01:03 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: What does rep actually do?  Why you want it when you already got so much?

Rep gives you God-like status, adds girth to an already stroked ego, and lifts you higher than the masses. Your words are taken seriously with touch of brilliance and those who know you (and even those who don't) cherish the opinions you have to offer.  Wink

Reply/Quote
Sadly, I can only rep you once.

So what's your prediction for Sunday, Nostradamus?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 01:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know about anyone else, but all my rep has made my weiner grow really big. 
Just gave you another inch.  To your wife and/or girlfriend:  You're welcome.
Reply/Quote

I think I get an all-expenses paid vacation when I hit 100,000.  I was kidding.  It was more just pointing out that I hit a really odd number and the game almost went exactly as I described.  That ending to make the number, though...I am surprised no one asked if that official was my dad. 
Reply/Quote