Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know I'm probably in the minority here but......
Me too...but without Boyd, Green, and Dalton...I just don't see us winning out.
Reply/Quote
I agree with The Pistons, without those guys winning out seems out of the question. Maybe we should just let Ross QB and run the option with him , Mixon and Bernard all game like Nebraska back in the day. Line up heavy and just pound it every play. Sounds insane but it may produce more offense than we will without Boyd Green and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see them beat the Brownies and Steelers for sure. At least it would be something in an otherwise disappointing season. Definitely don't want to get swept by the turds. Mellow

It's kind of weird how the last 3 seasons have played out, especially if they can win at least one of the next two:

In 2016, they go 3-7-1 ... then 3-2 over the last 5.

In 2017, they go 5-9 ... then win their last 2.

In 2018, they go 5-8 ... then ?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:09 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Beating Cleveland this coming Sunday would eliminate them from the playoffs and would also return them to last place in the division. That would be nice!

If the Squeelers lose to NO and Baltimore wins either of their last two games (Chargers or Browns), a win by the Bengals over the Squeelers in week 17 would keep them from winning the division and might even end their playoff hopes, depending on how Indy and Tennessee do in their final two games.

So I'm rooting for the team to win out.

Same here, want the Stains to finish last in the Division and to keep the Stoolers from winning the Division.

We can do it, the Defense is actually playing pretty damn good the last two games even if the Raiders aren't very
good those are two very talented QB's and some talented RB's. Lots of talent on both teams even if the Raiders
record doesn't show it. The guys on Defense are tackling and the D-line is getting after the QB.

Hubbard, Geno and Dunlap look really good right now and our CB's are playing much more aggressive man.

On Offense Driskel has to play better though, he missed a lot yesterday. Mixon is a beast right now and the O-line
is opening up holes for him. The Receivers need to step up though, namely Ross and Uzi. What has happened to
Malone BTW? Seen nothing from this guy.
Reply/Quote
Brady was a 7th rounder. Our first round draft picks of late can't buy a ticket to the Pro Bowl. Not worried about out draft position. Beat the snot out of the Steelers and show our rookie that he is joining a team that will fight to win.
Reply/Quote
As others say.....2 draft spots won't really matter.  I'm interested in seeing Mixon get his 1000, we got to see Boyd get his Sunday.  I'd like to see John Ross make a few splash plays, and the defense continue to get better.  Winning the next two games would be sweet revenge, especially the Stoolers.  Mark me down for wanting to win.....Merv's status is solidified at this point, one way or another with management.  The question is what will HE decide to do?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:58 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: As others say.....2 draft spots won't really matter. I'm interested in seeing Mixon get his 1000, we got to see Boyd get his Sunday.  I'd like to see John Ross make a few splash plays, and the defense continue to get better.  Winning the next two games would be sweet revenge, especially the Stoolers.  Mark me down for wanting to win.....Merv's status is solidified at this point, one way or another with management.  The question is what will HE decide to do?

He only needs 5 yds. Hopefully he gets it on the very first run.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 03:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He only needs 5 yds. Hopefully he gets it on the very first run.

Yep.....I'd like to see a 1300 yd + season. Shocked

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, want the Stains to finish last in the Division and to keep the Stoolers from winning the Division.

We can do it, the Defense is actually playing pretty damn good the last two games even if the Raiders aren't very
good those are two very talented QB's and some talented RB's. Lots of talent on both teams even if the Raiders
record doesn't show it. The guys on Defense are tackling and the D-line is getting after the QB.

Hubbard, Geno and Dunlap look really good right now and our CB's are playing much more aggressive man.

On Offense Driskel has to play better though, he missed a lot yesterday. Mixon is a beast right now and the O-line
is opening up holes for him. The Receivers need to step up though, namely Ross and Uzi. What has happened to
Malone BTW? Seen nothing from this guy.

If Driskel picks up his game and doesn't over/under throw guys and the rest of the team plays like they have the last two weeks, it is possible - I hope.

Reply/Quote
I'm still of the opinion that if we beat Pittsburgh it'll be because they threw the game so we don't get rid of Marv.. 
If it's already been determined Marv will be back it won't matter either way .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 08:01 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: The thought of wanting the Bengals to lose to the Clowns or Pukesburg just to get a better draft pick is lost on me.  I cant stand the fans of either team.  Since I am a northern Ohio fan, ever since the Clowns have started winning, its just sickening to me to hear all the B.S. they are spouting.  I know we all want a coaching change and good draft picks, but I still want the Bengals to bash both Mayfield and Stupidberger into the ground.  Mike Brown is gonna do what he is gonna do.  Winning or losing doesn't seem to change his mind one way or another so I hope they beat both of the teams I hate the most!  Anyone else agree?

I'm with yah man! Rock On
Reply/Quote
How ironic would it be if the coach who can't beat Pittsburgh keeps his job by beating Pittsburgh?

...then resumes losing to Pittsburgh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 03:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....I'd like to see a 1300 yd + season. Shocked

He would've had it, had he not missed a couple games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He would've had it, had he not missed a couple games.

Yep.....or he puts up 150 each of the next two. Cool

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:25 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep.....or he puts up 150 each of the next two. Cool

Or if Lazor gave him more than 15 carries in half our games...

Reply/Quote
With the way the defense has been over the past two games the Bengals stand a good chance of winning at least one of the last two games. The better scenario would be if Pittsburgh loses to the Saints next week and then the Bengals knock them out of the playoffs by beating them on the last day. Yesterday's win by the Steelers was more about the Patriot's decline than how good the Steelers are.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He would've had it, had he not missed a couple games.

(12-17-2018, 04:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or if Lazor gave him more than 15 carries in half our games...

Sure has had a great year considering all of this.

(12-17-2018, 04:58 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: With the way the defense has been over the past two games the Bengals stand a good chance of winning at least one of the last two games. The better scenario would be if Pittsburgh loses to the Saints next week and then the Bengals knock them out of the playoffs by beating them on the last day. Yesterday's win by the Steelers was more about the Patriot's decline than how good the Steelers are.

Man i would love it if we knocked the Steelers out of the Playoffs.

Regardless of if we win these next two games Marv should be gone after this year unless for some crazy chance
we snuck into the playoffs as the last seed and won a playoff game. He needs to go terribly bad.
Reply/Quote
I understand wanting to have a top 5-10 draft pick.

But it's never a good thing for a team to be losing.   You want a winning culture.   So I hope they win out despite being sad about losing a higher draft pick

I want a team that aches to win.  I'd rather have our team overachieve than underachieve.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 05:06 PM)3wt Wrote: I understand wanting to have a top 5-10 draft pick.

But it's never a good thing for a team to be losing.   You want a winning culture.   So I hope they win out despite being sad about losing a higher draft pick

I want a team that aches to win.  I'd rather have our team overachieve than underachieve.

Plus, with all of those vaunted comp picks, we can always trade up in the draft. Ninja

Reply/Quote
I care more about the bengals beating the Steelers than i do about osu beating Michigan... although i admit, i dont remember what losing to michigan feels like..

If the bengals went 2 and 14 and those 2 wins were against the Steelers, i would be marginally satisfied.

So yeah.. cheers to beating the crap out of the Steelers!!!
Reply/Quote