Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know it's just a message board and all but...
(09-15-2015, 10:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Should of is more of a colloquialism than a misunderstanding of what the words are.

Nah...Urban Dictionary has it right.

should of

What idiots say instead of should have. It makes most people want to stab the offender to death.
"I should have not said "should of", becuase after I did I got a screwdriver to the face."
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:29 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: How bout you go back....read all the posts I quoted right above my post....then re-evaluate your reading comprehension.  If you need I can quote it all again and highlight what you missed, just let me know.

How 'bout no?

I know what you said. I know what you meant. Your joke was tortured and overlong, and reading it again would only redouble a painful, unfunny experience. Your arrogant defense shows me you know it was a poor attempt at humor, and suggests it was still the best a troglodyte like you could muster. That you immediately resort to insults, yet still are willing to overexplain something written at a third grade level (however insincere the offer was) only supports the conclusion that you are insecure about your own ability to communicate coherent thought.

Have a nice day, and maybe spend some time in self-reflection before raging at others online?

Again, it's worth repeating... Your "joke" would have been funnier if you had simply said, "The Bengals are more like the Bangles than an NFL squad".
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:42 AM)Ryuko Wrote: How 'bout no?

I know what you said. I know what you meant. Your joke was tortured and overlong, and reading it again would only redouble a painful, unfunny experience. Your arrogant defense shows me you know it was a poor attempt at humor, and suggests it was still the best a troglodyte like you could muster. That you immediately resort to insults, yet still are willing to overexplain something written at a third grade level (however insincere the offer was) only supports the conclusion that you are insecure about your own ability to communicate coherent thought.

Have a nice day, and maybe spend some time in self-reflection before raging at others online?

Again, it's worth repeating... Your "joke" would have been funnier if you had simply said, "The Bengals are more like the Bangles than an NFL squad".
Insults...LOL...I was only following your lead.

As for your 'again'...No it wouldn't.  It 'would have' boring and entirely devoid of creativity.  Literally.  

This even worse than when I thought you had just misread it.  Your need for your brand of wit leaves no room for that of others to the point that you feel the need to attack it with your own brand of arrogance, that you are to dimwitted to realize, while trumpeting your anger at being rebuked for it.

LOL.. You are funny though, just not in the way you might like.

Reply/Quote
Or how about when people don't know when words are supposed to be separate.

overexplain vs over explain or over-explain

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: Context makes it a moot point really. Do you understand them? Then why get bent out of shape? Life is too short to worry about other people's grammar.

This.
Reply/Quote
there, their, they're.  Its not that important to get all bent out of shape.  Far more important matters to get bent outta shape at.  i.e. the price of gas, taxes, politics, religion, Beaker's mom, etc. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What is the difference in pronunciation between these two words?

I'd like an explanation for this as well. Now I say it in my head and wonder if I'm pronouncing my own team's name wrong. 
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 03:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What is the difference in pronunciation between these two words?

(09-15-2015, 04:58 PM)Bengals23 Wrote: I'd like an explanation for this as well. Now I say it in my head and wonder if I'm pronouncing my own team's name wrong. 

Just say the first part like the name Ben and add gals after it. The 80's band is pronounced as BANG-les.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:42 AM)Ryuko Wrote: Again, it's worth repeating... Your "joke" would have been funnier if you had simply said, "The Bengals are more like the Bangles than an NFL squad".

No. His way was funnier. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
"Sour grapes" is always misused.
Reply/Quote
It's definitely, not defiantly.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. His way was funnier. 

Agreed
Reply/Quote
This has turned into a hate thread and I will NOT allow you're words too dis-inspire me. I have alot of opinions on this matter, but others would like to keep it they're way in this discussion, and I two have given up on ya'll.

EDIT: I just reread this, and it makes no since.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This has turned into a hate thread and I will NOT allow you're words too dis-inspire me.  I have alot of opinions on this matter, but others would like to keep it they're way in this discussion, and I two have given up on ya'll.

EDIT:  I just reread this, and it makes no since.

This would of been better if you had used brevity and just said "improper words can be funny as well".  

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 09:22 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This would of been better if you had used brevity and just said "improper words can be funny as well".  

English Teacher here, you all ain't as smart as you think you are....   So stop trying to tell people how to post messages with correct grammer.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 05:02 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: English Teacher here, you all ain't as smart as you think you are....   So stop trying to tell people how to post messages with correct grammer.

Nuh huh....

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:06 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Just say the first part like the name Ben and add gals after it. The 80's band is pronounced as BANG-les.

Like the name "Ben"?  That's the sound you make when saying the first syllable of "Bengals"?  I don't really think that I know a single person who actually says it like that.  I've been paying attention to it since the whole "bangles" fiasco, and that is exactly how everyone says it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 05:27 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Like the name "Ben"?  That's the sound you make when saying the first syllable of "Bengals"?  I don't really think that I know a single person who actually says it like that.  I've been paying attention to it since the whole "bangles" fiasco, and that is exactly how everyone says it.

Bing-gals.

Not Ben-gals
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bing-gals.

Not Ben-gals

Bang-gulls > bing-gals, and the rest of the city agrees with me whether they want to or not.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
As long as we're on the subject of pronunciation, it's not pronounced "D-Fense" but "Duh-Fense".
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote