Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I keep going back and forth between that Chase juke and long TD against KC or the….
Lions Mixon run where Jamarr Chase busted his ass to block the guy which allowed Mixon to score as my favorite Chase play of 2021-2022.

The Lions plays was just great tape to have out there. That’s a play where Chase can give up and Mixon then has to break a tackle and may or may not score. But he made sure he was involved in the play and totally plastered the defender with a block which got Joe an easy TD. I like the play because of the effort but it was also a good summary of how unselfish the team was as a whole.

But i keep coming back to the Chiefs play where Chase planted that foot, juked and outran everyone for 60+ yards. The timing of the play was just so great. We were down 14 and it was starting to look like a game you turn off. If you remember Mahommes started that game off what felt like 20/20 for 2 TDs. That TD changed the game and got everyone back focused, players AND fans. I just remember being so hype as he was scoring that.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
“Tiger on Tiger crime” as the Honey Badger put it.

Honestly - it’s on the short list for the best TD I’ve ever seen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 12:24 AM)Housh Wrote: Lions Mixon run where Jamarr Chase busted his ass to block the guy which allowed Mixon to score as my favorite Chase play of 2021-2022.

The Lions plays was just great tape to have out there. That’s a play where Chase can give up and Mixon then has to break a tackle and may or may not score. But he made sure he was involved in the play and totally plastered the defender with a block which got Joe an easy TD. I like the play because of the effort but it was also a good summary of how unselfish the team was as a whole.

But i keep coming back to the Chiefs play where Chase planted that foot, juked and outran everyone for 60+ yards. The timing of the play was just so great. We were down 14 and it was starting to look like a game you turn off. If you remember Mahommes started that game off what felt like 20/20 for 2 TDs. That TD changed the game and got everyone back focused, players AND fans. I just remember being so hype as he was scoring that.

I'm pretty sure that Mixon play was a pass(only because I saw someone break that play down about a week ago) but still very cool.

I still laugh at the KC play. I can just see a coach running that play on the practice field "OK, on this play . . . Burrow, hit Chase as he's coming out of his hook. Chase? You make a cut and then out run everyone to the end zone. OK, guys. On two. Break!"
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Of all the great things we saw Chase do in rookie season. That block is still my favorite of all of them. The hustle, the "want to" factor that Lap always talks about, and then to finish it off with a pancake. Thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 12:24 AM)Housh Wrote: Lions Mixon run where Jamarr Chase busted his ass to block the guy which allowed Mixon to score as my favorite Chase play of 2021-2022.

The Mixon block is such a great play.  Chase is well behind Mixon to start the play, then blows right by him, stalks the DB down field, and puts him on the ground.  That's just a case of an incredible athlete showing a ton of desire to win and help his teammates succeed.  Even more impressive is that it wasn't like this was in the clutch against a top tier team.  This was in the first half against a bad Lions team.  

"Chase is on the case" from the first KC game is different, but arguably more impressive.  I don't know what surprised me more, the fact that he started back towards the backside pursuit or the fact that he managed to outrun everyone.  Even though we saw it before in the first Baltimore game, I think that confirmed that he was going to be a guy who came through in big games.  I popped in the GameDay thread after his third TD and someone had posted a picture of Atlas holding up the world with the caption "Ja'Marr Chase right now" and it was very apropos.
Reply/Quote
I loved the block against Detroit myself... That was pure hustle. I think my favorite play was the TD vs Green Bay where Burrow was running for his life, and chucked it while Chase came running from the opposite side of the field. The 3rd and 27 against KC was also nice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
As far as sheer impact I believe a lot of fans are forgetting what we all felt when Chase had that 50 yd TD opening day against the Vikings. Up to that point there were still a lot of people claiming Chase would be a bust because of his drops and that we messed up big time by not taking Sewell.

Seems silly now, but it was a real big issue back then.
Reply/Quote
tha Baltimore play where he spins out of being tackled by 3 guys and then takes it to the house
Reply/Quote
So many great plays by Chase last year. If I had to vote though it would be the block followed by the Chiefs play
where he had like 6 defenders around him and somehow ended up going the distance. Also love the Ravens play
with his amazing balance and how he just spinned off the defender as Frank said. The Ravens had to take notice
that we now have a crazy gamechanger in the Division.

Fred's point about the first game also was a big deal, the drops were a serious issue before that with Ja'Marr.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As far as sheer impact I believe a lot of fans are forgetting what we all felt when Chase had that 50 yd TD opening day against the Vikings.  Up to that point there were still a lot of people claiming Chase would be a bust because of his drops and that we messed up big time by not taking Sewell.

Seems silly now, but it was a real big issue back then.

My son picked Chase up for his fantasy team very late, because everyone had bought the hype that he couldn't catch the ball and would be a bust. He said they laughed and mocked him when he made the pick.  After that opening day TD, my son sent me a text with a bunch of exclamation marks. (My son also won a lot of money because he bet Chase for OROY). 

The KC play was one of my all-time favorites. It was just so stunning seeing him surrounded by KC players and sure to get caught and just outrun them all. And not in a meaningless game, but a very important one.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 02:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: tha Baltimore play where he spins out of being tackled by 3 guys and then takes it to the house

That's my personal favorite offensive play of last season.
Reply/Quote

EXCELLENT plays. Call me crazy but I think he was also the downfield WR blocking on Perine’s screen TD against KC. Dude is tenacious. Gotta love it.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 03:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: My son picked Chase up for his fantasy team very late, because everyone had bought the hype that he couldn't catch the ball and would be a bust. He said they laughed and mocked him when he made the pick.  After that opening day TD, my son sent me a text with a bunch of exclamation marks. (My son also won a lot of money because he bet Chase for OROY). 

The KC play was one of my all-time favorites. It was just so stunning seeing him surrounded by KC players and sure to get caught and just outrun them all. And not in a meaningless game, but a very important one.

The thing about Chase in that play is he never really looked like he was moving as fast as he was. I kept thinking no way he outruns them all, but he just kept accelerating past them.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

That play against KC Uzomah actually saw him breaking and got down field and made a key block. I'm not too sure Chase scores without that block. 

I had been trying to think of a thread about Chase because leading up to the 2021 draft I started out as a Sewell guy but then excepted Chase as the pick and actually got excited about it before the pick. I thought he was solid and liked the experience with Burrow. I used AJ as the baseline in the fact I think Green was top 5 talent but I wasn't sure Chase really was but I thought he was still the right pick. But after this past season he might be better then AJ from a talent perspective. Although it's hard telling since AJ was handcuffed to Dalton and I think that capped his potential and hurt his career.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 03:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: My son picked Chase up for his fantasy team very late, because everyone had bought the hype that he couldn't catch the ball and would be a bust. He said they laughed and mocked him when he made the pick.  After that opening day TD, my son sent me a text with a bunch of exclamation marks. (My son also won a lot of money because he bet Chase for OROY). 

I wanted us to take Sewell, but I never hated on Chase.  I am a big SEC fan.  I had watched him play a lot on college.  I knew he was a badass.

But the drops in pre-season were a legitimate concern.  I knew he didn't have a problem in college with drops, but that did not change the fact that he dropped way too many in preseason.

So while the plays against the Chiefs and Ravens were more spectacular, that TD against the Vikings lifted a big weight off my concerns about Chase.  It felt really, really good.
Reply/Quote
Don't forget Chase doing a spin move and juking three Rat defenders who were literally 5 or less feet from him and breaking free for a long TD.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 21420f9e98d4514f8ca1e35b0166f85d]

The block against the Lions was great, as was the long TD against the Ravens, but this one in the back of the end zone against the Niners was probably my 2nd favorite. It was just straight up Chase and Burrow creating and making magic together. Plays like that really showcased their already established chemistry.

Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 10:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 21420f9e98d4514f8ca1e35b0166f85d]

The block against the Lions was great, as was the long TD against the Ravens, but this one in the back of the end zone against the Niners was probably my 2nd favorite. It was just straight up Chase and Burrow creating and making magic together. Plays like that really showcased their already established chemistry.

Yeah, that was a combination of both of them. Great play from Burrow and Chase against the Niners. Cool
Reply/Quote
I’ll admit that I had doubts about Chase’s ability to block and take plays off from some college tape. Then the preseason games I had some doubts. Then came the regular season and he erased all of those doubts. Really dedicated to team success and works hard for his and his teammates success. Looks like another great receiver for our Bengals
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2022, 10:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 21420f9e98d4514f8ca1e35b0166f85d]

It does not get enough credit because we lost, but that was Burrows best play of the entire season.
Reply/Quote