Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope fans stop
(11-24-2016, 01:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, eating the $300 plus per game I spend on four tickets and forfeiting my PSLs, which cost several thousand when I bought them before the new stadium opened will somehow improve the team?

No thanks.  I will continue to go with my Father until he is no longer able.  At that point, I might let them go...my son could care less (lucky kid) and I wouldn't want to go alone.

I'm with you on this.  Refusing to go to the games is only punishing you and your family.  Mike Brown is 107 year old gazillionaire...nothing we do is going to hurt him.  The fact that he is still a "GM" after all he's botched in 20+ years speaks volumes to how much he cares about the impact his actions have.

So it goes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:21 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Ok well I can understand your reasoning.I'm just pointing out we can cry and moan on the forums about never winning anything significant every year. But they won't do nothing about anything until attendance takes a big hit.when they look in the stands and see their product isn't working.I know one thing I love this team, I spend a lot of my time reading and involved,and almost everything they do year round dissapoints me.  That's like being in a unhappy marriage or abusive relationship. Some of these fans we got are just happy to be fans. And will be sheep to anything and everything they do. 

If it helps my standing, I don't eat or drink or buy anything once I am inside....My own personal protest.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm with you on this.  Refusing to go to the games is only punishing you and your family.  Mike Brown is 107 year old gazillionaire...nothing we do is going to hurt him.  The fact that he is still a "GM" after all he's botched in 20+ years speaks volumes to how much he cares about the impact his actions have.

So it goes.

I know your frustration very well, but I think Brown has done an excellent job assembling the talent.  If Dalton's hand isn't broken last season, they could have won the Super Bowl.  Marvin moves on, and we have Hue.  That one incident can't be Mike Brown's fault.  

They were literally that close....that is what hurts so badly.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know your frustration very well, but I think Brown has done an excellent job assembling the talent.  If Dalton's hand isn't broken last season, they could have won the Super Bowl.  Marvin moves on, and we have Hue.  That one incident can't be Mike Brown's fault.  

Yeah it seemed so close, I thought it had to be a conspiracy and fixed. Or I'm looking at it this year, as if marvin held any player accountable even last year, we win in the playoffs and go far. Literally we have seen Mike nugent mess up games before, if we had a good kicker like some teams do, we beat Denver with aj mccaron.Russell bodine doesn't do a bad snap either in ot. Everyone forgets that part. There's two guys right there alone he never held accountable. We will never win like that, ever. I do not see Marvin's blank face hosting a trophy as a hc. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If it helps my standing, I don't eat or drink or buy anything once I am inside....My own personal protest.  Nervous

I fail at this terribly. Usually buy about 8 beers per game for myself and 2 for my Colts loving wife. Every time I hand over a twenty and get petty change back, I am mortified. Costs me about $300 per game in beer and a stop at the pro-shop.

Edit: I can't afford to go to many games. Hehe.

Reply/Quote
Total people with OP so far = 0
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:11 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Hey how ya doing Fred toasts son. Nice to meet ya. Im sure you will be at the games win or lose. You're just happy to be a fan lol

I like sarcastic barbs as much as anyone, but damn man, that was weak.
Reply/Quote
I watched the Bills game on TV. They panned the stadium at the start of the game. It looked like half the stadium was empty. Maybe people have gotten the message already.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, eating the $300 plus per game I spend on four tickets and forfeiting my PSLs, which cost several thousand when I bought them before the new stadium opened will somehow improve the team?

No thanks.  I will continue to go with my Father until he is no longer able.  At that point, I might let them go...my son could care less (lucky kid) and I wouldn't want to go alone.

Damn brother, that is a lot of dough you fork over for your team and i praise thee.

I would do the same if i could. Family is everything and God, my family, you guys and the most definately the Bengals are all my family.

This team of players is a good one to watch no matter what our record is.

They compete as they should, they are as talented as any team in the league.

I don't think we will change MB's mind by not going to games. He has to have the desire to win a SB.

He might or Katie or Troy might. We can only hope they do and get a coach that has this desire.

If they do and we get a good coach with a high draft pick we might all see what we always wanted to...

Might is the key word.

In the end i have learned to understand it is only a game no matter how much it hurts it doesn't help to get emotional about it.

It is entertainment and the best game in the world.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know your frustration very well, but I think Brown has done an excellent job assembling the talent.  If Dalton's hand isn't broken last season, they could have won the Super Bowl.  Marvin moves on, and we have Hue.  That one incident can't be Mike Brown's fault.  

The Dalton injury stunk, but it's hard to assume a team with our resume could go on a postseason tear.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 05:48 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I watched the Bills game on TV. They panned the stadium at the start of the game. It looked like half the stadium was empty. Maybe people have gotten the message already.
The lower level was pretty full, the East side club maybe half full, and the upper deck was maybe 3/4 full.  It never filled up.  

