Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I love AJ Green
...as bad as this season (and last 30 years) has been, I can't help but admire AJ's attitude. He deserves better.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/29/a-j-green-i-want-to-bring-something-to-this-city/#comment-6527669
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He's always been a good guy who seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. From that same interview he said this...

“When Andy and I got here I feel like we turned a lot of things around. We still can do that. Put some more pieces around us and we’ll be fine.”

While it seems a lot of people are ready to jettison Dalton, I wonder how that could impact AJ's willingness to stay. If you ship Dalton off does he decide he's ready to move on? Kind of something to keep in the equation as we go forward. I am curious to see that combo one year with a new head coach and see if that can turn it around.
Reply/Quote
"If you love him so much why don't you marry him?"

[Image: pee-wee-herman_1978.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He's way up on the list of my all time favorites.....and my favorite of Marvin's players.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 03:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: He's always been a good guy who seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. From that same interview he said this...

“When Andy and I got here I feel like we turned a lot of things around. We still can do that. Put some more pieces around us and we’ll be fine.”

While it seems a lot of people are ready to jettison Dalton, I wonder how that could impact AJ's willingness to stay. If you ship Dalton off does he decide he's ready to move on? Kind of something to keep in the equation as we go forward. I am curious to see that combo one year with a new head coach and see if that can turn it around.

Like you, I'd like to give these guys one last shot with a new voice.  Geno, AJ, Andy, Gio, Big Los.....they all deserve a shot.  Eifert does too, but man, I dunno if you can risk that again.

Reply/Quote
Here's the Enquirer's article:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/11/28/j-green-toe-injury-cincinnati-bengals-playing-denver-broncos/2138447002/

Quote:"Just put the ball somewhere; I'll get it," Green said. 

Quote:"As a receiver and one of the leaders of the team, when the starting quarterback goes down I feel like my role is to step up more as a playmaker," he said. "Everything is not going to be perfect. Have to try to make the plays."

AJ has always been just pure class in everything he does.  The Bengals and Son of Paul may not deserve him, but us long suffering fans do.  Guys like this make you still want to root for our lovable losers.  I'm really digging this more open and vocal side of him lately......now I just want to see him go back to pointing to his nameplate when he scores. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 04:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm really digging this more open and vocal side of him lately......now I just want to see him go back to pointing to his nameplate when he scores. Smirk

Wouldn't it be great if Dre K could do this as well instead of pointing at the receivers nameplate? Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 03:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: He's always been a good guy who seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. From that same interview he said this...

That's the dirty little secret people don't often acknowledge. Green is very fond of Dalton, both on the field and off.

(11-30-2018, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "If you love him so much why don't you marry him?"

[Image: pee-wee-herman_1978.jpg]

Are you saying I'm gay? 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4929570]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I liked the comment about him saying they better not shut him down again like 2016 haha.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...as bad as this season (and last 30 years) has been, I can't help but admire AJ's attitude. He deserves better.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/29/a-j-green-i-want-to-bring-something-to-this-city/#comment-6527669

Yes, my favorite Receiver of all time. Pretty cool he is on my favorite team even if they don't go all out to put those
pieces around him. All class and yet one of the greatest talents of our generation. The way he can go up and just
snatch the ball out of the air and his size and the way he plays the sideline with his toe tap is only him.

Nobody plays like him. Great style and plays the game the way it should be played.

Lots of younger and even older players could learn a lot from him both on and off the field.
Reply/Quote
Seems like WR is the most "Diva friendly" position in the league.

Makes Green even more impressive.
Reply/Quote
Aaaaannd I think that settles it. I like Green more than Chad Ocho now.

But yeah, loved AJ's comments, especially when it came out while we were all talking about how he feel he deserves better. He doesn't even see it that way.

He's the Batman to our Gotham.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:34 PM)thillan Wrote: Aaaaannd I think that settles it. I like Green more than Chad Ocho now.

But yeah, loved AJ's comments, especially when it came out while we were all talking about how he feel he deserves better. He doesn't even see it that way.

Same here.

Chad and AJ have been my favorite Bengals players to watch as an adult fan, but I think AJ is pulling away at this point.

He’s always a bright spot in the middle of this circus.

Reply/Quote
They do not come much better than AJ, He is the man !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Green is awesome. Imagine the things he could do under a QB like Brady or Rodgers or Brees. Would be epic.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...as bad as this season (and last 30 years) has been, I can't help but admire AJ's attitude. He deserves better.

He's the heart of this team. I love his demeanor and anti-diva style. Your right he does deserve better. An amazing hard working athlete on a dead end team.
Reply/Quote
Always admired Green for not only his generational talent but his humbleness off the field. A man who is totally committed to his craft and going about his business in the most professional way possible.

It is a shame that he has essentially wasted his prime playing for an organization that, well....I guess we don't have to go there. But we all know.
Reply/Quote

It's too bad that the owner and self appointed GM, Mike Brown, doesn't share AJ's passion for winning.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:34 PM)thillan Wrote: Aaaaannd I think that settles it. I like Green more than Chad Ocho now.

1A and 1B for me, but they were good in totally different ways, personality-wise.

Chad made the Bengals fun again (for me and many fans) and helped bring the Bengals out of the abyss with his play AND his personality, which brought positive national attention to the team. Non-Bengals fans loved Chad. Hearing how he slept at the stadium was inspiring.

AJ is obviously more quiet, but his loyalty, hard work and devotion to the team are hard to match. Especially for a skill position player.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 02:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1A and 1B for me, but they were good in totally different ways, personality-wise.

Chad made the Bengals fun again (for me and many fans) and helped bring the Bengals out of the abyss with his play AND his personality, which brought positive national attention to the team. Non-Bengals fans loved Chad. Hearing how he slept at the stadium was inspiring.

AJ is obviously more quiet, but his loyalty, hard work and devotion to the team are hard to match. Especially for a skill position player.

Both favorite Bengals of mine even if they appear to be polar opposites. The key is how both of them want/wanted desperately to win, and have given much to the fans, even if Bengal management doesn't deserve it. A big Who-Dey to both of our best wide receivers ever!
Reply/Quote