Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
I like when the Cincinnati Bengals win football Games
When We are 3-13 again next year. I wanna see everyone say how these meaningless wins helped so much... We are killing the draft with every one. No way they beat Baltimore next week needing a win for the playoffs. I just hope whoever the Texans play rest starters. I think Tennessee and we can get back to pick 3 and still have a shot at Sewell..
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'Late season Zac' is at least competitive, now 4-5 in in December. 

The problem is the other Zac, who is an abysmal 2-19-1 in all other months.

IMO, it's similar to scoring a couple of touchdowns in the final minutes of a blowout. While the past 2 weeks have been extremely fun to watch and it's awesome to see these back to back wins...I think it's also fair to be a skeptical about whether it's really indicative of anything more than playing well in end of the year games.

I hope I'm wrong though, and it leads to good things next year, because Zac will obviously be back.

Why do you hope you're wrong? I don't understand people that make a statement then add, I hope I am wrong.....
We have young players that are starting to play well. We have found 2 quality OGs and exciting franchise QB. Somebody tell me why we fans can't be excited for what might be in store for the future? 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:38 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why do you hope you're wrong? I don't understand people that make a statement then add, I hope I am wrong.....
We have young players that are starting to play well. We have found 2 quality OGs and exciting franchise QB. Somebody tell me why we fans can't be excited for what might be in store for the future? 

More like two serviceable guards. Ideally Spain and XSF are not starters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:38 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why do you hope you're wrong? I don't understand people that make a statement then add, I hope I am wrong.....

Fans can be excited if they want, or skeptical if they want, or whatever the case many be. I'm not sure how one fan's opinion means another fan can't have a completely different opinion?
Reply/Quote

Because this is a thread about enjoying Bengal's victories in a forum that is for Bengal's fans. You cannot come in here and shit on that without ending with the disclaimer..."I hope I'm wrong"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because this is a thread about enjoying Bengal's victories in a forum that is for Bengal's fans. You cannot come in here and shit on that without ending with the disclaimer..."I hope I'm wrong"

Or...people can absolutely enjoy the wins, but still have legitimate concerns. Both things are possible, at the same time.

You know, the same way some fans used to enjoy wins, while still having issues with a certain Bengals QB.
Reply/Quote
Accidently rated the thread 1 star. Was not intentional.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:57 PM)Destro Wrote: Accidently rated the thread 1 star. Was not intentional.

I don't even know what that means. If I get so many can I no longer start a thread,ect...

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 10:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Or...people can absolutely enjoy the wins, but still have legitimate concerns. Both things are possible, at the same time.

You know, the same way some fans used to enjoy wins, while still having issues with a certain Bengals QB.

Dude, you can edit you posts without that little edit thing showing up....that's awesome.

Of course we's have to go back and check, but I usually tried to contain my critiques to the off season.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't look at it as a bad thing in any aspect.

I do when it’s meaningless and holds the team back from drafting one of the best OT prospects to come out of the draft in years. Yes, you don’t know what kind of player Sewell will be in the NFL but chances are they will be very good. 

I also see these two wins as excuses for the front office. It’s such a broken record we’ve seen year in and out with different coaching. The decision making in the front office is so mom-n-pop it’s ridiculous and they’ve just been handed a platter of excuses to keep the star for 2021. 

But I understand why you don’t think it’s a bad thing, I just think ahead and big picture in my mind, right or wrong.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Fans can be excited if they want, or skeptical if they want, or whatever the case many be. I'm not sure how one fan's opinion means another fan can't have a completely different opinion?

I agree 100%. Nothing pisses me off more than one fan telling another he’s not a fan or go find another team because their opinions aren’t aligned. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't even know what that means. If I get so many can I no longer start a thread,ect...

I have no idea. I floated over the star and clicked on it to see if it showed who/why it is one star and then said I voted one star. Tried hitting another and said I already rated the thread? I've been doing internet forums for about 20 years and a moderator for the past 13 and never rated a thread. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: I agree 100%. Nothing pisses me off more than one fan telling another he’s not a fan or go find another team because their opinions aren’t aligned. 

Lots of things piss me off more, but one thing that does in when the "realists" feel the need to interject their "realism" in a thread celebrating victory. There's PLENTY threads around here for the realists to share their opinion.  

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 09:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not so sure about Zac returning to Cincinnati in 2021. His resume is better now, after all:  He’s beat the Steelers, won a road game, and won two consecutive games.  He’s likely to finish 7-24-1 after two years but that’s still terrible at 0.219 and he’s not the long term answer.

True, and that makes absolute sense to the casual observer.  However, this is the Bengals team we are talking about.  Their management seems to be stricken with some sort of "foolish pride" condition, that prevents them from acknowledging a mistake and moving to correct it.

I know enough about Bengals history to see the writing on the wall about Zac Taylor getting his 3rd year to coach the team.  I can't turn my back on my favorite team because I want a different coach or the management won't make solid football decisions.  All I can do is hope for them to do well in spite of things, and try to envision a scenario where success is possible with all things contingent.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of things piss me off more, but one thing that does in when the "realists" feel the need to interject their "realism" in a thread celebrating victory. There's PLENTY threads around here for the realists to share their opinion.  

People can post anywhere they want, Piss you off or not. Maybe some get pissed off at the “Homers” who are happy with 3 wins a year and will settle for anything. 

So like it or not your stuck with all views/opinions.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: I agree 100%. Nothing pisses me off more than one fan telling another he’s not a fan or go find another team because their opinions aren’t aligned. 

(12-27-2020, 11:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: People can post anywhere they want, Piss you off or not. Maybe some get pissed off at the “Homers” who are happy with 3 wins a year and will settle for anything. 

So like it or not your stuck with all views/opinions.  

Thanks

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of things piss me off more, but one thing that does in when the "realists" feel the need to interject their "realism" in a thread celebrating victory. There's PLENTY threads around here for the realists to share their opinion.  

(12-27-2020, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks

Back at ya

Difference is I'm not telling them where and when they should post.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers came off the mat and beat the Colts, which shows the Bengal's win was no fluke and somebody figured out how to run on them. Yesterday, they won in a very well-quarterbacked game without two of their best offensive players and finally won a road game. Next Sunday they can start off 2021 by possibly knocking the Ravens out of the playoffs. To me, this is a lot more fun than putzing around trying to position for a better draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't look at it as a bad thing in any aspect.

Always like to see us win....

It does seem a trend though when the season is lost and a top 5 draft pick seems in hand....  We start winning meaningless games late to drop down the picking order lol...  But at this put it is tradition
Reply/Quote
Its tough being a Bengals fan due to our win & loss records. But as a fan I keep my dedication to the orange & black and keep my pouch of cat nip near by to clear my head when things go bad. Cat nip is like my smelling salts when things need to be cleared. And getting a win is a good feeling when the season as been down and out. There will always be 9 lives for my big cats. GO BENGALS.
Reply/Quote