Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I honestly thought Pat Robertson Died Years ago.
So, apparently Pat Robertson died today. Like, actually died.

He was in the band Ministry back in the 90's, I think after Mike Scaccia left. Had to be. Or maybe he has A ministry. Uhm, okay idk.

He definitely was most famous for helping kids in the blood diamond trade over in Africa when he realized how horrific it was. He was appalled. Wait, no. I think he actually owned and profited off of the mines that the kids were working in while he was making money off of religious speech over in those parts. I'll have to check on that one.

Also, he defended some kids in Alaska that were going to court over having a "Bong Rips For Jesus" sign in a parade. That actually happened.

All in all, he was one of the last moral majority types that got the folks on the right to start feelin' like they suddenly got the Jesus in them back during the Reagan years. Probably not the shithead that Falwell was, but still kind of a pain in the ass. I'm going to take his passing as an opportunity to be thankful that big time political preacher men are a lot rarer than they once were. I'm not saying I'm celebrating his death. His influence waned enough to make him pretty harmless in his later years. I'm just glad there aren't too many modern versions of him.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to Venmo some money to Benny Hinn Ministries to get rid of this raging case of pinkeye that my kid brought home from his daycare.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2023, 10:11 PM)samhain Wrote: So, apparently Pat Robertson died today.  Like, actually died.  

He was in the band Ministry back in the 90's, I think after Mike Scaccia left.  Had to be.  Or maybe he has A ministry.  Uhm, okay idk.

He definitely was most famous for helping kids in the blood diamond trade over in Africa when he realized how horrific it was.  He was appalled.  Wait, no.  I think he actually owned and profited off of the mines that the kids were working in while he was making money off of religious speech over in those parts.  I'll have to check on that one.  

Also, he defended some kids in Alaska that were going to court over having a "Bong Rips For Jesus" sign in a parade.  That actually happened.  

All in all, he was one of the last moral majority types that got the folks on the right to start feelin' like they suddenly got the Jesus in them back during the Reagan years.  Probably not the shithead that Falwell was, but still kind of a pain in the ass.  I'm going to take his passing as an opportunity to be thankful that big time political preacher men are a lot rarer than they once were.  I'm not saying I'm celebrating his death.  His influence waned enough to make him pretty harmless in his later years.  I'm just glad there aren't too many modern versions of him.  

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to Venmo some money to Benny Hinn Ministries to get rid of this raging case of pinkeye that my kid brought home from his daycare.

He is the epitome of everything that is wrong with so many of the religious right wing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Nah. That crazy old coot has been popping up every so often with his "Let's see if they'll buy this!" brand of swill over the past four decades, and pocketing money from followers who crave his particular brand of Christian hate and greed. Honestly, I thought the f***er was 80- years old back in 1980. Dude's appearance didn't change in all that time.

[Image: 352329857_295670436140551_30856531119072...e=6486DA1F]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
His soul died when he sold it out for money and fame.  It just took his body a lot longer to catch up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Pat Robertson was a blight on society. From saying AIDS was just “Gods way of weeding his garden”, claiming that 9/11 was allowed to happen by God due to “the gays, feminists and abortionists”, that Katrina was a punishment from God due to abortionists, and…well, there’s plenty more.

I’m not sad he is gone. Those are simply disgusting views.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 09:46 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Pat Robertson was a blight on society. From saying AIDS was just “Gods way of weeding his garden”, claiming that 9/11 was allowed to happen by God due to “the gays, feminists and abortionists”, that Katrina was a punishment from God due to abortionists, and…well, there’s plenty more.

It reminds me of Christopher Hitchens' (I truly miss that man) take on Jerry Falwell.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 09:46 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Pat Robertson was a blight on society. From saying AIDS was just “Gods way of weeding his garden”, claiming that 9/11 was allowed to happen by God due to “the gays, feminists and abortionists”, that Katrina was a punishment from God due to abortionists, and…well, there’s plenty more.

To these people's God, that's the only thing he has in his bag : Punishment, blame, pain. 

It tells a lot more about them than about God.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 11:14 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It reminds me of Christopher Hitchens' (I truly miss that man) take on Jerry Falwell.

There’s something about a grown man being called a “little turd” that is incredibly comical. But yes, Falwell was right there with Robertson. Truly despicable. At least Falwell walked back his statements on 9/11 IIRC, not that it buys him much grace in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
I thought Herman Munster was dead until I saw My Cousin Vinny.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 01:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I thought Herman Munster was dead until I saw My Cousin Vinny.

Herman Munster was always dead.  Grandpa made him of spare cadaver parts with the intent of building a husband for his daughter.  
Reply/Quote
robertson was never a real Christian, he was a con man charlitan like copeland who only cared about wealth and power. he was a tool of the beast to make Christianity look bad.
Reply/Quote