I think an even more telling sign was that people were leaving with 5-10 minutes left in the fourth quarter and it was just a one score game.  They way they couldn't move the ball you just knew they weren't going to score another point and you might as well beat the traffic.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Man I finally moved to Cincy this August and was HAPPY to finally be able to go to games this season.

Then we took the field

Oh hell naw I'm not wasting a whole sunday and 500$ to see this shit
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 01:24 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: GOING TO THE GAMES. It's the only way to make a change.  It's clear as day Marvin and his coaching staff doesnt have a clue.  No change at kicker.  Bringing Ced instead of our first rounder lol who ever agrees with that you are crazy as Lewis. Not only do we have a PS running back for a reason, there's also a lot of other unsigned rbs out there waiting on a chance. Should we even get excited for our first rounder next year?  Why they never play under Lewis, if they do it's very little. Have they ever heard of rookie of the year. Marvin says what's that?  

This is countless dumb moves by the coaching staff, it's not going to get better, we as fans have to make a stand. Because they literally don't care what we say as long as it's a full stadium.that's how we talk or get through to Mike brown.  I don't care if it's even blacked out.  Listen on the radio. Let marvin coach a empty stadium lol he will quit then.

What FA kicker improves the position?  We brought in the same guys the Vikings did, and they took one of them who immediately did worse than ours did, so there is no way to improve the position until the off season.  Making the change now is kind of throwing in the towel when we are not yet out of the race.

WJ3 would come in as #5 on the depth chart.  This will not bring a drastic improvement to the defense, whereas Peerman can bring improvement to special teams as well as adding experience to the backfield.  Again we would be throwing in the towel to go with WJ3, so the right decision was made there as well.

There are a ton of new pieces on this team in the way of both players and coaches, so there is no reason to believe this is more than a down year as the new pieces become familiar with the systems on each side of the ball.  If the kicking game and right tackle are addressed in the off season, we can be right back on top next season.
Reply/Quote
Will still be going to the rest of the games.

Bengal fan through the good, the bad, and the ugly.

But get why people who have not bought tickets would refrain from doing so the way this disappointing season is going.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 04:29 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Total people with OP so far = 0

The OPs sentiments are valid. Unfortunately Mikey is insulated from any kind of fan boycott. A massive letter writing campaign to the FO may have a bit more success than not attending games. Because he gets a big chunk of cash from TV revenue sharing, etc. Mikey could care less about the fans. :paul:
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 11:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What FA kicker improves the position?  We brought in the same guys the Vikings did, and they took one of them who immediately did worse than ours did, so there is no way to improve the position until the off season.  Making the change now is kind of throwing in the towel when we are not yet out of the race.

WJ3 would come in as #5 on the depth chart.  This will not bring a drastic improvement to the defense, whereas Peerman can bring improvement to special teams as well as adding experience to the backfield.  Again we would be throwing in the towel to go with WJ3, so the right decision was made there as well.

There are a ton of new pieces on this team in the way of both players and coaches, so there is no reason to believe this is more than a down year as the new pieces become familiar with the systems on each side of the ball.  If the kicking game and right tackle are addressed in the off season, we can be right back on top next season.
You guys are the type of fans who would probably be blindly optimistic to the team your whole life.and I can tell you don't know football. The Vikings new kicker misses pat 's ? Thats what its really come down to is there is nobody who can kick a pat? Really??and about wj3 have you seen the guy move? Hes easily the most talented corner we got.not experienced in the nfl but most talented.give him 4 games and he could easily be in the rotation.you probably are the same type of people who said hed be 5th string all year long with no chance to play.but look at how our secondary has been.go learn football to you or anyone else like you.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 03:02 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I can tell you don't know football.

You don't know as much as you think you know.

You really are a youngster.   :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 09:53 AM)Harmening Wrote: You don't know as much as you think you know.

You really are a youngster.   :andy:

I think you're wasting your time with this guy.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 12:54 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Will still be going to the rest of the games.

Bengal fan through the good, the bad, and the ugly.

But get why people who have not bought tickets would refrain from doing so the way this disappointing season is going.

Me as well.  I'm 50 years old, and after a lifetime of not having the money or time (or spouse) to do so, I finally purchased some upper deck seats with the opening of PBS.  Some years later I was able to move down into some club seats.  I know that many people can not afford the money or time or do not possess the health to do what I get to do, so I do not take it for granted.  I also know I won't be able to do it forever.  So, I cherish the time that I get to spend with family, friends, and occasionally co-workers, at the games, and not Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, Mike Nugent, or anyone on a message board will make me feel differently.  

(11-25-2016, 02:38 AM)Derrick Wrote: The OPs sentiments are valid. Unfortunately Mikey is insulated from any kind of fan boycott. A massive letter writing campaign to the FO may have a bit more success than not attending games. Because he gets a big chunk of cash from TV revenue sharing, etc. Mikey could care less about the fans. :paul:

Take solace in the fact that he can't live forever.  Hopefully that will be the catalyst for change in this organization.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 10:01 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think you're wasting your time with this guy.

I think you're right.
Reply/Quote