Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know how to fix the OL!
Just because there aren't enough threads on this particular subject (and maybe the Bengals brass reads these forums and might, just might start to realize that maybe, just maybe there's a problem with the ol), I've found the perfect solution to our OL woes.

Women.

Seriously, either line up the cheerleaders or sign some bit- er players from the Lingerie League to play OL. Guarantee they won't get bulldozed and they won't get pushed around because if so, they just either cry tears or cry "sexism" or some similar thing and the other team's DL will be neurtalized.

Mike Brown might be willing if we can get our own cheerleaders to do it because don't they already get paid like $50 a game or something? Plus, he can proclaim himself a champion of women's rights.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Almost feel as if you could just cut them all and then pick up 5 players off practice squads and not do any worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Vikings did that this year, they just picked up 5 brand new Olineman this year, and somehow its working for them.

Lets do that?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Almost feel as if you could just cut them all and then pick up 5 players off practice squads and not do any worse.

You're on the right track but i would take it farther.  I believe the six of them should be taken out and shot, and their position coach too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I just realized, as much as Dalton is committed to his wife, can you imagine how much he might 'enjoy' putting his hands under center waiting for the snap? You'll know he'll be in trouble at home when every play the play clock goes to 1 before snapping the ball. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:13 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Vikings did that this year, they just picked up 5 brand new Olineman this year, and somehow its working for them.

Lets do that?

.....but the Vikings are committed to winning, not some stupid "model"; which is code for "saving money".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
JASON SHIRELY!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

5 Sumo wrestlers aught to do it though.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:13 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Vikings did that this year, they just picked up 5 brand new Olineman this year, and somehow its working for them.

Lets do that?

Vikings went about it differently than the Bengals would though. Bengals were anti-big $$ for OL unless it was Whitworth. The problem with Whitworth was not enough years/guaranteed $$.

Vikings brought in an established FA for LT in Riley Reiff.
They brought in an established FA for RT in Mike Remmers (also formerly a Viking).
They shuffled around their interior OL and made Nick Easton the starting LG and Joe Berger their starting RG.
They drafted Elflein to be their starting C.
They also drafted Danny Isidora as a backup OG who has filled in games due to injury this year. They also drafted Aviante Collins to backup OT and groom.

Bengals only need four new OL, not five.
Only 1-2 of those OL should come from the draft.
Sign two OL in FA.
Consider moving Fisher and/or Ogbuehi to RG in offseason to see how they do.

What I'd do:
Given the list of upcoming FAs, I'd look to re-sign Andre Smith and make him permanent RT and then pick up a vet FA center. There are few solid options.
Draft a LT since the only viable LT for FA looks like it would be Solder and another team would likely scoop him up if NE would even risk him leaving. Draft interior OL. Maybe one who could play either RG or C for that versatility.
Have Ogbuehi, Fisher, and said interior OL draft pick compete for starting RG spot.

Line fixed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No thank you on the cheerleaders playing football. I don't want my future exwife, Channel 9's early morning traffic girl, Jaclyn Deaugustino getting maimed for life. I want our children to know their mother, not her memory.
Reply/Quote
Could probably pull 5 random fat guys out of the stands and do just as well.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
How about MMA training for the entire offensive line in the offseason? It's worked wonders for Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
I think I've identified the problem. A rare outbreak of Haphephobia went through the OLine room. Turns out they don't need coaching. They need counseling.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious I just realized, as much as Dalton is committed to his wife, can you imagine how much he might 'enjoy' putting his hands under center waiting for the snap? You'll know he'll be in trouble at home when every play the play clock goes to 1 before snapping the ball. Smirk ???
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Almost feel as if you could just cut them all and then pick up 5 players off practice squads and not do any worse.

No doubt.  But seriously, watching the tape in the Lance McCallister thread something is not right.  There is no way these guys are this bad.  It has to be coaching.  In most of those clips there are guys there to block but they are taking the wrong DL or linebacker.  They are not reading what the defense is doing pre-snap (formation wise) and making the right decisions.  This is not talent related, it's coaching.  Sure they are getting beat on some plays badly but that happens in to all OL.

Our OL are missing assignments badly, very easy to see on tape.  There is no way these guys are this stupid so it has to be coaching.  

Maybe guys like Whitworth and Richie Braham covered Paul Alexander's a$$ on the field while they were here?  And now they're gone we get to see his true worth, which is pure garbage.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:14 PM)McC Wrote: Could probably pull 5 random fat guys out of the stands and do just as well.

I'm a random fat guy with a total knee replacement, they called me and asked if I'd be interested in playing left tackle.! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 04:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 5 Sumo wrestlers aught to do it though.

Andre proved that don't work.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 03:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Andre proved that don't work.

Except the line started playing better once they started using him, though. I mean, yeah, it still sucks, but it went from being a total dumpster fire, to just plain garbage.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 03:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Except the line started playing better once they started using him, though. I mean, yeah, it still sucks, but it went from being a total dumpster fire, to just plain garbage.

If you concur it was turned to just plain smoldering garbage? I will agree and we have a deal!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 03:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If you concur it was turned to just plain smoldering garbage? I will agree and we have a deal!

[Image: 7fiAUr8.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 05:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: 7fiAUr8.jpg]

Now see how easy that was Browns and Bengals? Shit, you didn’t respond by 4pm. Hilarious

Reply/Quote