Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitta to start the season on the PUP list
Pitta is expected to start the season on the PUP list, which would make him ineligible to play for 6 weeks. No one is sure if he'll actually be able to play, and some think his career might be over given the issue, but he may come back this season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-expected-to-place-dennis-pitta-on-physically-unable-perform-list-to-start-camp-season-sources-20150721-story.html

His injuries these last two seasons have been critical losses for the Ravens as he was Flacco's favorite target and had great hands.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah. Y'all will miss him, no doubt. You have to wonder if it is time to label him "injury-prone" and move on. I don't like to say it, but the business of football is business. Lord knows, we Bengals have had our hearts broken with injured players in the past.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 04:46 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. Y'all will miss him, no doubt. You have to wonder if it is time to label him "injury-prone" and move on. I don't like to say it, but the business of football is business. Lord knows, we Bengals have had our hearts broken with injured players in the past.

Many have speculated it might be the same thing that eventually ended Bo Jackson's career.

Reply/Quote
I've counted him out a long time ago. It was already a sad ending. These are mostly formalities at this point I think. The Ravens have to pay him either way, so there's no harm in letting him continue to rehab with the trainers and doctors while holding on to the 5-10% chance that he can get healthy enough to contribute at some point. I'm torn, I think it would be awesome and it's his prerogative to try to get back on the field if he still has some football left...but the way he went down, with his hip just giving out like that, maybe the team should take the decision out of his hands for his own safety.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 10:00 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I've counted him out a long time ago. It was already a sad ending. These are mostly formalities at this point I think. The Ravens have to pay him either way, so there's no harm in letting him continue to rehab with the trainers and doctors while holding on to the 5-10% chance that he can get healthy enough to contribute at some point. I'm torn, I think it would be awesome and it's his prerogative to try to get back on the field if he still has some football left...but the way he went down, with his hip just giving out like that, maybe the team should take the decision out of his hands for his own safety.

It sucks too because he's already 30 despite only having been in the league for 5 years. Mormon athletes always graduate college at an older age because of their missionaries. At least he got that $32m contract to make up for not playing for long. Better than many others ever get.

Reply/Quote
I've had Pitta on my fantasy team the past few years. Won't make that mistake again. He's always getting hurt.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 10:41 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I've had Pitta on my fantasy team the past few years. Won't make that mistake again. He's always getting hurt.

That would be a pittaful mistake...  See what I did there?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
That sucks he got hurt. Productive player. Hope he can revive his career.
Reply/Quote