Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know Im The Only Person Who Wants This..
I would still love it if we got Rex Ryan as DC. Aside from his brash personality he has always produced a top defensive unit. Having him running the defense would be a great transformation. He hasn't exactly been the ideal head coach but as a DC he produces consistent top defenses in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 07:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: I would still love it if we got Rex Ryan as DC. Aside from his brash personality he has always produced a top defensive unit. Having him running the defense would be a great transformation. He hasn't exactly been the ideal head coach but as a DC he produces consistent top defenses in the NFL.

I have warmed up to the idea as these coaches have filtered out.

Bottom line i want Taylor to pick the coaches he wants. If he likes Rex so be it.

Never liked the guy but he has been a very good DC in the past and knows the AFC North very well.
Reply/Quote
If it true that Taylor didn't want Del Rio, makes me wonder if Taylor afraid of getting a DC with a bigger name/personality than his own that might undermine him in the locker room with the players.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 07:54 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: If it true that Taylor didn't want Del Rio, makes me wonder if Taylor afraid of getting a DC with a bigger name/personality than his own that might undermine him in the locker room with the players.

This is what i initially thought as well than i heard some rumour about Rex flying into Cincy.

Cannot confirm the rumour though.
Reply/Quote
Well, there's definitely nothing "cutting edge" about Rex Ryan, but he is experienced. Experienced with NFL defenses, buffet tables, weight watchers, and likely buffet tables again..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 07:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: I would still love it if we got Rex Ryan as DC. Aside from his brash personality he has always produced a top defensive unit. Having him running the defense would be a great transformation. He hasn't exactly been the ideal head coach but as a DC he produces consistent top defenses in the NFL.

Revolutionary... we were talking about this 5 hours ago

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, there's definitely nothing "cutting edge" about Rex Ryan, but he is experienced. Experienced with NFL defenses, buffet tables, weight watchers, and likely buffet tables again..

I wonder if he still owns a razor phone?

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 07:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what i initially thought as well than i heard some rumour about Rex flying into Cincy.

Cannot confirm the rumour though.

Was it like a bro to bro rumor, a tweet rumor, or something you saw in a bathroom written over a hole in the wall? Ninja

Reply/Quote
Not alone. We could use some fire on defense.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The DBs would certainly have the best footwork in the league under Rex.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Was it like a bro to bro rumor, a tweet rumor, or something you saw in a bathroom written over a hole in the wall? Ninja

Lol, just saw it in another thread somewhere, cannot find it now.

Probably BS but might not be with how slim the pick'ens are getting...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 08:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, there's definitely nothing "cutting edge" about Rex Ryan, but he is experienced. Experienced with NFL defenses, buffet tables, weight watchers, and likely buffet tables again..

You forgot toes...
Reply/Quote

Not the only one, apparently.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ny-sports-rex-ryan-bengals-20190214-story.html
Reply/Quote
I've been trying to find a spot for the guy on the Defensive staff all offseason.

He should have been considered early given the post Superbowl options. Someone should have remembered him from his days tormenting the North (Tobin), and suggested him.

So I'm not sure he's a legit option. Or if he is, he isn't a one they feel strongly about or seem interested in, and that doesn't bode well for a Ryan return.

I'm considering applying for the position.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 07:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have warmed up to the idea as these coaches have filtered out.

Bottom line i want Taylor to pick the coaches he wants. If he likes Rex so be it.

Never liked the guy but he has been a very good DC in the past and knows the AFC North very well.

I agree, I want him to pick what he wants and thinks will bring a championship to Cincy. Sink or swim.... I just personally would love to see Rex here. 

(02-14-2019, 07:54 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: If it true that Taylor didn't want Del Rio, makes me wonder if Taylor afraid of getting a DC with a bigger name/personality than his own that might undermine him in the locker room with the players.

Then that's an ego issue and not whats best for the team. 

(02-14-2019, 08:12 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Not alone. We could use some fire on defense.

He has always turned a team into a strong defense. I think he could do great things with our players. Rams defense is strong because of Wade Phillips, Rex would be our seasoned experience answer to the defense we need.

(02-14-2019, 09:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not the only one, apparently.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ny-sports-rex-ryan-bengals-20190214-story.html

"Consider the facts: Ryan’s units have finished in the Top 6 in total defense in eight of 12 seasons as a coordinator and/or head coach. He’s finished in the Top 6 in points allowed four times. He also orchestrated two defenses that led the league in fewest yards and points allowed twice.

Translation: Rex can flat-out coach defense."
Reply/Quote
Kind of like the idea of good pub from espn too, if we have one of “their guys” on the team.
Reply/Quote
John Fox seems like a good fit too.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: John Fox seems like a good fit too.

Yes he would also be a good fit. Im hoping we get some successful experienced DC as a hire.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes he would also be a good fit. Im hoping we get some successful experienced DC as a hire.

To me, it's a must.
Reply/Quote
Damn sure wouldn't hate it.  I was in the minority early on in the search, pining for John Fox.  I think he'd be at least a good bridge hire.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote