Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I love the Trash Talking among the Players.
(02-02-2023, 01:08 AM)Roland Wrote: It's what makes football fun, but he really doesn't do it.  "It's all love," and "They know we respect them."   That's some quality trash talk there.

It was Joe trying to smooth things over.   How's that?

That spin was weak.

I agree with Burrow "It is what makes football fun."

He doesn't do it, but he makes the first down gestures, which has many members here whine in their tight panties if it was another player.
They *****, "why don't players hand the ball to the refs"
[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47yx7sqv37uyqg540zyc7...w.gif&ct=g]

You also had Chiefs players mocking the cigar-smoking including the KC QB.

I've seen members here ***** when Bengal players in the past do a backward point to their names and called those players egotistical.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47yorl4d676zqqw9lszo6...w.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The only show of hubris i think should be banned is that "pretending to eat soup" gesture.  I think that one is out of style and not used anymore.

I just recall a time where any run Mixon would have that went over 5 yards would result in him jumping up and pretending to eat soup.

And I still laugh out loud thinking about Jameis Wistons "eat that W" speech. May be football celebrations and eating just seem absurd to me. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow really could not say anything else at this juncture after they did not back up their talk.

He also said that the teams had tremendous amounts of respect for each other too. But I heard Kelce and Clark's post game interviews and there was no love or respect shown toward the Bengals. Just a lot rubbing their nose in it like a little puppy being educated. Thinking the Bengals did not find it very fun either since they had nothing to say back except that we have deep respect for the Chiefs.

Betting the trash talk slows from the Bengals side next year in the playoffs.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
“It’s fun banter at the end of the day, but I don’t want this to get away from how much I respect the Bengals — the coaches, the players on that team. All those guys across the board on the offensive side are absolutely spectacular and… that defense, I don’t know if I’ve played a defense that plays more together than that team.”

Kelce went as far as even praising Eli Apple, the Bengals corner who sits as perhaps the most polarizing player in the league.

Travis Kelce on trash talking after the game.
Reply/Quote
I have 0 issue with players talking trash to each other. It's the "has-beens" and "never-beens" in the media talking crap I'm not fond of.

As to Travis Kelce, he recently stated he loves Cincy after someone (his brother I think) asked him about his comments toward the Mayor.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 09:43 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: That spin was weak.

I agree with Burrow "It is what makes football fun."

He doesn't do it, but he makes the first down gestures, which has many members here whine in their tight panties if it was another player.
They *****, "why don't players hand the ball to the refs"
[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47yx7sqv37uyqg540zyc7...w.gif&ct=g]

You also had Chiefs players mocking the cigar-smoking including the KC QB.

I've seen members here ***** when Bengal players in the past do a backward point to their names and called those players egotistical.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47yorl4d676zqqw9lszo6...w.gif&ct=g]

There's a clear difference between celebrating what you're doing or have done on the field and trash talking someone in advance of a game.
Reply/Quote
Trash talk is nothing new under the sun. It's taught to kids at a very young age in little league.. "Hey batter, batter, batter, batter...SWING!" They call it chatter when we're kids..Trash talk later.. Ehhh.. it's like debating whose farts smell better after eating beans and rotten chicken..  Sick
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 02:37 PM)Roland Wrote: There's a clear difference between celebrating what you're doing or have done on the field and trash talking someone in advance of a game.

I agree there is a difference between talking trash before a game and both I and Burrow stated we enjoy it.

You are bending over like a pretzel trying to whine out of it.

He clearly stated what he stated "It is what makes football fun" and now you are trying to insinuate he is trying to smooth things over??

C'mon man get real and understand what I wrote. I never said Burrow is a Trash Talker, I said and he said it's fun.
The first down gestures and pointing to the back of his name on his jersey is what other members over the years have whined about. And now suddenly they are quiet. Hmm

I might be on a team and not good at trash-talking, but my teammate is and I think he is hilarious.

Burrow might not be good at trash-talking, but he thinks some of his teammates are hilarious. 

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 03:53 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I agree there is a difference between talking trash before a game and both I and Burrow stated we enjoy it.

You are bending over like a pretzel trying to whine out of it.

He clearly stated what he stated "It is what makes football fun" and now you are trying to insinuate he is trying to smooth things over??

C'mon man get real and understand what I wrote. I never said Burrow is a Trash Talker, I said and he said it's fun.
The first down gestures and pointing to the back of his name on his jersey is what other members over the years have whined about. And now suddenly they are quiet. Hmm

I might be on a team and not good at trash-talking, but my teammate is and I think he is hilarious.

Burrow might not be good at trash-talking, but he thinks some of his teammates are hilarious. 

Blah blah blah and then you post something that supports what I said.   And nothing that supports what you said.

"I never start it but I'm going to try to finish it when I can."  "I'm not going to go out in the first quarter and try to get folks riled up but if somebody says something to me I'll be talking that whole game."

"I never start it."

So he never has fun unless someone else starts it?  How can this be?  It's inconceivable!  He must spend the whole game praying that someone will talk trash to him so he can actually enjoy the game for a change.  

Burrow is not what you're trying to claim, and you know it.  He's a leader of men, not a typer of shit on a keyboard.  He uses it to help motivate himself when someone else disrespects him. Which is why when you're playing in a league with players on every team who can "finish it," it's stupid to provide that extra motivation.

Burrow is the exact opposite of the shit you're talking. Thank God. He's a confident leader who leads by example. He's demonstrative to fire up his team and celebrate their accomplishments when it's appropriate.  He reserves trash talk for people who disrespect him and for times when he can do something about it on the field of play.  Burrow is the epitome of, "Don't start nothin, won't be nothin."

You are dismissed.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 08:02 PM)Roland Wrote: Blah blah blah and then you post something that supports what I said.   And nothing that supports what you said.

"I never start it but I'm going to try to finish it when I can."  "I'm not going to go out in the first quarter and try to get folks riled up but if somebody says something to me I'll be talking that whole game."

"I never start it."

So he never has fun unless someone else starts it?  How can this be?  It's inconceivable!  He must spend the whole game praying that someone will talk trash to him so he can actually enjoy the game for a change.  

Burrow is not what you're trying to claim, and you know it.  He's a leader of men, not a typer of shit on a keyboard.  He uses it to help motivate himself when someone else disrespects him. Which is why when you're playing in a league with players on every team who can "finish it," it's stupid to provide that extra motivation.

Burrow is the exact opposite of the shit you're talking. Thank God. He's a confident leader who leads by example. He's demonstrative to fire up his team and celebrate their accomplishments when it's appropriate.  He reserves trash talk for people who disrespect him and for times when he can do something about it on the field of play.  Burrow is the epitome of, "Don't start nothin, won't be nothin."

You are dismissed.

Roland, you really need to enroll in a class on Reading Comprehension.

You can't understand, can you?

How many times should I write that Burrow thinks that Talking Trash is fun and I am not saying by him.

He clearly stated that if you are too blind and  ____ ,oh never mind.

You are changing the narrative, it isn't about Burrow Talking Trash, it's about whether you understand, he said it's fun. 

Class is just starting for you.
Reply/Quote
Dismissed. Move along.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:58 AM)Roland Wrote: Dismissed.  Move along.

[Image: customLogo.gif?revision=4]
Reply/Quote
Two takes on this one:

1. Your opinion on trash talk is going to closely correlate with your age. OP must be around my age because I loved the nWo as a kid and generally like trash (not prick) talk. Trash talk is an additional gamble you are taking which adds to the fun, in my view. Older people are more likely to have the shut up and keep your head down mentality. Neither approach is wrong, just different. The key is not to cross any lines or waste too much time.

2. Players themselves get amped up and express themselves in different ways. Josh Allen, for example, is the most boring interview you will ever listen to. I turn my radio off or fast forward the podcast whenever he talks. On the field though, he gets in guy's faces and screams after big plays, which is more reflexive and it works for him. The bengals are a confident group and trash talking (or having a chip on their shoulder, whatever) works for them more often than not.

trash talking is a a gamble, just treat it as such and realize you win some, you lose some and have fun (if you want to).
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 12:29 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Two takes on this one:

1. Your opinion on trash talk is going to closely correlate with your age. OP must be around my age because I loved the nWo as a kid and generally like trash (not prick) talk. Trash talk is an additional gamble you are taking which adds to the fun, in my view. Older people are more likely to have the shut up and keep your head down mentality. Neither approach is wrong, just different. The key is not to cross any lines or waste too much time.

2. Players themselves get amped up and express themselves in different ways. Josh Allen, for example, is the most boring interview you will ever listen to. I turn my radio off or fast forward the podcast whenever he talks. On the field though, he gets in guy's faces and screams after big plays, which is more reflexive and it works for him. The bengals are a confident group and trash talking (or having a chip on their shoulder, whatever) works for them more often than not.

trash talking is a a gamble, just treat it as such and realize you win some, you lose some and have fun (if you want to).

Thank you sir for an intelligent response.ThumbsUp

Without mentioning any names, some people are just brain dead.

The issue is NOT whether Joe Burrow Trash Talks. I repeatedly said I like Trash Talking among players and so does Burrow. PERIOD.

Never said Burrow himself likes or dislikes to Trash Talk. Like I said some people are slow and need to not only learn to read, but to comprehend what they are reading.

An analogy for the ********.

A person might love Dave Chappelle as a stand up comedian. That person may or may not be a comedian himself, but he thinks Chappelle is funny.
Enter Burrow he admittedly stated he thinks Trash Talking is funny. That's it, PERIOD.  Never said Burrow himself likes to Trash Talk. That's the ******** throwing a red herring into the conversation and changing the narrative of the theme of this topic. 
Reply/Quote
Either way, if you are going to trash talk back it up.

Hilton had his worst game as a Bengal, he might want to slow his roll next time.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Either way, if you are going to trash talk back it up.

Hilton had his worst game as a Bengal, he might want to slow his roll next time.

No arguments there.
Didn't think Burrowhead Stadium was funny also.  Yawn

Off the topic.
As Deion Sanders once said if you are going to have a nick name, you better back it up.

Back on topic.
If the Bengals create a policy next year of no pre-game Trash Talking, I wouldn't mind, but they better get further than this year. Whatever  
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 02:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Either way, if you are going to trash talk back it up.

Was shocked at how bad Hilton played after throwing the Burrowhead out there. Dude was solid all year until he laid that egg

Don't know if it was because Mahomes was pointing him out on many snaps yelling "watch him, watch him" or if he just turtled up when the Chiefs started barking about Burrowhead. 

Either way he did not back it up at all.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It ain't bragging MF'er if you back it up !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Ehh, what can ya do?  You have to talk trash before the outcome, otherwise it's just cowardly cherry picking...but no NFL team is going to win them all, so there are always going to be times when you play the fool.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, what can ya do?  You have to talk trash before the outcome, otherwise it's just cowardly cherry picking...but no NFL team is going to win them all, so there are always going to be times when you play the fool.

Exactly. 

If you know you are going to have a C- game, you would look dumb and hurt your reputation. If you knew you were going to have an A+ game, you raise your profile and look smart.

Gambling, but with NFL games, future contract money and reputation on the line
Reply/Quote