Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love curling!
I can explain life in post revolutionary era. I can write about the licensing requirements for lenders in the state of Iowa. I can dispute the pros and cons of the Tampa 2 defense. Yet I struggle to understand the rules of Olympic curling despite more hours watching than I care to admit.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
What exactly is it you don't understand about the game? Maybe i can help?
Reply/Quote
Curling chicks are usually hot. I love watching them. Just sayin'...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 01:48 AM)count35 Wrote: What exactly is it you don't understand about the game? Maybe i can help?

I understand the point of trying to "hit the bulls eye" with your rocks and trying to block the other team from knocking your rocks out. And the scoring is closest rock(s) to the center circle.  But, like last night....they were shooting way outside of the 4 foot circle.  I think they were trying to bounce off other rocks to get into the circle????  that's the part I wasn't following.  These guys are Olympic athletes in this sport, the crème-de-la-crème....why were they so far off the bulls eye?
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:59 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I understand the point of trying to "hit the bulls eye" with your rocks and trying to block the other team from knocking your rocks out. And the scoring is closest rock(s) to the center circle.  But, like last night....they were shooting way outside of the 4 foot circle.  I think they were trying to bounce off other rocks to get into the circle????  that's the part I wasn't following.  These guys are Olympic athletes in this sport, the crème-de-la-crème....why were they so far off the bulls eye?

Would be the wrong person to ask. Have watched it but it is my least favorite olympic event to watch.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 11:04 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would be the wrong person to ask. Have watched it but it is my least favorite olympic event to watch.

It would have been two Winter Olympics ago by now.....I came home one cold dark winter night....drunk, stoned, and full of the Mississippi leg hound....when I discovered Curling. Particularly women’s curling. I’m still in love with that chick from Denmark. Ever since then, I’ve been hooked on that sport. For one reason or another, there’s a lot of hot women curlers. And it looks like this Olympics are shaping up to be no different if they all look like Becca Hamilton did last night. Sweet baby Jesus.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:53 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Curling chicks are usually hot.  I love watching them.  Just sayin'...

Yep, and here's one reason: https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/02/08/suddenly-i-love-curling-meet-anastasia-bryzgalova-member-of-russias-curling-team-8-photos-olympics2018/
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 05:36 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Yep, and here's one reason: https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/02/08/suddenly-i-love-curling-meet-anastasia-bryzgalova-member-of-russias-curling-team-8-photos-olympics2018/

As you mentioned in another place, the Russian women are always hottest!   :drool:
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
whats more exciting the actual curl or the sweeping.... its gotta be all that sweat sweeping acting
Reply/Quote
This chick is obviously into curling

[Image: ren-toney230.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:59 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I understand the point of trying to "hit the bulls eye" with your rocks and trying to block the other team from knocking your rocks out. And the scoring is closest rock(s) to the center circle.  But, like last night....they were shooting way outside of the 4 foot circle.  I think they were trying to bounce off other rocks to get into the circle????  that's the part I wasn't following.  These guys are Olympic athletes in this sport, the crème-de-la-crème....why were they so far off the bulls eye?

Check this out. Might explain your question? https://youtu.be/TjxcZhbVSVQ

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 06:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: whats more exciting the actual curl or the sweeping....  its gotta be all that sweat sweeping acting

Yeah, the sweeping is fascinating.  Do a lot.  No, wait, don't do any.  No, do more than you even did before!  NOW!  Well, that and the ability of those people to be 3 inches parallel to the ground when they throw the stone.  I'd need everyone on my team to lower me down and pick me back up if I tried to do that.  I also couldn't do the sweeping without tripping over one of the stones,  guaranteed.  Fascinating sport.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 12:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, the sweeping is fascinating.  Do a lot.  No, wait, don't do any.  No, do more than you even did before!  NOW!  Well, that and the ability of those people to be 3 inches parallel to the ground when they throw the stone.  I'd need everyone on my team to lower me down and pick me back up if I tried to do that.  I also couldn't do the sweeping without tripping over one of the stones,  guaranteed.  Fascinating sport.

Why all your negativity? 

Hold my beer!

[Image: 48808e128cefc059fe416d32c06387e3_XL.jpg]

Reply/Quote
GOLD!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2018, 08:21 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: GOLD!!!!!

Yeah, that was unexpected.  

Watching the women's gold medal match right now.  Nice that it's live.  The wife walked through and said "You're giving up Saturday night hockey to watch this?" The she sat down and watched some.  The curling syndicate has gotten to her, too.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Cool

[Image: cat-curling-olympic.gif]

[Image: gif-sweden-countries-curling-1024006.gif]

Reply/Quote