Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This has been the nicest fall
In years. I am loving it! It is late October and it is 60 degrees yet! A week ago it was 80 degrees in October! That is impressive! Leaves are at full color now and cut the lawn for the last time this year. I am holding out hope this continues in November! You guys get those Asian beetles down there when it warms up in the fall? They look identical to ladybugs. In the fall they are all over up here. You guys ever see 90 degrees in October down there or November?
Reply/Quote
Can't say I recall 90's in October in Greater Cincinnati. 80+ is pretty rare for around here this time of the year too. A few days in the 70's maybe, but that's about it, to the best of my memory anyway.

Forecast for tomorrow is 79, and 76 on Friday then back to the 60's. Thank you El Nino! I'll be on the golf course....probably looking for a ball under some leaves half the day LOL
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
You guys ever seen snow in October down there? I know it snowed already up in Upper Michigan already. That is 3 hours north of Green Bay.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 09:49 PM)packerbacker Wrote: In years. I am loving it! It is late October and it is 60 degrees yet! A week ago it was 80 degrees in October! That is impressive! Leaves are at full color now and cut the lawn for the last time this year. I am holding out hope this continues in November! You guys get those Asian beetles down there when it warms up in the fall? They look identical to ladybugs. In the fall they are all over up here. You guys ever see 90 degrees in October down there or November?

Winter is coming........
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Winter is coming........

I've seen conflicting reports on this Winter. From what I understand the Almanacs predict it to be a rough one; however, many say El Nino will cause it to be a mild one. Personally I'm pulling for El Nino.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've seen conflicting reports on this Winter. From what I understand the Almanacs predict it to be a rough one; however, many say El Nino will cause it to be a mild one. Personally I'm pulling for El Nino.

I'm all for the El Nino too.  We are due for a very mild winter.  It wasn't that long ago we saw 3 15 inch blizzards in a matter of 4 weeks.  I know that's nothing compared to what Buffalo and Boston have seen, but it was ENOUGH for me and my old snow blower.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Its been a really nice fall here so far as well. i could go for a milder winter myself. last winter we didn't get a ton of snow (we dont get as much as most people think) but it was colder than a hookers heart.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've seen conflicting reports on this Winter. From what I understand the Almanacs predict it to be a rough one; however, many say El Nino will cause it to be a mild one. Personally I'm pulling for El Nino.

my sinuses want it to be cold lol.. I figured due to the mild summer we were in for a pretty heavy dose of winter this year (or mostly early next year)

I personally wouldnt mind a mild winter as it would keep me from having to replace tires on a dying car.. but i love the snow. i was actually a little jeolous of the upper east coast but then thought of my dog trying to go outside lol.
Reply/Quote
Two years ago we had a horrible winter! We had like 55 days of subzero temps. It started around Thanksgiving and didn't get over till the first week of May. I never want to see that again.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 04:41 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Two years ago we had a horrible winter! We had like 55 days of subzero temps. It started around Thanksgiving and didn't get over till the first week of May. I never want to see that again.

not sure how old you are packer but the older you get the worse it is.  after 40 everything sucks!  when it gets that cold my body hurts.
Reply/Quote
It did hurt. My hands were froze lol. Toronto probably isn't as bad as here.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure you get it worse than i do. barfalo is only a one hour drive from me but they get a ton more snow than i do. we probably get 4 major snow storms here and that's on the high end. lots of moisture in the air though so when its cold it gets in your bones.
Reply/Quote
We didn't have much last year at all but the year before we had 70 inches. Across the lake in Traverse City down to Grand Rapids they got like 150 inches in some places.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 04:57 PM)packerbacker Wrote: We didn't have much last year at all but the year before we had 70 inches. Across the lake in Traverse City down to Grand Rapids they got like 150 inches in some places.

you have a dog sled team?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 02:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you have a dog sled team?

Lol nope. I watched the Dog sled races in the past. I watched them in the Upper peninsula of Michigan and they were great!
Reply/Quote