Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSIS 2019 Mock Draft
Round 1: LB Devin White LSU 6’1” 240
We need to change the face of our defense. Having Devin White in the middle of the field for all 3 downs is an excellent start. He is every adjective you want in a linebacker. Fast, tough, hard hitting, coverage, all of it.

Round 2: OT David Edwards Wisconsin 6’7” 315
I have wanted a Wisconsin lineman forever. David Edwards isn’t the best to ever come out, but he is the easy Day 1 starter at RT. Normally I like the huge Offensive Lineman, but I begrudging think the game is changing. With speed rushers all over the field a lineman needs quickness. Edwards was a TE in High School and has good lateral movement and feet. He also brings great power to go along with the great feet.

Round 3: TE T.J. Hockenson Iowa 6’5” 250
Similar to needing a different type offensive lineman I say the same with TE. If I had to describe T.J. In 2 words it would be “Athletic Tenacity” he can move and catch effortlessly. He blocking is totally crazy. Does need a little seasoning, but he is the man.

Round 4: G Beau Benzschawel Wisconsin 6’5” 320
I’m going back to Wisconsin for my starting RG. Why not?!? Keep him right next to Edwards for 10 years. Familiarity with each other will help transition into pro game and relationship is already built. Beau isn’t known for his fluidity for sure, but he is strong like bull! It would be so amazing to switch out our Right side in the first 4 rounds.

Round 5: DE Anthony Nelson Iowa 6’7” 270
Staying in the Big 10, I’m going to the other side of the line. Fifth round pick that may never hit starter level, but a reliable hard working lineman. A guy that could potentially slip inside on some passing downs and bat some balls down or push the pocket. I see him as a Glasgow type that just works his tail off.

Round 6: DT Chris Slayton Syracuse 6’4” 310
A seasoned and I believe overlooked college player. Really good power and quickness. A little more of a run stopping type. He can penetrate and had a bunch of tackles for loss. He makes the team over current DT’s Scott and Ringo. Probably over Washington and Tupou as well. Solid player.

Round 6: SS Amani Hooker Iowa 6’0” 210
He is a converted linebacker who had an excellent year last year. Sill very raw and learning position. Probably coming out a year early, but he is capitalizing on his Second Team All American campaign so I guess I can’t blame him. Definitely worth a flyer. He might go earlier, but I’m not crazy about him too much higher...

Round 6: TE Tommy Sweeney BC 6’5” 265
I’m taking another TE for depth. Super solid player. Nothing amazing or flashy, but a guy that eliminates 3 random filler TE’s we carry now. He backs up Hockenson and Uzomah.

Round 6: QB Easton Stick NDSU 6’2” 220
Dude’s a winner. NDSU is awesome. I’m up here so we hear about him. Leadership and good attributes for a solid backup. Sat and learned behind Carson Wentz for a few years. Yes please.

Round 6: LB Nate Harvey East Carolina 6’1” 225
Pure Athlete here again. Like Hooker, he only had 1 year of production. Could be lightening on a bottle. 12 games, 24.5 TFL and 12 sacks. Video game numbers. History as a running back and should be immediately on special teams. Makes the team as last LB. we need to clean house there anyway.

Round 7: RB Jeremy Cox Old Dominion 6’0” 235
Big, powerful back that has some speed when he gets to the edge. Might not have incredible straight line speed, but seems to have unbelievable burst and cutting ability. I’m intrigued.
Reply/Quote
I like the draft.

But a big reason is where the players are slotted. Hockenson has a real chance to be a first round pick and I don't see Benzschawel getting out of the second.

Easton Stick had a rough week at the east west shrine practices but he will get a chance to show up in the game at 3 PM EST today. Jordan Ta'amu is a guy to watch today too. He looks like he has all the physical traits but has to learn alot of the subtleties of QB play like eye discipline.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't get me wrong, I like Edwards potential. He does have good feet. He needs a stronger base though. Opponents figured out they could bull rush him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote