Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I love AJ Green
(11-30-2018, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...as bad as this season (and last 30 years) has been, I can't help but admire AJ's attitude. He deserves better.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/29/a-j-green-i-want-to-bring-something-to-this-city/#comment-6527669

I was listening to Colin Cowherd one time after Beckham had just signed his contract and he was having a discussion about diva WR's. He said 

"The worst thing the Giants could have done is pay Beckham. " " All these Diva wide receivers do is catch for a ton of yards and they never win anything"  He then listed Julio Jones , Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant and A.J. Green as the diva Wr's among a few others. That is when I could tell that he never pays attention and spouts off about things he knows nothing about. Why in the hell would he think that he is a diva. He doesnt even come close to coming off that way. Is this just an idiot spouting off, or do you think this is public perception?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 08:01 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: I was listening to Colin Cowherd one time after Beckham had just signed his contract and he was having a discussion about diva WR's. He said 

"The worst thing the Giants could have done is pay Beckham. " " All these Diva wide receivers do is catch for a ton of yards and they never win anything"  He then listed Julio Jones , Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant and A.J. Green as the diva Wr's among a few others. That is when I could tell that he never pays attention and spouts off about things he knows nothing about. Why in the hell would he think that he is a diva. He doesnt even come close to coming off that way. Is this just an idiot spouting off, or do you think this is public perception?

It's spouting off. Maybe a little stream of consciousness rambling too. He just started listing top WRs, and boom... AJ Green's name is thrown out.

Julio Jones also has shown no signs of being a diva.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 08:01 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: I was listening to Colin Cowherd one time after Beckham had just signed his contract and he was having a discussion about diva WR's. He said 

(12-01-2018, 12:17 PM)jason Wrote: It's spouting off. Maybe a little stream of consciousness rambling too. He just started listing top WRs, and boom... AJ Green's name is thrown out.

Julio Jones also has shown no signs of being a diva.

I'm honestly asking here, not jabbing at you two: Do you feel like it's because AJ lost his cool and punched Jalen Ramsey? I think that could be it, and when he said we gotta "get playmakers the ball" last year. I personally didn't think anything of it, but I wonder of others did.

I'm surprised Julio was mentioned too.. not that Cowherd's talk means anything. I guess Julio did receive some backlash because of contract talks this past offseason.
Reply/Quote

It wouldn't be the first time Colin has said something stupid.

"Soda?  Nobody but nobody drinks soda anymore."

Oh really?

"Big dogs?  Nobody owns big dogs anymore.  Miniatures and toy dogs are what people have. Except people in the Midwest.  You ever go to the Midwest?  People there have big dogs and they jump on you when you come in the front door.  It's awful.  Nobody but them own big dogs."

How many damn years have Labs been the most owned dogs in the US?

One day he said.  "I'm a common man.  I can relate to what common people want."

Then the next day "I live in a wealthy community.  I can't relate to your average Joe."

Flip flopping for entertainment's sake and no credibility or genuine attributes to his name.

Yeah I agree.  He'll spout off about sports in the same manner.

I do listen to him from time to time and he's entertaining...  but he's also an ignorant ass-bag too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think AJ is excited about this quarterback that has the hot hand right now.Seems like he’s really pumped for this game.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 01:02 PM)thillan Wrote: I'm honestly asking here, not jabbing at you two: Do you feel like it's because AJ lost his cool and punched Jalen Ramsey? I think that could be it, and when he said we gotta "get playmakers the ball" last year. I personally didn't think anything of it, but I wonder of others did.

I'm surprised Julio was mentioned too.. not that Cowherd's talk means anything. I guess Julio did receive some backlash because of contract talks this past offseason.

I don't know. To me the divas are the types that gripe when they're not getting targeted. They dance. They preen. AJ Green got frustrated, and Ramsey talks alot... So he punched him. I think his comment about getting playmakers the ball is a little different than saying get me the ball.

Julio wanted paid, and he said so. We all want paid. I don't know as much about him as I do AJ, but I've watched him a lot. His demeanor is very similar to AJ Green. He quietly catches a ton of ball, gets a ton of yards, and doesn't ***** when Ridley, Sanu, or Hooper are catching TDs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Cowturd is just an idiot, thats all. Mellow
Reply/Quote
So any word on this new injury yet?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You cannot do it in this city AJ, sorry. a Lebron comes only once in a lifetime.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So any word on this new injury yet?

He's in a boot.  I suspect he will be heading to foot guru Dr Anderson to figure out if he needs surgery or not

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 02:43 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Both favorite Bengals of mine even if they appear to be polar opposites. The key is how both of them want/wanted desperately to win, and have given much to the fans, even if Bengal management doesn't deserve it. A big Who-Dey to both of our best wide receivers ever!

Green has been one of the top alltime Bengals but I think its time to cash in on any value for him to get some draft picks to rebuild this thing .
We need a complete overhaul now and to be honest Id like to see AJ go to a superbowl contender before he gets old,  The window is closed in bungleland.   
Reply/Quote
He is one of a kind. Talent AND character. He certainly deserves better than what's happened the last three seasons.
Thanx AJ. You're the best, man.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
I think AJ is done in Cincy. He will be demanding a trade next season, a la Palmer. He’s seen enough of the circus and will want to have a shot at a ring. Injuries tend to put things in perspective.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote