Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll be going to the Saints Game next weekend...what should I check out in Cincy?
(11-01-2018, 05:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've been to Heinz Field and they actually have a ton of memorabilia including Super Bowl trophies.

Well, you see, the thing is...we don't have any of those.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OTR has apparently changed since my days of running things in the Cincy burbs. It used to be where you went to the street corner,rolled down you window, and paid for a little manila bag. Or at least that's what I was told. 

OTR has done a 180 in the past 10 or so years. Here's a good article about it. 

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/what-works-cincinnati-ohio-over-the-rhine-crime-neighborhood-turnaround-city-urban-revitalization-213969
Reply/Quote
I promise you, go to Montgomery inn and get Saratoga chips. It will not disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 05:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What's the thing with Chili? So there is Skyline and a 2nd one?

Is there any toppings that are considered traditional?

Ang good in stadium food that the Bengals are known for? Probably chili right?

Skyline and Gold Star are the two biggest Cincinnati style chili parlors in town. You should try a 3-way, which is chili, spaghetti, and cheese, a 4-way adds onions or beans, or a 5-way, which adds both. However, do NOT twirl the pasta like you do with traditional spaghetti and a marinara sauce. You use the fork to cut the spaghetti into bite sized sections that you scoop up with the fork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
There is also buses that run in case you wish to drink and not take a chance at driving.Travel back and forth to many stops in Cincy, Newport and Covington I think. I’ve used these a few times. 10x cheaper than a cab. And you can get a map of all the stops online. I think they run about 5 minutes apart.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for all the feedback everyone!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 04:19 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Cincy has a good zoo

Very true.  

You know what would be funny?  Rent a gorilla costume and run around the place like you're a gorilla on the loose.  Everyone should have a laugh at that Mellow  

(11-01-2018, 04:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Stay away from Larosas. Most overrated Cincinnati food IMO. I agree aout Graeters and Skyline, though. You just have to experience those if you are in Cincinnati. 

True on LaRosas.  They're used to be a few in the Dayton area and they've all but closed.  Understand it used to be the shit back in the day.  Graeters is worth the hype.  Bet ice cream around.

(11-01-2018, 05:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What's the thing with Chili? So there is Skyline and a 2nd one?

Is there any toppings that are considered traditional?

Ang good in stadium food that the Bengals are known for? Probably chili right?

IMHO, go to Skyline for the 3/4/5-way and go to Goldstar for the coneys.  And, as someone pointed out, don't order chill in a bowl, and don't twirl your spaghetti or brace it with a spoon. Bad form.  Oh, and don't forget the bib.  That stuff gets messy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Any good places to take drone photos from? Anyone else into that?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 05:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Rhinegeist. They have (had?) ping pong tables and cornhole boards to play along with very good beer. I've not been to MadTree 2.0 yet, but I've heard it's also awesome. I personally think Moerlein is mediocre.

Madtree 2.0 is awesome. Its in the neighbordhood of Oakley, though...about a 10 minute drive from downtown. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 01:21 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Any good places to take drone photos from? Anyone else into that?

I would go down to the park at the banks. You could get some really cool shots of the entire city, bridges, river, etc. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 01:21 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Any good places to take drone photos from? Anyone else into that?

I'm not into that but go up to Mt Adams and Eden Park. There are great views of the city and river from up there. Also while you're there visit the Cincinnati Art Museum. You don't have to be an art expert to be impressed with everything they have in there. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 01:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Madtree 2.0 is awesome. Its in the neighbordhood of Oakley, though...about a 10 minute drive from downtown. 

Ditto on Madtree. I was there a few weeks ago and it's really cool. Especially outside. You can bring your dog. Except it's getting cold so it won't be much fun outside until next spring.
Reply/Quote
The best picture of the city is from the Kentucky side. Shame you are not coming from down south. I-75 north through the 'cut in the hill' is the best view of the city when it appears.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:01 PM)Goalpost Wrote: The best picture of the city is from the Kentucky side.  Shame you are not coming from down south.  I-75 north through the 'cut in the hill' is the best view of the city when it appears.

Good point. The view is great, day or night. Just be sure you keep your eye on the traffic while checking out the view. I-75 can be treacherous. Also Devou Park in Kentucky offers great views of Cincy. 
Reply/Quote
In case you're not in Cincy yet, weather will not be your friend this weekend. Not even getting to 40 Saturday. Mid forties Sunday.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 11:26 AM)BengalRed Wrote:
I'm not into that but go up to Mt Adams and Eden Park. There are great views of the city and river from up there
. Also while you're there visit the Cincinnati Art Museum. You don't have to be an art expert to be impressed with everything they have in there. 

Exactly what I was going to say.

Speaking of Mt. Adams, I always enjoyed the bar scene there.  Granted I haven't been back since '05, so that could have easily changed...
Reply/Quote
Sorry toy picked this one game to come to. I could barely stomach it to the end of the 3rd quarter, so I can't imagine how you felt making that long trip to see that nonsense.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:01 PM)Goalpost Wrote: The best picture of the city is from the Kentucky side.  Shame you are not coming from down south.  I-75 north through the 'cut in the hill' is the best view of the city when it appears.

I drove out and back in to see it. Really nice!
Reply/Quote