Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love new socks
I love new socks so much that I might never wear another old pair of socks the rest of my life. OK, that's not true, but I wouldn't mind if I could afford to buy new socks every week or so. I just bought 12 pair of Fruit of the Loom socks for about $11 which is actually less than a buck a day for brand new socks.. Holy crap! Why am I even bothering to wash old socks especially when the elastic wears out and they're never the same shiny new white? Hell, I'll GIVE YOU my old socks if you want to drive to South Carolina for them . Most are Haines, the exact same make and model .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've always detested socks, as well as close-toe shoes and trousers, because they all feel restrictive. However, none of those items are as constricting as the necktie -- a creation straight from the bowels of Hell.

Unfortunately, my work requires me to wear a suit and tie on some frequency. On those occasions, I always find myself extremely relieved at day's end when I can shed that hideous garb and simply sport my tee, shorts and sandals.
Reply/Quote
I read your title wrong.

Reply/Quote
However, thanks for reminding me I need to grab some.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I read your title wrong.

Oh my -- it took me a second to get that.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I've stepped on too many sharp objects and stinging insects over the years so I always wear socks and shoes except for in the shower and bed and sometimes around the house. My feet are one of those things (among others on my body) I always keep clean and dry. I had the equivalent of trench foot once.. Never again..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 11:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've stepped on too many sharp objects and stinging insects over the years so I always wear socks and shoes except for in the shower and bed and sometimes around the house. My feet are one of those things (among others on my body) I always keep clean and dry. I had the equivalent of trench foot once.. Never again..

I knew you were old, but I didn't know you were in WWI. 

:)

I like new socks too.  I also like new condoms.  I hate to have to reuse them.  especially if someone else uses it first. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 06:34 PM)grampahol Wrote: I love new socks so much that I might never wear another old pair of socks the rest of my life. OK, that's not true, but I wouldn't mind if I could afford to buy new socks every week or so. I just bought 12 pair of Fruit of the Loom socks for about $11 which is actually less than a buck a day for brand new socks.. Holy crap! Why am I even bothering to wash old socks especially when the elastic wears out and they're never the same shiny new white? Hell, I'll GIVE YOU my old socks if you want to drive to South Carolina for them . Most are Haines, the exact same make and model .

The youngest's boyfriend is driven to become wealthy enough to have a brand new pair of socks everyday.

I about fell on the floor laughing when he told me his ideal end of the day would be to take the brand new pair of socks off of his feet and throw them into the trash.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:25 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I've always detested socks, as well as close-toe shoes and trousers, because they all feel restrictive. However, none of those items are as constricting as the necktie -- a creation straight from the bowels of Hell.

Unfortunately, my work requires me to wear a suit and tie on some frequency. On those occasions, I always find myself extremely relieved at day's end when I can shed that hideous garb and simply sport my tee, shorts and sandals.

You're not one of those guys that runs around wearing flip flops with their nasty fungus riddle toenails exposed to world are you? Shit grosses me out about as much as people barefoot in a store...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 03:50 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I knew you were old, but I didn't know you were in WWI. 

:)

I like new socks too.  I also like new condoms.  I hate to have to reuse them.  especially if someone else uses it first. 

If you turn them inside out you can double their life cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 09:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The youngest's boyfriend is driven to become wealthy enough to have a brand new pair of socks everyday.

I about fell on the floor laughing when he told me his ideal end of the day would be to take the brand new pair of socks off of his feet and throw them into the trash.

I don't throw them out, but when I buy new socks I take old socks down to the local homeless shelter and donate them. Last time I donated 35 pairs... Homeless people love having clean dry socks.. Especially in the winter. 

Reply/Quote
I like new socks and I cannot lie
You other members can’t deny
When that brand new Cotten hugs across your meat with the other pair on your feet

They feel snug “yeah,” so tug “yeah,” and no chance to get the blues
New cotton on the the feet feels way to sweet just slippin in your Walmart shoes.

My feeties like socks (Wigga wigga wigga)!

Reply/Quote
Well dog, I guess some people just don't mind walking around with their feet feeling like filthy, stinking slime..
No names of course.. They know who they are. 

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 01:42 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well dog, I guess some people just don't mind walking around with their feet feeling like filthy, stinking slime..
No names of course.. They know who they are. 
"Daaaamn you Grampahol you sucked on them anyway!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.U5501SL5XFkl7TNUYAobTQHaD4&pid...=324&h=171]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 10:50 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Daaaamn you Grampahol you sucked on them anyway!"

Sock popsicle

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2018, 10:50 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Daaaamn you Grampahol you sucked on them anyway!"

I'll assume this is an admission of wearing stinky slime socks, but I could be mistaken    Cool

Reply/Quote