Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I hope next year
Is the year you guys finally get a Super Bowl. Seriously I think you guys can finally win one next year. Buffalo and KC once again will be the only competition. The refs screwed you guys this year big time.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 07:25 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Is the year you guys finally get a Super Bowl. Seriously I think you guys can finally win one next year. Buffalo and KC once again will be the only competition. The refs screwed you guys this year big time.

Thanks brother, we need to solidify that oline with healthy starters and at least adequate backups and we should be ok.

How is the Rodgers hostage situation going?

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 07:25 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Is the year you guys finally get a Super Bowl. Seriously I think you guys can finally win one next year. Buffalo and KC once again will be the only competition. The refs screwed you guys this year big time.

Thanks brother and agree with Casear that if the Bengals bolster the O-line we will be ok
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 07:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Thanks brother, we need to solidify that oline with healthy starters and at least adequate backups and we should be ok.

How is the Rodgers hostage situation going?

Yep

We get better at OT and perhaps LG and we're on our way. And we have to beg, borrow, or steal some better depth. Adeniji just doesn't cut it.

Thanks PB
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 10:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:
(02-15-2023, 10:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The argument can be made that based upon scores Volson did not trend upward as the season went along grade wise.

I would say that Volson coming in as 4th Rounder from a terribly low college division, that he could not have had a more difficult task out of the gate.

He faced these guys and their season ending PFF Ranking:
Chris Jones #1 (twice)
Quinnen Williams #3
Cam Heyward #5  (twice)
Derrick Brown #7
Christian Wilkins #9
Punkass Simmons #10
Calais Campbell #15 (twice)

Cordell had excellent games vs:
Cowboys 87.6 PBLK
Ravens 71.5 (Game 1)
Falcons 75.3 RBLK
Browns 72.1 Overall (Game 1)
Chiefs 76.6 Overall (Game 1)
Patriots 74.8 PBLK
Bills 68.0 RBLK
Chiefs 79.7 RBLK (Game 2)

I would think that he will improve next season, other than AD he cant play any better players than he did this year, and he will have a year's worth of experience.

He is older so I don't expect to see a tremendous jump in size, strength or athletic ability, but this season had to provide priceless experience. He will not be learning a new system and practicing at multiple spots this preseason.  He is set at LG, with a year playing next to Jonah and Karras, no need to get acquainted.  Every indicator says he should improve. 

I actually just made a case for Volson, see the post above, tell me where Im wrong.
Quality depth is needed without a doubt.

Reply/Quote

Appreciate it, PB, and appreciate you.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2023, 10:27 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I actually just made a case for Volson, see the post above, tell me where Im wrong.  
Quality depth is needed without a doubt.

This is kinda how I look at it. 

Starting from the left - I'm not at all sold that Williams is a long term answer? Add in the injury concerns and I have one eyebrow way up! Volson played well all things considered. But the broken record continues, I'm not sure he's a long term answer? Will he take a step forward this coming season? I guess what I'm trying to say is if there's an upgrade I wouldn't be upset if he's put back to backup.

With Cappa and Karras I think we're in decent shape at C and RG if they both come back healthy and ready to go. Now the big one. I'm very hesitant to have any faith in Collins for the next season. 1. Can he even make it back with the knee and the back issues? 2. He's just not all that good at pass pro. And the knee isn't likely to help him improve on that. 

Now for the backups. I get it you're never going to have 5 Pro Bowlers sitting on the bench. But we have to be able to do better than Adeniji. I'm finally seeing some hope in Carman ,BUTT, I'm still not convinced he's that great either.

All in all I'm still very concerned about our Oline corps. And I hope and pray that above a new RB, TE, CB and so on. They put fairly major emphasis on fixing the Oline, again.

This team is going to live or die on Joe Burrow. Lets focus on that fact.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 11:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is kinda how I look at it. 

Starting from the left - I'm not at all sold that Williams is a long term answer? Add in the injury concerns and I have one eyebrow way up! Volson played well all things considered. But the broken record continues, I'm not sure he's a long term answer? Will he take a step forward this coming season? I guess what I'm trying to say is if there's an upgrade I wouldn't be upset if he's put back to backup.

With Cappa and Karras I think we're in decent shape at C and RG if they both come back healthy and ready to go. Now the big one. I'm very hesitant to have any faith in Collins for the next season. 1. Can he even make it back with the knee and the back issues? 2. He's just not all that good at pass pro. And the knee isn't likely to help him improve on that. 

Now for the backups. I get it you're never going to have 5 Pro Bowlers sitting on the bench. But we have to be able to do better than Adeniji. I'm finally seeing some hope in Carman ,BUTT, I'm still not convinced he's that great either.

All in all I'm still very concerned about our Oline corps. And I hope and pray that above a new RB, TE, CB and so on. They put fairly major emphasis on fixing the Oline, again.

This team is going to live or die on Joe Burrow. Lets focus on that fact.

I couldnt agree more.

Jonah will be the LT this season for 12.6M reasons, hopefully Carmen pushes him.  It is on Jonah to step up big time for that 2nd contract or he is out.

The wont give up on Volson this soon, I'd like to see him take the step to being consistent.

LT is my emergency concern and why I want Darnell Wright taken with the 1st round pick.  The guy is a plug-n-play RT immediately, and we can hopefully not worry about RT for a decade.

Carmen is decent depth at tackle.
Im not an Adeniji fan whatsoever, at least not at guard or RT.
Because we switched to more of a gap scheme Ben Brown may make more sense.  UDFA that was hurt last spring training, kid has an injury history regretfully which is why he wasnt drafted, was very good in the SEC at Ole Miss.  But if he is healthy he can provided depth at guard and center, possibly freeing up Trey Hill's spot....

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2023, 12:13 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I couldnt agree more.

Jonah will be the LT this season for 12.6M reasons, hopefully Carmen pushes him.  It is on Jonah to step up big time for that 2nd contract or he is out.

The wont give up on Volson this soon, I'd like to see him take the step to being consistent.

LT is my emergency concern and why I want Darnell Wright taken with the 1st round pick.  The guy is a plug-n-play RT immediately, and we can hopefully not worry about RT for a decade.

Carmen is decent depth at tackle.
Im not an Adeniji fan whatsoever, at least not at guard or RT.
Because we switched to more of a gap scheme Ben Brown may make more sense.  UDFA that was hurt last spring training, kid has an injury history regretfully which is why he wasnt drafted, was very good in the SEC at Ole Miss.  But if he is healthy he can provided depth at guard and center, possibly freeing up Trey Hill's spot....

I think this staff ( and I mean special teams as well) hangs onto guys too long. I’m talking depth guys. I understand it makes life easier.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote