Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll Be The First To .......
Welcome Joe Burrow to Cincinnati!

Glad to have you behind center Joe!!

IF this team does not have, at the very least, a winning season this year and be lifting a Lombardi by, NLT, 2024, fans will be throwing your jerseys at you like they did Carson Palmer!! Cool

PS You better not turn out to be a Dan Marino either!! The fans will NOT tolerate that as well!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Welcome Joe Burrow to Cincinnati!

IF this team does not have, at the very least, a winning season this year and be lifting a Lombardi by, NLT, 2024, fans will be throwing your jerseys at you like they did Carson Palmer!!  Cool

PS  You better not turn out to be a Dan Marino either!!  The fans will NOT tolerate that as well!

A little early to say that.

There is still some football and a whole lot of life's little obstacles between now and the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: A little early to say that.

There is still some football and a whole lot of life's little obstacles between now and the draft.

Besides, people have been hanging banners saying that already
Reply/Quote

Well said.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:31 PM)BoBengal Wrote: Well said.

It's a done deal ... because if they DON'T, the suicide rate will be off the charts in the Queen City!
Reply/Quote
I for one am super excited about Burrow. This is the type of player that has potential to change the trajectory of a franchise. We've needed an upgrade at QB for years and we've finally got it.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:41 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I for one am super excited about Burrow.  This is the type of player that has potential to change the trajectory of a franchise.  We've needed an upgrade at QB for years and we've finally got it.

Indeed!  I believe he can do it single-handidly!

He doesn't need a line or top 10 defense!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Indeed!  I believe he can do it single-handidly!

He doesn't need a line or top 10 defense!

Who said anything about not upgrading the offensive line or LB position? We're actually not that far off and this is coming from a guy that has been ridiculed for being too negative. 
Reply/Quote

Amen, and one of “life’s little obstacles” for Joe Burrow might prove to be Clemson’s defense. I hate Clemson and I can’t stand that smarmy Dabo Swinney but Brent Venables, the Tigers’ defensive coordinator, is a genius. He runs the closest thing to an NFL quality defense in the college ranks. I am looking forward to seeing what Venables puts together to stop LSU and specifically what Joe Burrow does in response. No disrespect to Oklahoma but their defense isn’t Clemson caliber.

After the LSU-Clemson championship game we’ll know a lot more about Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Amen, and one of “life’s little obstacles” for Joe Burrow might prove to be Clemson’s defense.  I hate Clemson and I can’t stand that smarmy Dabo Swinney but Brent Venables, the Tigers’ defensive coordinator, is a genius.  He runs the closest thing to an NFL quality defense in the college ranks.  I am looking forward to seeing what Venables puts together to stop LSU and specifically what Joe Burrow does in response.  No disrespect to Oklahoma but their defense isn’t Clemson caliber.  

Don't forget the "wonderful" officiating in the OSU game and that incompleted fumble.. officials have a nasty habit of undoing a lot of things.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's a done deal ... because if they DON'T, the suicide rate will be off the charts in the Queen City!

Burrow has one more game to play without getting Tua'd…...
Reply/Quote
We know all we need to know about Joe.

Clemson's D will fall like the rest of them. Might not be as easy as some D's he's faced, but no reason to think there will be a meltdown significant enough to drop him out of the top spot. LSU's Defense will be tested. LSU's offense will keep up.

It'll be a good game. But one good/bad game won't erase a full season's work.

Welcome to Cinci Burrow. I'll be the 2nd (thousand) person to say it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 04:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: Don't forget the "wonderful" officiating in the OSU game and that incompleted fumble.. officials have a nasty habit of undoing a lot of things.. 

Oh yes, but even as an OSU fan and alumnus, I admit the officials did not completely blow that game for the Buckeyes. What lost the game for Ohio State was Clemson’s Red Zone defense. I knew OSU might be in trouble because when they got in the Red Zone, too often they came away with three points instead of seven. That’s the sign of a good defense.
Reply/Quote
Tigers vs Tigers in Championship game. Coincidence?! ? .....probably. Draft nothing but LSU and Clemson players!
Reply/Quote
Okay, it needs to be done.

We need an official Bengals fan nickname for Joe Burrow.

When we drafted Carson Palmer he was the "Golden Boy."

When we drafted Andy Dalton it was the "Red Rifle."

I'm going to suggest a whole phrase for Joe Burrow.

Joe "Release the McCulkin" Burrow.

A play on the catchphrase "Release the Kraken" from the film "Clash of Titans" and the fact that he does kind of look like Macaulay Culkin.

For those that don't know the Kraken was basically a massive multi-limbed monster that roars menacingly, like Godzilla, and can destroy entire city's with the mere sweep of it's arms. It is the ultimate weapon of mass destruction for which there is no defense.

Which is coincidentally what Joe Burrow, who has been genetically modified with pure unadulterated Tiger blood from his youth, is going to do to NFL defenses. Ninja Ninja Ninja
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
& I'll be the 3rd person to welcome him. Drafting him & some linebacker/O-line help will put this franchise on the right path.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Welcome Joe Burrow to Cincinnati!

IF this team does not have, at the very least, a winning season this year and be lifting a Lombardi by, NLT, 2024, fans will be throwing your jerseys at you like they did Carson Palmer!! Cool

PS You better not turn out to be a Dan Marino either!! The fans will NOT tolerate that as well!

I think Boomer beat you when he handed Joe a Bengals helmet.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 04:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Oh yes, but even as an OSU fan and alumnus, I admit the officials did not completely blow that game for the Buckeyes. What lost the game for Ohio State was Clemson’s Red Zone defense. I knew OSU might be in trouble because when they got in the Red Zone, too often they came away with three points instead of seven. That’s the sign of a good defense.

Yep... At the time Wade was ejected for targeting, the Buckeyes should've been up 28-0. I thought that call was questionable too, as Lawrence lowered his head to brace for impact. Momentum definitely shifted after that.

Anywho... Welcome aboard Joe. Enjoy the honeymoon cause we're itching to call you the selfish quitter that you are.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 05:41 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: Okay, it needs to be done.

We need an official Bengals fan nickname for Joe Burrow.

When we drafted Carson Palmer he was the "Golden Boy."

When we drafted Andy Dalton it was the "Red Rifle."

I'm going to suggest a whole phrase for Joe Burrow.

Joe "Release the McCulkin" Burrow.

A play on the catchphrase "Release the Kraken" from the film "Clash of Titans" and the fact that he does kind of look like Macaulay Culkin.

For those that don't know the Kraken was basically a massive multi-limbed monster that roars menacingly, like Godzilla, and can destroy entire city's with the mere sweep of it's arms. It is the ultimate weapon of mass destruction for which there is no defense.

Which is coincidentally what Joe Burrow, who has been genetically modified with pure unadulterated Tiger blood from his youth, is going to do to NFL defenses. Ninja Ninja Ninja

A lil constructive criticism here... I think you need to keep working on a nickname. I'm hoping the veterans don't let him make it outta training camp with that kid hairdo too. Hopefully he takes care of it before then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Amen, and one of “life’s little obstacles” for Joe Burrow might prove to be Clemson’s defense. I hate Clemson and I can’t stand that smarmy Dabo Swinney but Brent Venables, the Tigers’ defensive coordinator, is a genius. He runs the closest thing to an NFL quality defense in the college ranks. I am looking forward to seeing what Venables puts together to stop LSU and specifically what Joe Burrow does in response. No disrespect to Oklahoma but their defense isn’t Clemson caliber.

We already know all we need to about Joe Burrow. One game is not going to change that. Especially with Young dropping off a bit down the stretch.

Reply/Quote