Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope Dalton and AJ demand trades...
(11-27-2016, 11:47 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Isn't Dalton's contract a year to year thing?

The Bengals couild move on from him with minimal financial penalty. Looking at Dalton's faces over the season, he COULD demand a trade.

ANY player can demand a trade...that doesn't mean that the organization will trade them.

Dalton is classier than Palmer and wouldn't pull such a thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: ANY player can demand a trade...that doesn't mean that the organization will trade them.

There's nothing unclassy about what Palmer did.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:26 PM)Tomkat Wrote: If that's what it takes to get rid of Marvin and perhaps turn things around, then I'm all for it.  Thoughts?

Lame idea. That would be a nightmare homes.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: ANY player can demand a trade...that doesn't mean that the organization will trade them.

If we had been told Palmer would demand a trade before thanksgiving 2010, the vast majority of us would have said he would never do such a thing. Then he had the snippy press conference prior to the jets game, saying things like "this game is on thanksgiving because it's the jets vs the bengals" and (on if he could see himself playing for another team the next year) "oh yeah. It's the NFL, anything can happen" (paraphrasing).

That was a small clue about what was coming. We haven't seen anything like that from Dalton or AJ yet (as far as I know, haven't paid much attention to the interviews this year), but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we did. 
Reply/Quote
As time has passed, do we still feel like Carson demanding a trade was a bad thing? One, I think Dalton is a better QB than Carson. Carson was a pick 6 machine for a long time. I don't think he started out like that.

Secondly, if Dalton demanded a trade, I for one would be happy for him. Same with AJ Green. Go someplace where you can win.

It's not like they're pulling a Kevin Durant. This team has legitimately sucked for 25+ years. THey're pulling a Kevin Garnett/Kevin Love.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 07:27 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: As time has passed, do we still feel like Carson demanding a trade was a bad thing? One, I think Dalton is a better QB than Carson. Carson was a pick 6 machine for a long time. I don't think he started out like that.

Secondly, if Dalton demanded a trade, I for one would be happy for him. Same with AJ Green. Go someplace where you can win.

It's not like they're pulling a Kevin Durant. This team has legitimately sucked for 25+ years. THey're pulling a Kevin Garnett/Kevin Love.
I think a lot of Carson's troubles here started when the offensive line fell apart and we went more conservative on offense. I remember years ago (probably 2006) Marvin said in a press conference that the offense needed to work on "controlling the ball longer" and "take more time off the clock". Essentially, he believed the reason the defense was so horrible from 2005-2007 was because the offense scored too fast. Huge mistake IMO. Marvin seems to be under the impression it's the 1970's, that mostly every game will be low scoring and that ball control is the key to victory. BS. In this day and age, the goal should be to score on each and every possession. No lead is safe. I honestly think Marvin is happy to punt the ball away in certain situations where we burn some clock and the team has a lead, whether we lead by 3 or 24 points.

Anyway, Carson has never been good in a conservative offense. I don't get it, you'd think it would be easier for him but it's not. He struggled under the west coast type offense in his early years at USC and only put it all together his senior year when they ran an Air Coryell type offense. Carson thrives under complex, high-flying offensive schemes and flounders under basic, west coast offenses (see: his time in Oakland). When we dialed it down in Cincy Carson really began to struggle. Not a coincidence. When Carson wanted out I'm sure he believed most coaches would adapt their offenses to fit his strengths. Oakland obviously didn't, but then he found Bruce Arians. Unfortunately for him, Carson looks to be over the hill at this point. 
Reply/Quote
You're right, Marvin is still stuck in the past. Ball control, time of possession, punts, etc. Our special teams and field position control has been subpar this year (punt coverage, punt, FGs, etc). We can't run the ball, so there goes ball control and time of possession.

NE for a long time ran the score up, and the Bengals had the offense to do so last year, but didn't. Where we stopped at a 14-17 point lead, NE would push it to a 24 point lead, where we dwindled it down to be too close to comfort.

The days of Jerome Bettis ball are over.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:15 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think a lot of Carson's troubles here started when the offensive line fell apart and we went more conservative on offense. I remember years ago (probably 2006) Marvin said in a press conference that the offense needed to work on "controlling the ball longer" and "take more time off the clock". Essentially, he believed the reason the defense was so horrible from 2005-2007 was because the offense scored too fast. Huge mistake IMO. Marvin seems to be under the impression it's the 1970's, that mostly every game will be low scoring and that ball control is the key to victory. BS. In this day and age, the goal should be to score on each and every possession. No lead is safe. I honestly think Marvin is happy to punt the ball away in certain situations where we burn some clock and the team has a lead, whether we lead by 3 or 24 points.

Anyway, Carson has never been good in a conservative offense. I don't get it, you'd think it would be easier for him but it's not. He struggled under the west coast type offense in his early years at USC and only put it all together his senior year when they ran an Air Coryell type offense. Carson thrives under complex, high-flying offensive schemes and flounders under basic, west coast offenses (see: his time in Oakland). When we dialed it down in Cincy Carson really began to struggle. Not a coincidence. When Carson wanted out I'm sure he believed most coaches would adapt their offenses to fit his strengths. Oakland obviously didn't, but then he found Bruce Arians. Unfortunately for him, Carson looks to be over the hill at this point. 

I said the same thing about the line back then.  What's sad is we're seeing it happen again.  The main problem is the same as it was then.....pressure up the middle.  We still haven't replaced Richie Braham 10 years later.  However....yet again....it's the QBs fault.  Lather...rinse...repeat.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 06:26 PM)Tomkat Wrote: If that's what it takes to get rid of Marvin and perhaps turn things around, then I'm all for it.  Thoughts?

that no fan in their right mind wants to see the best 2 players on the team leave.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 09:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: I said the same thing about the line back then.  What's sad is we're seeing it happen again.  The main problem is the same as it was then.....pressure up the middle.  We still haven't replaced Richie Braham 10 years later.  However....yet again....it's the QBs fault.  Lather...rinse...repeat.

Truth.

How do the coaches possibly allow Bodine to hold his place after below average performances game after game

I really hope AJ gets to play for a legitimate franchise before he retires. Same with Andy.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the problem is the coaches allow him to hold his place AND Andy does. I wonder if Tom Brady would put up with this bullshit offensive line. Andy needs to get visibly mad. Then again it's all just a game and someone's feelings would get hurt (like Nugent, if you told him the truth, that he flat out suxors).

AJ said it once, Andy needs to get time to throw. The problem is those people protect Andy, you get mad at them...they'll just let people through. But how would that be any different than what's happening now? xD  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, AJ might be hoping Dalton demands a trade.

What do you mean 'might be'?

AJ is hoping Dalton does.

He's been sitting on the bench all year. Ninja
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Can we trade you?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Maybe the problem is the coaches allow him to hold his place AND Andy does. I wonder if Tom Brady would put up with this bullshit offensive line. Andy needs to get visibly mad. Then again it's all just a game and someone's feelings would get hurt (like Nugent, if you told him the truth, that he flat out suxors).

AJ said it once, Andy needs to get time to throw. The problem is those people protect Andy, you get mad at them...they'll just let people through. But how would that be any different than what's happening now? xD  :andy:

The person who needs  to be yelled at the most is Mike Brown, and the past 25+ years have made me realize the only person on earth he might listen to has been buried for 25+ years.
Reply/Quote
I would be so happy if Dalton would demand a trade, AJ no. I feel bad for AJ having to play with a QB like Dalton always throwing high getting him hurt. Dalton would be total garbage without AJ...
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:22 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: I would be so happy if Dalton would demand a trade, AJ no. I feel bad for AJ having to play with a QB like Dalton always throwing high getting him hurt. Dalton would be total garbage without AJ...

Lol
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 08:22 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: I would be so happy if Dalton would demand a trade, AJ no. I feel bad for AJ having to play with a QB like Dalton always throwing high getting him hurt. Dalton would be total garbage without AJ...

Wow, another Dalton hater who hid in the closet for year and a half.  What a surprise. Rolleyes

Lot of these guys showing up all of a sudden.  Wonder whats up with that?
Reply/Quote
I would hate it but if we could get Marvin to go with them I'd consider it for sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 07:44 PM)Beaker Wrote: Can we trade you?

No.  Because, unlike most players nowadays, I am committed and dedicated to this team.   Tongue
Reply/Quote

I kin haz footballs.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote