Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I kinda think Lewis might be gone
Might be just wishful thinking though. But he looked very disgusted at the presser after the game yesterday and looked fed up for the most part. Guess we shall see either today or tomorrow
Reply/Quote
...in 2027...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 09:04 AM)Trademark Wrote: Might be just wishful thinking though. But he looked very disgusted at the presser after the game yesterday and looked fed up for the most part. Guess we shall see either today or tomorrow

Wonder how fed up with making 6 mil a year and having no one to answer to he really is. He's just fed up with people having the audacity to want him to answer for three straight ugly losing seasons.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If he is and they give Hue the job, there is going to be a report of an explosion down here in Florida. It will be my head from a blood pressure spike.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 09:55 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: ...in 2027...

In the year 2525
if Mike Brown is still alive
Bengals fans may awake to find
Marvin Lewis as a HC will still survive 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:01 AM)McC Wrote: Wonder how fed up with making 6 mil a year and having no one to answer to he really is.  He's just fed up with people having the audacity to want him to answer for three straight ugly losing seasons.

^This is the thing right here^ 

Marvin Lewis thinks he's above reproach. He's become so ingrained in the MB way that he thinks they're both right and the rest of the world is wrong ! To hell with the mountain of evidence.

"The players just need to play better"

He's not fed up with anything until someone tries to hold him accountable.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:43 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: ^This is the thing right here^ 

Marvin Lewis thinks he's above reproach. He's become so ingrained in the MB way that he thinks they're both right and the rest of the world is wrong ! To hell with the mountain of evidence.

I think Mike and Marvin know they are both just riding things out for their own gains because they can and the frustration comes from fans and the media not accepting the obvious truth.  If I'm Marvin Lewis fielding these same questions I'd probably snap and say "Listen, you know I can't tell you that we aren't trying to be as legit as other franchises, but why do I even need to spell it out to you people?  Geez, can't you just get the picture, already?"

Marvin is only human, and there he is, week after week, year after year, decade after decade rehashing the same old tired statements about why things aren't peachy keen in Cincy because he just can't tell us the truth that has been slapping us in the face.  Frustration is the key word, here.

[Image: 15.jpg]
Reply/Quote

IDK.  Maybe we'll get lucky and the rumors about Arizona wanting him will be true.  He might like the money, but would he stay here if another team offered him more to coach in a place he wants to be?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:14 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: If he is and they give Hue the job, there is going to be a report of an explosion down here in Florida. It will be my head from a blood pressure spike.

I wonder how close you live to me, as I am in Florida as well. There will be an explosion at my place from me stuffing my lifetime collection of Bengals gear into a gasoline drenched pit and lighting it on fire. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

I’ve not really cared to listen to the press conferences, but do any reporters ever ask Marvin how they will do better? If so, what does he respond with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 10:58 AM)samhain Wrote: IDK.  Maybe we'll get lucky and the rumors about Arizona wanting him will be true.  He might like the money, but would he stay here if another team offered him more to coach in a place he wants to be?

I can't see the future, but the idea of the Cardinals going with a played-out defensive-minded HC to couple with their new QB when the rest of the NFL indicates that's a rotten idea is laughable.  Off the top of my head you have:

Goff and the Rams going from Fischer to McVay
Trubisky and the Bears going from Fox to Nagy
Luck and the Colts going from Pagano to Reich (though this is more about Luck's shoulder, I guess)
the Jets and Darnold getting rid of Bowles

that's all I have off the top of my head, but the idea of the Cardinals pairing a new QB with a retread DC is just...well, I'd laugh.  Good luck to Rosen in that case!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:01 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I wonder how close you live to me, as I am in Florida as well. There will be an explosion at my place from me stuffing my lifetime collection of Bengals gear into a gasoline drenched pit and lighting it on fire. 

Just don’t do it in Manitowoc County, WI. You might get wrongfully accused.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I’ve not really cared to listen to the press conferences, but do any reporters ever ask Marvin how they will do better? If so, what does he respond with?

Arrogance and condescension.  Rudeness.  Sarcasm. 

It'll always be one of the above.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:06 AM)McC Wrote: Arrogance and condescension.  Rudeness.  Sarcasm. 

It'll always be one of the above.

I'm serious...I'm with Marvin on this one.  You all know Mike Brown doesn't care and he can't say that.  Stop asking him the same questions and expecting him to tell the truth.  Sad, but true.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't see the future, but the idea of the Cardinals going with a played-out defensive-minded HC to couple with their new QB when the rest of the NFL indicates that's a rotten idea is laughable.  Off the top of my head you have:

Goff and the Rams going from Fischer to McVay
Trubisky and the Bears going from Fox to Nagy
Luck and the Colts going from Pagano to Reich (though this is more about Luck's shoulder, I guess)
the Jets and Darnold getting rid of Bowles

that's all I have off the top of my head, but the idea of the Cardinals pairing a new QB with a retread DC is just...well, I'd laugh.  Good luck to Rosen in that case!

Well, I'd agree with most of that, but the Bidwells don't exactly have a reputation for being genius owners with a burning desire to win.  Maybe they see that Marvin had limited success building rosters and working with one of the other trash owners of the league and find it appealing.  

Some people in charge want driven winners who will lead their organizations to success despite being demanding/difficult at times.  Others just want docile pushovers that will toe the company line and take the heat when things go bad.  Marvin's the perfect guy for that.  

Is that the case here?  I wouldn't bet money on it, but I can hope.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:20 AM)samhain Wrote: Well, I'd agree with most of that, but the Bidwells don't exactly have a reputation for being genius owners with a burning desire to win.  Maybe they see that Marvin had limited success building rosters and working with one of the other trash owners of the league and find it appealing.  

Some people in charge want driven winners who will lead their organizations to success despite being demanding/difficult at times.  Others just want docile pushovers that will toe the company line and take the heat when things go bad.  Marvin's the perfect guy for that.  

Is that the case here?  I wouldn't bet money on it, but I can hope.

I could see that.  I'm a little surprised they actually drafted a Cali QB high when they could have said Rosen would be the next Matt Leinert and they should get and old vet and try to get more of that sweet, sweet, Kurt n' Carson magic going.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:01 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I wonder how close you live to me, as I am in Florida as well. There will be an explosion at my place from me stuffing my lifetime collection of Bengals gear into a gasoline drenched pit and lighting it on fire. 

I’m a panhandler so it is possible we are still worlds apart lol

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:26 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’m a panhandler so it is possible we are still worlds apart lol

Get a job, ya bum!  Oh wait....no no I stand by what I said.
Reply/Quote
Looks like I was right lol. Just had a feeling lol
Reply/Quote

So there’s at least three of us in the state.......I actually would have thought fewer, but I’m a glass is half empty kind of guy.
Reply/Quote