Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I hope Bengal fans were watching tonight's game
..and taking notes. Sometimes the better team loses..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope. Now we know that the 4-5 49ers are superior to the 7-3 Rams.

It is known.
Reply/Quote
Yep, even the Rams and Bucs can get upset 2 weeks in row.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and taking notes. Sometimes the better team loses..

Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers is one of the oldest and great Rival Games.  OK, Rams were in St Louis a while.  Now they are back in LA and Frisco was laying for them. 

Rival Games. As was always said about Ohio State vs Michigan, throw the season stats out the window, they don't apply when these 2 teams meet.  RIVAL GAMES.   LA at Frisco is a Rival Game in NFL. MLB, NBA

Bengals at NY Jets is not a Rival Game, just a bad loss by Bengals.  

Cleveland at Cincinnati IS indeed a RIVAL GAME and Browns for a rare time this year were healthy and ready for The Rival Game. 

I'm not surprised LA lost at San Francisco, and 49ers Defense with Bosa was back to playing Great Defense. 

There's nothing to learn here except that you throw out the stats on Rival Games.  I'm an Ohio State Fan, but at Michigan with a Buckeye rookie quarterback, Michigan could get some revenge this year in Ann Arbor.  A Rival Game where Michigan is probably sick of losing at home in Ann Arbor. ....Throw out all the season stats on Big Rival Games. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 01:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and taking notes. Sometimes the better team loses..

I agree with your sentiment, but perspective lends itself to also understanding it's far more bungle-like when it's the Bengals taking the beat down compared to other franchises that don't historically suffer as much as we do.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, but the Rams have terrible coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 10:49 AM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, but the Rams have terrible coaches.

and Zac is a spawn of those coaches. Uh oh.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
When is the last time these teams have went to the Superbowl and won playoff games?

When we have their record, then we'll have better history to look at when reacting to losses to bad teams.

Until then, our history points to disaster and letdown. Unlike theirs. And thus, the reactions are warranted.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 02:12 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, even the Rams and Bucs can get upset 2 weeks in row.

Mostly QB errors/fault. QBs need to be brought down to earth and benched. Coaches need to grow a pair and bench them.  QBs WILL have a bad day, some QBs have more than 1-2 bad games.  The QBs run the show on the field. No excuses.

The rams bringing in Beckham is going to derail them even more. Bet they felt it was going to upgrade them automatically, they failed miserably after Beckham gave up on his route and was an easy niner pick.
Reply/Quote
that OBJ cancer spread fast
Reply/Quote
What is interesting is that the Rams may simply be more hype than substance. Their record vs teams with winning records is 1-2 and they beat up on bad teams outside that. This is why I do find it interesting people here flip out so much, I am still not convinced there is a dominant team in the league this year. Some would argue the most dominant team may be the Titans....who also lost to the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 11:19 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Mostly QB errors/fault. QBs need to be brought down to earth and benched. Coaches need to grow a pair and bench them.  QBs WILL have a bad day, some QBs have more than 1-2 bad games.  The QBs run the show on the field. No excuses.

The rams bringing in Beckham is going to derail them even more. Bet they felt it was going to upgrade them automatically, they failed miserably after Beckham gave up on his route and was an easy niner pick.

They signed OBJ and then lost Robert Woods to an ACL. So he actually fills a hole at WR. I would have agreed before the injury news. And the man has barely practiced with the team... I think he is going to have some issues before he settles in
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 12:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: What is interesting is that the Rams may simply be more hype than substance. Their record vs teams with winning records is 1-2 and they beat up on bad teams outside that. This is why I do find it interesting people here flip out so much, I am still not convinced there is a dominant team in the league this year. Some would argue the most dominant team may be the Titans....who also lost to the Jets.

I have the Bills and Cardinals down as the two best teams this year. Great defenses and strong offenses. Cowboys are also very strong. Bucs and Rams have elite offenses but their defenses are around average. I would say that the Cardinals are the most dominant, and they are coming off a couple of losses here.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 08:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I have the Bills and Cardinals down as the two best teams this year. Great defenses and strong offenses. Cowboys are also very strong. Bucs and Rams have elite offenses but their defenses are around average. I would say that the Cardinals are the most dominant, and they are coming off a couple of losses here.

Myself I like the Titans, last 4 out of 5 wins have been against Bills, Chiefs, Colts and Rams.. that is impressive , I know they are without Henry but their defense has been picking up the pace... 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2021, 09:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Myself I like the Titans, last 4 out of 5 wins have been against Bills, Chiefs, Colts and Rams.. that is impressive , I know they are without Henry but their defense has been picking up the pace... 

Definitely not a bad choice. I think they will be just fine without Henry, his season was being overrated.
Reply/Quote