Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love the aggressive nature of this team
I know it was against backups and stuff but props to Zac for the aggressive play calling yesterday.Feels good watching a team put the pedal down and not look back. Zac needs to let Joey B air it out against the Chiefs too
Reply/Quote
I agree that aggressive up tempo,should be the identity of this Offense.Joe Burrow mentioned it yesterday in his post game interview.He said there have been times this season when they went too conservative and it cost them.(I hope Zac heard that.) I think the conservative mode has cost us a couple games this season.

Joe Burrow is fully healthy now,and you can see it in his play.Last week,he even said himself that he finally “for the first time all year I feel like my old self”.Time to let Joe do his thing.
Reply/Quote
I like aggressive play calling. But having Burrow play the last two series was stupid. If he had gotten injured piling up garbage time stats you would all be here crucifying Taylor instead of praising him.
Reply/Quote
I particularly loved the 4th and 5 call later in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like aggressive play calling.  But having Burrow play the last two series was stupid.  If he had gotten injured piling up garbage time stats you would all be here crucifying Taylor instead of praising him.

Your opinion about benching Burrow makes sense. We saw an example play out last night where the Cowboy's coach benched Dak to rest him and avoid injury. Calling Zac's decision to keep Burrow in stupid is only a hot take. You aren't an NFL coach and don't understand the purpose or rationale behind Zac's decision making.

Your use of the "you all" dialogue to generalize all Bengals Board posters is really strange. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like aggressive play calling.  But having Burrow play the last two series was stupid.  If he had gotten injured piling up garbage time stats you would all be here crucifying Taylor instead of praising him.

Agreed, very childish decision by Taylor. In reality, there should have been very few starters playing in the last 8 minutes of the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:32 PM)Trademark Wrote: I know it was against backups and stuff but props to Zac for the aggressive play calling yesterday.Feels good watching a team put the pedal down and not look back. Zac needs to let Joey B air it out against the Chiefs too

I was screaming when they kept running the ball and going no where, to let Joe cook. I got killed in the GD thread for it.. Turns out it was the right decision.. Joe ended them yesterday. This is the game that starts Joe's legacy and puts this team over the hump. That was it. We know our identity now.. Throw it all over the yard and mix a run in here and there... So many drives have stalled because of 1 and 2 yard gains on 1st and 2nd down..
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:11 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Your opinion about benching Burrow makes sense. We saw an example play out last night where the Cowboy's coach benched Dak to rest him and avoid injury. Calling Zac's decision to keep Burrow in stupid is only a hot take. You aren't an NFL coach and don't understand the purpose or rationale behind Zac's decision making.

Your use of the "you all" dialogue to generalize all Bengals Board posters is really strange. 

Fred don't understand,  they are going against KC next week. He wanted the offense rolling into that game. To young of a team to sit guys. This KC game could win them division. Their confidence is at an all time high now, and we have our identity...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:12 PM)M.W. Wrote: Agreed, very childish decision by Taylor. In reality, there should have been very few starters playing in the last 8 minutes of the game.

Others have posted the benefits of why Zac possibly made the choice: aggressiveness, momentum, building up confidence in his players, making a statement they own the North, and a whole lot of other reasons that contribute to winning culture. It's not always about what a stat reveals or playing it safe. When you work with people, a human element is ever present so perhaps Zac was leveraging that to get his players ready for the rest of the grind.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:15 PM)Tony Wrote: Fred don't understand,  they are going against KC next week. He wanted the offense rolling into that game. To young of a team to sit guys. This KC game could win them division. Their confidence is at an all time high now, and we have our identity...

I agree with the "we have our identity..." statement. Zac, perhaps since I have no idea what he was thinking, saw an opportunity to leverage the emotions of his players and build them up for KC, the Browns, and hopefully the playoffs.  I like Zac's decision making this week to be aggressive. 
Reply/Quote

You know Fred, normally I'd agree with you, however, I think there comes a time for the head coach to basically say listen we're not gonna play nice.  If you're gonna run the score up on us and ***** about everything that happens then we'll give you a reason to do so.  

I respect Zac for doing it yesterday.  I haven't given Zac a lot of credit prior to this season but the guys winning me over.  He's shown he does have some flaw but I love how direct he is and open and honest.  Give me that any day over coach speak. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:12 PM)Tony Wrote: I was screaming when they kept running the ball and going no where, to let Joe cook. I got killed in the GD thread for it.. Turns out it was the right decision.. Joe ended them yesterday. This is the game that starts Joe's legacy and puts this team over the hump. That was it. We know our identity now.. Throw it all over the yard and mix a run in here and there... So many drives have stalled because of 1 and 2 yard gains on 1st and 2nd down..

Agree

And I want to stay balanced a bit mixing in some runs. But when it's getting stuffed more often than not quit banging your head against the wall with 1 yard 1st down runs that put us behind the chains.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:12 PM)M.W. Wrote: Agreed, very childish decision by Taylor. In reality, there should have been very few starters playing in the last 8 minutes of the game.

I guess you didn't watch the Green Bay/Baltimore game....
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:22 PM)TJ528 Wrote: You know Fred, normally I'd agree with you, however, I think there comes a time for the head coach to basically say listen we're not gonna play nice.  If you're gonna run the score up on us and ***** about everything that happens then we'll give you a reason to do so.  

I respect Zac for doing it yesterday.  I haven't given Zac a lot of credit prior to this season but the guys winning me over.  He's shown he does have some flaw but I love how direct he is and open and honest.  Give me that any day over coach speak. 

It is silly to risk the health of starters in meaningless garbage time.  Doesn't matter if other teams are stupid and do it to us.  It is still stupid. 
Reply/Quote
It’s kind of new phenomenon to pull starters. Do you guys remember a couple years ago when Sean Peyton left Brees in during a 40 point beat down of us until the last series?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I guess you didn't watch the Green Bay/Baltimore game....

Actually I did watch it, but apparently you did not.

The Packers were never up by 20 with just 7 minutes left.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is silly to risk the health of starters in meaningless garbage time.  Doesn't matter if other teams are stupid and do it to us.  It is still stupid. 

Nah, team came out healthy, we got the win, Burrow entered the record books, and we smashed the soul of the Ravens. Good coaching by Zac.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nah, team came out healthy, we got the win, Burrow entered the record books, and we smashed the soul of the Ravens. Good coaching by Zac.

But you are just basing your opinion on the results.

If Burrow had gotten knocked out for the season you would be ripping Taylor for being so stupid.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But you are just basing your opinion on the results.

If Burrow had gotten knocked out for the season you would be ripping Taylor for being so stupid.

No, I wouldn't be ripping Taylor. You're making an incorrect assumption and you are basing your opinion on a hypothetical situation. So what's your point?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I did watch it, but apparently you did not.

The Packers were never up by 20 with just 7 minutes left.

No, but they were up 11 with just minutes left and almost lost it.
Reply/Quote