Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I knew
(10-16-2018, 05:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Such silliness...

There was plenty of time on the clock and they had 2 timeouts. Bengals were inside the steelers 40 at the 2:00 warning. Dave Lapham agrees and Mo Eggar agrees. 

[Image: willy-wonka-good-day-sir.png]

Link to Eggars and Lapham.  I want to hear exactly what they say the Bengals should have done to burn more time.

Anyone who claims a team that has not scored a td in an entire half can ease up and waste plays 34 yards from the end zone with 2 minutes left  doesn't know much about football.

Unless you want to limit the offense to using the sidelines you only get 8 or 9 plays in 2 minutes with 2 timeouts.  And that is going no-huddle which can limit an offense's ability to call plays or make adjustments.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link to Eggars and Lapham.  I want to hear exactly what they say the Bengals should have done to burn more time.

Anyone who claims a team that has not scored a td in an entire half can ease up and waste plays 34 yards from the end zone with 2 minutes left  doesn't know much about football.

Unless you want to limit the offense to using the sidelines you only get 8 or 9 plays in 2 minutes with 2 timeouts.  And that is going no-huddle which can limit an offense's ability to call plays or make adjustments.

Bengals line last night for Lapham and Mo's show this afternoon.

Podcast, yo.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 11:58 PM)jorev5 Wrote: I totally agree, mixon could've stopped at the 1yd line.  Kill some clock

Was talking to a guy at work and he said the same thing.  But, I can't recall having ever witnessed a player with an open path to the end zone doing a slide or flop at the one yard line, at any level of football.  Not to say it hasn't happened somewhere at sometime, but it'd have to be a pretty rare occurrence.  

The opportunities to burn time (letting the play clock run down, staying in bounds) were already lost by the time Mixon was handed that ball.  He had to finish it off, so I cant blame him.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I would think about it this way. Would you rather put the game on the line with the ball, 1st and goal on the 1 yd line, with a minute to go, or give the ball back. I'd rather put it in the hands of our offense
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 07:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Was talking to a guy at work and he said the same thing.  But, I can't recall having ever witnessed a player with an open path to the end zone doing a slide or flop at the one yard line, at any level of football.  Not to say it hasn't happened somewhere at sometime, but it'd have to be a pretty rare occurrence.  

I've seen it happen a few times in the NFL. IIRC, though, they all occurred when the team about to score a TD was already ahead and the TD would've basically iced the game. I can't recall ANY team that was losing the game not score intentionally when they had an open path to the end zone.

I agree with the thought that the offense should've snapped the ball when the play clock was at 5 or less and that AJ should not have run out of bounds, but aside from that, the offense NEEDED to score and it did. You can't blame this loss on the offense - aside from them not scoring at all in the 2nd half until that drive.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 05:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Such silliness...

There was plenty of time on the clock and they had 2 timeouts. Bengals were inside the steelers 40 at the 2:00 warning. Dave Lapham agrees and Mo Eggar agrees. 

[Image: willy-wonka-good-day-sir.png]

Could that last offense drive been a little more perfect? Sure... but you can say that about the rest of the game dropped balls pressure etc...

Fact of the matter is losing in the 4th quarter the offense put them in position to win the game. The defenses job was to stand up grow a pair and finish and they couldnt...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
People complain when the Bengals take too much time off the clock and also when they don’t. The Bengals put faith in their defense to do their job and they didn’t. Point blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
For all you phychics out there with perfect 20/20 hind sight what's the size, weight and species of the next fish I'll catch when the Bengals are losing? I need to plan my Sunday dinner menus ahead of time .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 10:53 AM)Synric Wrote: Could that last offense drive been a little more perfect? Sure... but you can say that about the rest of the game dropped balls pressure etc...

Fact of the matter is losing in the 4th quarter the offense put them in position to win the game. The defenses job was to stand up grow a pair and finish and they couldnt...

I'm not saying it was the reason they lost. Just that it could have been handled better.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote