Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll Be The First To .......
(01-01-2020, 04:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow has one more game to play without getting Tua'd…...

Not worried about that game. It’s first day of training camp he has to make it out of. If history holds true he will be lucky enough to make it out of training camp without a season ending injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 10:10 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Not worried about that game.  It’s first day of training camp he has to make it out of.  If history holds true he will be lucky enough to make it out of training camp without a season ending injury.

Yeah what is all that about? we do seem to have a hell of a lot of injuries occuring to our 1st rd picks over the last 5 years.
I know Ced was injured coming out of the draft but it has hit us hard
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna call him The Wheel Burrow because he's going to haul Mike Brown's dead weight to the SB!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 09:42 PM)jason Wrote: A lil constructive criticism here... I think you need to keep working on a nickname. I'm hoping the veterans don't let him make it outta training camp with that kid hairdo too. Hopefully he takes care of it before then.

I know that at Ohio State Urban Meyer called him the "Division III quarterback" and that he said he "throws like a girl."

So I was thinking maybe an ironic name like "Average Joe", but that sounded too corny.

I know that the Ohio State strength coach called him "Jimmy John's", because nobody called him by his real name as a running joke.

However, I never really liked that nickname either.

As a Kentucky fan, I know LSU called him "Burbank Joe" and "BDJ" (Big D**K Joe).

Neither of which I like.

Then I thought "Wombat" because that is one of the largest burrowing animals, but that's pretty corny too.

I do like the "wheel burrow Joe" nickname though.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 01:22 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I know that at Ohio State Urban Meyer called him the "Division III quarterback" and that he said he "throws like a girl."

So I was thinking maybe an ironic name like "Average Joe", but that sounded too corny.

I know that the Ohio State strength coach called him "Jimmy John's", because nobody called him by his real name as a running joke.

However, I never really liked that nickname either.

As a Kentucky fan, I know LSU called him "Burbank Joe" and "BDJ" (Big D**K Joe).

Neither of which I like.

Then I thought "Wombat" because that is one of the largest burrowing animals, but that's pretty corny too.

I do like the "wheel burrow Joe" nickname though.

If it were me, some of these corny forced nicknames would be enough to keep me from signing here..... you can't "pick" a nickname for someone and have it stick, it has to be earned.... like "Fat Randy". Randy got fat. Randy got nicknamed. Burrow will pick up a name once he's here and does something notable. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 12:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If it were me, some of these corny forced nicknames would be enough to keep me from signing here..... you can't "pick" a nickname for someone and have it stick, it has to be earned.... like "Fat Randy". Randy got fat. Randy got nicknamed. Burrow will pick up a name once he's here and does something notable. 

Most of those were one's given to him though and were nicknames that did in fact stick.

I guarantee you that if you look up Joe Burrow on google you'll find articles, forums, etc. comparing him to Macaulay Culkin, Dash from the Incredibles and only God knows what else.

Also Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton were both dubbed before they had thrown a pass for the Bengals.

As has Joe Burrow. They called him "Shady" growing up in Ohio.

Also if Joe Burrow's internal fortitude is so weak, as to be shaken from making millions of dollars because a fan of his future team was trying to welcome him to his new team.

Then he doesn't need to be the leader of anything, let alone this team. 

But fortunately the guy that has said that he "thought he'd have a cooler nickname by now" and that looks up "superluminal time travel" in his free time and has described himself as "squidward" from Spongebob isn't probably going to be upset with a corny nickname.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:41 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I for one am super excited about Burrow.  This is the type of player that has potential to change the trajectory of a franchise.  We've needed an upgrade at QB for years and we've finally got it.

This, Carson was a good to great prospect, Dalton was a solid one and did well in the regular season but Burrow has some 
things I can only equate with the greatest QB of all time in Tom Brady. How anyone could not be super excited about getting
this guy on our Cincinnati Bengals I will never know. This guy was more accurate than Drew Brees in College FHS!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:47 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Who said anything about not upgrading the offensive line or LB position? We're actually not that far off and this is coming from a guy that has been ridiculed for being too negative. 

After 29 years, I don't have the confidence MB will pay to keep the talent he does have, and pay out what he needs to, to fill the holes!

Until he shows me to be wrong, I'll continue to hope for the best, and expect the worst!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 03:34 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's a done deal ... because if they DON'T, the suicide rate will be off the charts in the Queen City!

That's not entirely a bad thing..... Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 01:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: After 29 years, I don't have the confidence MB will pay to keep the talent he does have, and pay out what he needs to, to fill the holes!

Until he shows me to be wrong, I'll continue to hope for the best, and expect the worst!  Wink

:andy: :andy: :andy: 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote