Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll say it: In sports $250 million isn't that much.
(09-18-2023, 11:44 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: People out here bitching about how much Joe makes like it comes out of their pocket or something. It's the weirdest thing. People did the same thing with Votto.

Who cares how much these guys make.

So where does the money come from? 
Reply/Quote
Now Mahomes just restructured his contract. I'm not sure what it means overall, but the report states:

"The Kansas City Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes have restructured his agreement, giving him $210.6 million between 2023 and 2026, the most money in NFL history over a four-season span. His compensation for those years is now guaranteed, the quarterback's agent told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38432601/chiefs-patrick-mahomes-gets-historic-payday-restructuring
Reply/Quote
Mahomes has actually earned it though...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:26 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: So where does the money come from? 

The vast majority of money the NFL makes comes from TV contracts. Usually the follow-up to that question is "And where does that money come from?" which is ultimately going to be consumers in some way, yes. However, that gives big telling a cop "I pay your salary" vibes. Everything is ultimately paid by everyone at some level. 
Reply/Quote
Really pisses me off. I think it’s a stain on our society. When young men are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game.

Some of the smartest, best managers, leading the largest companies in the world don’t make what some of these athletes make. Providing services and goods (sometimes life saving/changing) to the world vs entertainment.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Mahomes has actually earned it though...

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather we won it all but Burrow got the Bengals to the SB in his first year as a starter with two functioning legs.  That's like...really hard..

(09-18-2023, 04:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The vast majority of money the NFL makes comes from TV contracts. Usually the follow-up to that question is "And where does that money come from?" which is ultimately going to be consumers in some way, yes. However, that gives big telling a cop "I pay your salary" vibes. Everything is ultimately paid by everyone at some level. 

[Image: karen-karening.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: Mahomes has actually earned it though...

Playing with one of the best offensive coaches in NFL history has certainly helped Mahomes legacy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 05:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Really pisses me off. I think it’s a stain on our society. When young men are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a game.

Some of the smartest, best managers, leading the largest companies in the world don’t make what some of these athletes make. Providing services and goods (sometimes life saving/changing) to the world vs entertainment.

Your average CFL player pretty much gets paid like a regular dude with a regular job.  If you want to check it oot you can be a Stampeders fan like me and we can talk aboot it!

(09-18-2023, 05:52 PM)TheFan Wrote: Playing with one of the best offensive coaches in NFL history has certainly helped Mahomes legacy. 

Pretty sure Zac Taylor is the HC of the Bengals.  Ninja

On a more serious note, it's almost crazy to remember that there was a time not too long ago when Andy Reid was a guy who "never got it done when it really counted" and he had a QB that was a raw unknown who could be a total bust.
Reply/Quote